Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$52.99
Justified: The Complete Final Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Malcolm X (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Bram Stoker's Dracula / Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Autómata (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts w/ Blu-ray Exclusive Figure (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Attenborough's Life Stories (Blu-ray)
$4.96
Gattaca (Blu-ray)
$4.96
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #481

Aug 2010
London

I honestly don't care if Jackson prefers the US cut or not. Just give us Braindead. I don't mind if they include the Dead Alive cut as well, but just give us Braindead.

Anyway, his recent output has shown that he no longer has any understanding at all of the concept of "editing"....
Thanks given by:
Jompa (01-16-2015), Mobe1969 (01-16-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 11:21 PM   #482
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Q View Post
I honestly don't care if Jackson prefers the US cut or not. Just give us Braindead. I don't mind if they include the Dead Alive cut as well, but just give us Braindead.

Anyway, his recent output has shown that he no longer has any understanding at all of the concept of "editing"....
That's exactly why I think Dead Alive is the better cut. Braindead just like his later films is too long and drags, especially in the first half.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #483
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Yeah, count me in for a NA release that includes both cuts. It is pretty cool to see how much people are willing to pay for the Blu-ray now that it's OOP. Mine ain't goin' anywhere, though.
I don't have time for this. I've got to go pick a fight with a muscular stranger!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:00 AM   #484
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnaloner View Post
Also, we're talking 7 minutes of cuts here, and most of it is gore effects. You're telling me you don't want to see Void's disembodied legs torn apart and splattered, ok, but I think that's the fun of the movie, and I can't think of a single cut second that drags in any way. It's an hour and 47 minutes long...This has been an amazing 6 months of blu-ray announcements for me. If this one happens, I won't be missing much of my DVD collection.

1:47 is longer, much longer than the average horror film running time of 80-90 minutes. Still, no release of "Dead Alive", or "BrainDead", will be complete if they only provide one cut (there are supposedly 3 versions, no?). This is a very unique film that has been sadly neglected on video for the most part. Frankly, I'm shocked that it still has not received the treatment it deserves. At this rate, it's going to catch up to The Abyss as one of the longest-running no-shows in home video history
Old 01-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #485
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
1:47 is longer, much longer than the average horror film running time of 80-90 minutes. Still, no release of "Dead Alive", or "BrainDead", will be complete if they only provide one cut (there are supposedly 3 versions, no?). This is a very unique film that has been sadly neglected on video for the most part. Frankly, I'm shocked that it still has not received the treatment it deserves. At this rate, it's going to catch up to The Abyss as one of the longest-running no-shows in home video history
Yeah there's 3, but who would ever want to revisit the R-rated US cut? Maybe as a gag or joke, but no other reason for it. Everything good is missing from that, avoid at all costs!

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=164848
Thanks given by:
Jompa (01-16-2015), Nocturnaloner (01-16-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America