Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Dracula Untold (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Guest (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fifty Shades of Grey (Blu-ray)
$14.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Prison Break: Season One (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$8.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #841
Suspended

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
I tend to agree with you.
But keep in mind that Arrow was not the best (even far from that) in the beginning. They released some crappy discs during their early years of existence.
So they are the living proof that improvement is always possible. Now, they are among the best!
It would be a start if Raro actually acknowledged their below average releases, and responded and did something about the justified criticism.

For a long time, my heart has sunk every time they announce a new title. I truly wish that that they went bust. I'd prefer to wait for a decent release instead of having to make do with their sub standard releases. Every release from these incompetent clowns means less chance of a release for the same title from a company that actually cares.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #842
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Albany, NY

I actually really like their Di Leo sets though and I am really hoping for a decent Hitch-hike release. Was watching the BU release of Hitch-Hike the other night and there are definitely some rough areas in that transfer that can be improved on, hopefully RARO's release does just that.
Blu-Ray Wish List: The Asphalt Jungle (1950), Chopping Mall (1986), High Sierra (1941), Kill Baby... Kill! (1966), Dodsworth (1936), His Girl Friday (1940), Roman Holiday (1953), Fingers (1977), Twisted Nerve (1968), Knife In The Water (1962), The Naked Spur (1953), Blood Link (1982), Murder, My Sweet (1944), Eye of the Needle (1981), A Bronx Tale (1993), Targets (1968), Solange (1972), Mirage (1965), Waking The Dead (2000), Secret Agent (1936).
Old 07-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #843
Suspended

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiFiFi1955 View Post
I actually really like their Di Leo sets though and I am really hoping for a decent Hitch-hike release. Was watching the BU release of Hitch-Hike the other night and there are definitely some rough areas in that transfer that can be improved on, hopefully RARO's release does just that.
You do realise that at least one of the the Di Leo sets is made up of a mix of full HD and upscales ? "Lyris" mentioned that on here a while back.

That's pathetic.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:18 AM   #844

Jul 2015

The boxsets were a decent value though, think I paid less than $20 for each, but I hadn't watched them all either. Looking at the vol. 2 screens here a few do appear to be an upscale

Still, I won't worry too much about it for the price paid.

Also bought Hanging for Django, which was 1080i and lossy audio. Bummer, but it's not a top-tier SW either.

Point, I'd be more careful to read reviews before buying Raro stuff in the future.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:28 AM   #845
Suspended

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubious View Post
The boxsets were a decent value though, think I paid less than $20 for each, but I hadn't watched them all either. Looking at the vol. 2 screens here a few do appear to be an upscale

Still, I won't worry too much about it for the price paid.

Also bought Hanging for Django, which was 1080i and lossy audio. Bummer, but it's not a top-tier SW either.

Point, I'd be more careful to read reviews before buying Raro stuff in the future.
Cheap or expensive, that is not of importance. (And they are doing false advertising)

Just because a turd is cheap, it doesn't change the fact that it's a turd.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:32 AM   #846

Jul 2015

Yeah, I agree. If I'd wanted a DVD I'd have ordered a DVD.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (07-11-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #847

Jun 2013
London, UK

I tend to agree, but it's not that black and white - Raro's blu-ray of The Conformist, for example, is better than Arrow's.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (07-11-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #848

Feb 2009
Serbia&Montenegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
It would be a start if Raro actually acknowledged their below average releases, and responded and did something about the justified criticism.

For a long time, my heart has sunk every time they announce a new title. I truly wish that that they went bust. I'd prefer to wait for a decent release instead of having to make do with their sub standard releases. Every release from these incompetent clowns means less chance of a release for the same title from a company that actually cares.
I hope not although theirs releases are what they are. I know a publisher form your country with very significant output of Italian genre movies but this didn't prevent it biting the dust five years ago.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #849
Power Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Now that I have Caliber 9 from Arrow we need the rest of the Di Leo Volume 1 set released by them. Im looking forward to Nightmare City.
Don't set your expectations too high. Both surviving pre-print elements of Nightmare City are massively flawed.

The major advantage of the Arrow disc is that in acknowledgement of this, they're including two versions of the film, sourced from each element - and it's certainly true that the original camera neg is noticeably sharper than the bizarrely soft dupe neg that Raro used (this isn't a DNR issue: it's inherent in the materials). But the original camera neg has also undergone very severe chemical damage in ways that can ultimately only be slightly toned down rather than eliminated altogether.

Basically, don't expect it to look like Milano Calibro 9!

(Which is a technical impossibility in any case as Nightmare City was shot in Techniscope, so has only half the vertical resolution to begin with. You can get great results from Techniscope, as Arrow's Zombie Flesh Eaters and Day of Anger prove - but access to an OCN in good physical condition is pretty much essential, as there's much less wiggle room than there would be with conventionally-shot 35mm materials.)
Old 07-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #850
Suspended

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvaso View Post
I hope not although theirs releases are what they are. I know a publisher form your country with very significant output of Italian genre movies but this didn't prevent it biting the dust five years ago.
Neo Publishing in France ? That market is minuscule compared to Raro and the US.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #851
Suspended

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams76 View Post
I tend to agree, but it's not that black and white - Raro's blu-ray of The Conformist, for example, is better than Arrow's.
I think it's the only Raro bd that I have.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #852

Feb 2009
Serbia&Montenegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
Is the DVD of Perfume of the Lady in Black worth buying? This thread doesn't seem to have any info on a possible bluray release besides a "someone said it's coming in 2015", I'm not sure if it's inevitable or not. Just wondering if I should wait around for the bluray since it's a pretty safe bet, or if I should just spring for the DVD.
Coming soon.
Thanks given by:
cakefactory (07-20-2015), dsman71 (07-21-2015), Mr. Thomsen (07-21-2015), OceanBlue (07-23-2015), RiFiFi1955 (07-20-2015), Seymour (07-21-2015), thismightbezach (07-20-2015), Torrente (07-22-2015), Undeadcow (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 09:02 PM   #853
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Sweet, glad I delayed!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:12 AM   #854

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Great news. One of the giallos I've been after on Blu-ray, The Perfume of the Lady in Black. Keeping my fingers crossed the transfer is good. Not watched them in full yet, but I'm pleased with the transfers of the Blu-rays of Death Occured Last Night and Killer Cop (moreso with the latter).

Thanks again, djvaso. Keep the thread updated with any updates on possible extras.
Holy grail Blu-ray slasher horror film/TV film announcements - Blood Games, Chopping Mall, The Clown at Midnight, Coda, Deadly Games, Edge of the Axe, Fatal Games, Fatal Pulse, Formula for a Murder, Ghosthouse, Hard to Die, Hide and Go Shriek, Hotline, Last Dance, Mirage, Next of Kin, Nightkill, Phobia, Prom Night II: Hello Mary Lou, Screamtime, The Seduction, Shallow Grave, Slaughter Night, Till Death Do Us Part, Too Scared to Scream, You Will Die at Midnight.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:44 AM   #855
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Maryland

Anyone with Killer Cop have problems with lots of skipping during the interview in the special features?
Old 07-22-2015, 02:50 AM   #856

Sep 2012

Will wait for reviews, Raro have released bad product in the last 12 months.
They have to earn my purchase dollars now, now more pre orders for them.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:26 AM   #857

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethdlh View Post
Anyone with Killer Cop have problems with lots of skipping during the interview in the special features?
Yes, one of my players won't even play that special feature. The screen just gos black.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #858
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahadeva View Post
Yes, one of my players won't even play that special feature. The screen just gos black.
Thanks for confirming it isn't just me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors