Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planes (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Kid Cannabis (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mad Max Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 218 24.80%
Friday the 13th Part II 202 22.98%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 128 14.56%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 287 32.65%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 59 6.71%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 224 25.48%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 90 10.24%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 56 6.37%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 39 4.44%
Jason X 76 8.65%
Freddy Vs. Jason 92 10.47%
Friday the 13th (2009) 60 6.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 879. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 03:54 AM   #8821

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualsynth View Post
Bought a copy from best buy when it was released and the discs were scratched. I was lucky enough to get my money back. Some have had no issues but others including myself have had bad luck with these discs due to the poor packaging.
Thanks,ill most likely take the gamble.if the discs are scratched ill just take them back
Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM   #8822

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hek_qwerr View Post
Thanks,ill most likely take the gamble.if the discs are scratched ill just take them back
From what I've read, Amazon recalled the product because of this until the problem was solved. It sounds like the copies they're selling now should be fine. As for Best Buy, that's a crapshoot. Depends on how old the inventory is.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM   #8823
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman13 View Post
From what I've read, Amazon recalled the product because of this until the problem was solved. It sounds like the copies they're selling now should be fine. As for Best Buy, that's a crapshoot. Depends on how old the inventory is.
I don't believe there's any reason to believe that anything has changed with the packaging or how the discs are now handled. Amazon had stopped selling the sets several times since it first went up for sale, and each time they put them back up again, until others complained and they pulled it down again. This has happened several times now. It's the same packaging, and the same discs, so I don't see what has changed. There's just less people purchasing the set now as it has had its initial rush of fans, followed by many returns and complaints. Things are slowing down now so naturally there will be less complaints.

If there is anything that Warner or Amazon or Best Buy has stated suggesting things have been fixed, I'd like to know. Otherwise, I think it's safe to assume that nothing has been done about it, and it's still a hit-or-miss situation like it has been since the beginning.
Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM   #8824

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I don't believe there's any reason to believe that anything has changed with the packaging or how the discs are now handled. Amazon had stopped selling the sets several times since it first went up for sale, and each time they put them back up again, until others complained and they pulled it down again. This has happened several times now. It's the same packaging, and the same discs, so I don't see what has changed. There's just less people purchasing the set now as it has had its initial rush of fans, followed by many returns and complaints. Things are slowing down now so naturally there will be less complaints.

If there is anything that Warner or Amazon or Best Buy has stated suggesting things have been fixed, I'd like to know. Otherwise, I think it's safe to assume that nothing has been done about it, and it's still a hit-or-miss situation like it has been since the beginning.
Possible. Anything I've been able to find has been from the internet. So you know, definitely 100% the truth.
Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM   #8825

Aug 2011
Missouri

Wish there was something they would do over all the complaints... like release the set in an actual case like the Nightmare set was. That is the one and only reason why I have not purchased this set. I'm not forking over $70+ on something that can get damaged easily, or could be damaged before it even arrives to me.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #8826
Expert Member

Mar 2011

i actually like the packaging all together, no complaints here. i prefer the 'disc placement' on this set over the chucky set.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #8827
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by format916 View Post
i actually like the packaging all together, no complaints here. i prefer the 'disc placement' on this set over the chucky set.
I hated the tin itself - I don't even call that artwork. The actual cardboard "book" that holds all the discs is quite attractive. But after 2 sets with scratches, I gave up. My Little House on the Prairie set holds 5 discs in a slim case with plastic hubs and they pop on and off with ease - I'm up to disc 3 now and no scratches after removing them multiple times. How hard would it have been for Warner to keep it simple like that?
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #8828

Sep 2009
Florida

I have a few Blu-Rays that are scratched and they all play fine.

I always thought that scratches don't effect Blu-Rays?

Last edited by travisbickle; Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #8829

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post

That's beside the point. When you buy a brand new product, it's not supposed to be ****ing scratched from the start or get scratched because of the goddamn packaging.
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #8830
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post

They can - in fact, due to how close the data is packed on a blu-ray, a fine scratch can affect more data. Of course sometimes a scratch won't affect playback at all.

But scratches certainly affect the value if you try to sell them later. Many used retail stores won't even buy discs that are scratched. My local stores look at each disc - if they are scratched, they give it back to me.
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #8831
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
That's beside the point. When you buy a brand new product, it's not supposed to be ****ing scratched from the start or get scratched because of the goddamn packaging.
Precisely. I'm always amazed how many people are willing to accept scratched discs on a $100 blu-ray set. Why on Earth would people accept damaged discs if they're buying them new?
Old Today, 04:11 AM   #8832

Dec 2013

Debated on buying this but is there a specific reason why Jason Goes to Hell isn't the uncut version?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America