Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Fifty Shades Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Terror: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$23.97
1 hr ago
I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22

Maximum Overdrive (Blu-ray)
$32.99
11 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Darkest Hour (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #101
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

A 1.3a cable has the required bandwidth for full resolution 3D and HD sound.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #102

Jan 2008
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat99 View Post
I just got the 300 today, tried it out. I really gave it a work out via my complicated set up. What I want, it will not do. You can not get both at the same time to work. HDMI #1 will give 3d and hd audio. #2 will give 3d but it will only give hd audio with no video. #2 will give 1080 video with only 2ch stereo. if using #2 for 3d you get know sound to recvr. bottom line. I need a 3d capable switcher. Now my denon has 2 hdmi out which I used. the 3d was present when passed via rcvr but was only 50% 3d. I have a 75 in laservue(3d) and a projector screen that drops down infront. I need a designated line for 3d to the laservue, then one to the recver to switch for the sound and video to projector. Know any cheap 3d(1.4 splitters) What would 3d look like if it passed via a 1.3a hdmi cable????? 50% loss, I am sur it is my rcvr. Thanks
If you are going to use both, you use the first one for video only and the second one for audio only. You would run the first one to the tv and the second one to your av receiver if your receiver can only take 1.3. If your receiver can take 1.4, then you only need to run the first HDMI.
A/V Equipment
LG 79UB9800 Television, Onkyo TX-NR757 7.2 Receiver Samsung UBD‑K8500
2,792 Movies
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #103

Jan 2011
Austin, Austin MA?

I think the pq is the same between a 1.3 and a 1.4a the only reason I bought an Audio quest 1.4a is because if i would have went with a 1.3 in the back of my mind I would have always been wondering what I would have gotten with a 1.4a, and that would have bugged me every time i watched a movie.
Always do what makes for a better story.

Samsung UN55C9000, Samsung UN55C7000WF, Samsung UN46C6300SF, Samsung BD-C6900XAA, Samsung HW-C560S, PS3
Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #104
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin_69 View Post
I think the pq is the same between a 1.3 and a 1.4a the only reason I bought an Audio quest 1.4a is because if i would have went with a 1.3 in the back of my mind I would have always been wondering what I would have gotten with a 1.4a, and that would have bugged me every time i watched a movie.
I found 1.3 caused extra ghosting, but the difference between 1.4 and 1.3a was non-existent.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 01-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #105
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Not all 3D Blu-ray players are created equal, says Panasonic – ours are better

...A different depth of colour
Panasonic’s DMP-BDT300 and DMP-BDT100 players both employ a radically different approach to picture processing than conventional Blu-ray decks. They utilise the PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus chroma upconversion technology devised by Itani-san, and originally designed to extract more detail from 2D Blu-ray discs.

Full article at:
http://3dradar.techradar.com/3d-tech...ter-27-01-2011
Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #106
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

I've checked the manual and didn't see any reference to basic speaker distance and volume calibration: inputting the distance between your listening position and each speaker; and using pink noise generated by either the player or a test disc and an SPL meter to match levels amongst all speakers. This is important for folks using the analog multichannel outputs.

Can you perform this kind of calibration on these players?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #107
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

You can set the delay in milliseconds and adjust the output level on the 300 and 350.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #108
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
I found 1.3 caused extra ghosting, but the difference between 1.4 and 1.3a was non-existent.
I had a 1.3 cable the did not work (only a black screen). 1.3a works fine.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #109
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
You can set the delay in milliseconds and adjust the output level on the 300 and 350.
Thanks. Usually delay is calculated electronically/automatically by the calibrated device as a function of setting speaker distance. Is there no distance input, only direct setting of the delay? Is this discussed in the manual (specifically the formula for converting distance to how many milliseconds of delay to input) and I just missed it?

Does the player generate pink noise so you can set the output levels? Or does it permit you to play a test disc pink noise track while in the menus? My old Pio 563A doesn't generate pink noise and it doesn't allow you to play a disc while the settings menus are open. So I don't think it's possible to do a proper calibration . . .?
Old 02-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #110
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Thanks. Usually delay is calculated electronically/automatically by the calibrated device as a function of setting speaker distance. Is there no distance input, only direct setting of the delay? Is this discussed in the manual (specifically the formula for converting distance to how many milliseconds of delay to input) and I just missed it?

Does the player generate pink noise so you can set the output levels? Or does it permit you to play a test disc pink noise track while in the menus? My old Pio 563A doesn't generate pink noise and it doesn't allow you to play a disc while the settings menus are open. So I don't think it's possible to do a proper calibration . . .?
I don't believe it is discussed in the manual. The player generates pink noise.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #111
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
I don't believe it is discussed in the manual. The player generates pink noise.
Thanks.

A little odd/disappointing that this wouldn't be covered in the manual. I can't remember if my BD55 generated pink noise and/or was fully calibratable in terms of both setting speaker distance and level. Was/is it?

Reason I ask is because, if it was/is, I imagine the interface likely looks the same for the 300/350. I'm looking to finally get a 350 soon after hemming and hawing for months over getting a new (HDMI 1.4) receiver versus sticking to my analog 7.1 connectivity guns.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #112
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
My old Pio 563A doesn't generate pink noise and it doesn't allow you to play a disc while the settings menus are open.
FWIW I later discovered that the Pio does indeed generate pink noise.

Recently purchased a new BDT350. Really disappointed in how poor the manual's section on proper use of the analog multichannel outs is. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to calibrating it soon and watching many of the discs I purchased last Black Friday Week (four months ago!) but have been holding off on spinning until I got my lossless groove back. That distant rumble you might hear is the Apollo 13 launch.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #113

Jun 2010
Cincinnati

Quote:
FWIW I later discovered that the Pio does indeed generate pink noise.

Recently purchased a new BDT350. Really disappointed in how poor the manual's section on proper use of the analog multichannel outs is. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to calibrating it soon and watching many of the discs I purchased last Black Friday Week (four months ago!) but have been holding off on spinning until I got my lossless groove back. That distant rumble you might hear is the Apollo 13 launch.
OK, I have to ask. I see the term lossless audio thrown around a lot. What exaclty is it? I have a Pany BDT-110 and an Onkyo TXNR-808 receiver. Just want to make sure I am not supposed to go into one of these and have some setting activated in an audio section that I am not aware of yet.

Thanks
TV - Panasonic 65VT25, Receiver - Onkyo TX-NR809
BluRay - Panasonic BDT120

Fronts - Axiom M60's, Center - Axiom VP-180,Rears - Axiom QS8's, Ceiling - Axiom M3 Ceiling Speakers
Subs - Dual SVS PC13-Ultra's

My Little Home Theater - http://forum.blu-ray.com/album.php?albumid=1165
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #114
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Lossless (versus lossy) and the high resolution audio codecs found on BD are their own delicious subjects, deserving their own discussion. And they have been discussed almost as much as the Zapruder film elsewhere if you just Google around.

Although I haven't re-read it since, I remember the terrific Josh Zyber's column on this topic being excellent when I read it back in 2007.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #115
Special Member

May 2007
Dublin

hi guys, anyone else find their bdt300 a but noisey playing discs? the fan seems to kick in on mine a fair bit.. it usually settles down after a while into a movie.. noticed it with aliens last night.. i guess there;s a lot of java stuff to load with this disc so probably puts the player under a bit more pressure.. i have quick start on.. maybe that makes a difference to?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #116

May 2011
DFW

"I'm looking for either a 300 or 350 used model in mint condition.
PM me."

Found one off eBay.
a poor 2channel guy...only bombarded by 7.3

Last edited by audiopho; 06-05-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #117

Aug 2011

If you put a SD card in it then will resume play from the last time you watched a movie or start again. It worked on mine with The A-Team and thats a few weeks unplugged.

Last edited by mixsetup; 08-11-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #118
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsetup View Post
If you put a SD card in it then will resume play from the last time you watched a movie or start again. It worked on mine with The A-Team and thats a few weeks unplugged.
Did you post to the thread you intended to?

Coincidentally/FWIW, I recently encountered another disc (CBS Films' / Sony Pictures' Beastly; Alex Pettyfer) that wouldn't even access the BD-Live portal without an SD card in place, even with a 4GB USB drive in either the front or back port. I would've preferred a more, um, "intelligent design" for the player that can use either media. It's a trait that dates the player IMO as I don't think most players are designed this way now (?).

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 08-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #119

Dec 2007
Princeton West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to lghaze42

I got my 310 last weekend and still have'nt figured out what is wrong with the HDMI selecting surround sound.I put in a BD,the receiver (Panasonic SA-BX500) switches to BD input but I only have stereo sound,I half to maually swith to another input on the receiver then back to Bd input to get the surround to engage.I called Panasonic and they can't figure out what is wrong either.The only other complaint I have is the youtube search engine.You can't find all the videos you can on the regular internet youtube and the playlist and favorites is useless because it won't let you view what you added from your account.other than that I love the player.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #120
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Europe, Portugal Blu-ray SteelBook™: 514 3D_Blu-ray: 100

Speaker calibration... Isn't it performed in the amplifier?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players