COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Paul McCartney & Wings: Rockshow (Blu-ray)
$15.88
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Originals: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
They Came Together (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Archer: The Complete Season Three (Blu-ray)
$12.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-12-2014, 03:44 AM   #581
Special Member

Mar 2011

Thanks. Already ordered it but was kind of figuring it would have German text after receiving my Rocky disc a week or so back.

It was cheaper than ordering the HK disc (which does have an English back), so I'll learn to get over not being able to read the back.
Wanted: Warner Bros UK 90th Anniversary slipcovers for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Exorcist, and A Clockwork Orange.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #582

Oct 2010
Kelso

I received the German release of Bloodsport yesterday. The jagged edges aren't noticeable at all really while watching the film however the overall picture has a barely noticeable pixely look at times. Perhaps it's just more obvious grain than the US disc but it seems a little unnatural looking to me.

Anyone who's looked at the screen captures on caps-a-holic.com will notice that the colour is quite different on both the US and German discs. The colour on the German disc is perhaps closer to reality than the US disc's warmer colours. While during certain scenes the colours look very nice on the German disc I feel like the film is likely better suited to the US discs warmer, slightly more saturated colours. The main reason for this is that there's numerous scenes where the picture looks quite muted on the German disc. In fact I'd say that it often looks unrealistically dull.

If I was in charge of remastering Bloodsport I'd have the colours somewhere between the US and German releases. As it is I'd recommend the US release as the one to get. I think it's probably ultimately more pleasing to view than the German release. I also suspect it's closer to the director's intended look.

Last edited by John The Grudge; 08-15-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America