Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$52.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Autómata (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Bram Stoker's Dracula / Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gattaca (Blu-ray)
$4.96
Malcolm X (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The World Wars (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts w/ Blu-ray Exclusive Figure (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Attenborough's Life Stories (Blu-ray)
$4.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #361
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
Cool

Crap..sorry about that. For some reason I thought when I saw this the other day that The Driver was on there.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #362
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Less than 500 copies remain.https://www.facebook.com/twilighttim...42202382465096
Old 03-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #363

Jan 2014

Can anybody confirm the region coding on either the German or Australian editions of this movie? (I assume the German version is B locked, because it's done by the same company that released the UK version. The Australian version however is done by Universal, so I think that one might have a good chance of being region free.)
Old 03-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #364
Special Member

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region_unlocked View Post
Can anybody confirm the region coding on either the German or Australian editions of this movie? (I assume the German version is B locked, because it's done by the same company that released the UK version. The Australian version however is done by Universal, so I think that one might have a good chance of being region free.)
I can't provide a definitive answer, but since it's a Studio Canal title I think it's safe to assume it's the exact same disc across these territories. They both would be B locked in this instance. From what I remember the UK disc has a prompt to change the menu to different language as well which would back up this assumption.

edit: according to JB Hi-Fi the aussie disc is B locked. It would be interesting if Universal actually did press their own discs for this and if there were differences between them but it seems they've just changed the cover art.

Last edited by kuro_sawa; 03-21-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #365

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro_sawa View Post
I can't provide a definitive answer, but since it's a Studio Canal title I think it's safe to assume it's the exact same disc across these territories. They both would be B locked in this instance. From what I remember the UK disc has a prompt to change the menu to different language as well which would back up this assumption.

edit: according to JB Hi-Fi the aussie disc is B locked. It would be interesting if Universal actually did press their own discs for this and if there were differences between them but it seems they've just changed the cover art.
It seems Studio Canal both authored and distributed "The Driver" in the UK and Germany. It also looks like Studio Canal provided their transfer for the Australian version but Universal distributed it. It could be possible that Universal didn't lock their disc cause it's typically not their MO to do that kind of thing.

edit: It's not a fantastic sign that JB Hi-Fi has it listed as B, but the region coding could be listed wrong. Ex: they have "Quiz Show" listed as B as well and I know that disc is region free.

Last edited by Region_unlocked; 03-21-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #366
Special Member

Mar 2013

Quote:
It seems Studio Canal both authored and distributed "The Driver" in the UK and Germany. It also looks like Studio Canal provided their transfer for the Australian version but Universal distributed it. It could be possible that Universal didn't lock their disc cause it's typically not their MO to do that kind of thing.

edit: It's not a fantastic sign that JB Hi-Fi has it listed as B, but the region coding could be listed wrong. Ex: they have "Quiz Show" listed as B as well and I know that disc is region free.
I can't find any more info or a scan of the back cover for you, so I don't know what else you could do other than order it. Considering your username, I'd say go for the UK release anyway it's fantastic.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #367

Jan 2014

I just went through all of Universal's Australian catalog checking region coding. There are 6 known B locked titles, all of which are joint ventures with Studio Canal. I'm still waiting on a PM from a user who owns the Australian edition for a definitive answer, but this news isn't great for the chances of a region free disc.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #368
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
I just went through all of Universal's Australian catalog checking region coding. There are 6 known B locked titles, all of which are joint ventures with Studio Canal. I'm still waiting on a PM from a user who owns the Australian edition for a definitive answer, but this news isn't great for the chances of a region free disc.
They have Convoy listed as Region B but I can confirm that it's region free (that's another Universal-Studio Canal release).
My blu-ray wishlist Top 10: 1) The Day Of The Jackal 2) The Road To Wellville 3) The Pink Panther Series 4) The original Sleuth 5) True Lies 6) Danger Diabolik 7) Fletch Lives 8) The Parallax View 9) Popeye 10) Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Thanks given by:
Region_unlocked (03-22-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 PM   #369

Jan 2014
Australia

I can confirm using first hand knowledge that the Australian JB Hi-Fi Exclusive edition of "The Driver" will play on an A locked BD player.
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #370
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
I can confirm using first hand knowledge that the Australian JB Hi-Fi Exclusive edition of "The Driver" will play on an A locked BD player.
Good to know. Are you able to also confirm that this is the slightly longer version of the film that was also released in the UK? I already have the Twilight Time release but I'm planning to get this eventually as a back-up, and if it's the longer version that'll be more of an enticement for me.
My blu-ray wishlist Top 10: 1) The Day Of The Jackal 2) The Road To Wellville 3) The Pink Panther Series 4) The original Sleuth 5) True Lies 6) Danger Diabolik 7) Fletch Lives 8) The Parallax View 9) Popeye 10) Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Old 04-22-2015, 12:29 AM   #371

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
Are you able to also confirm that this is the slightly longer version of the film that was also released in the UK?
I also have it and it is. Australia got the same UK Studio Canal release, albeit a hell of a lot cheaper.
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 12:45 AM   #372

Jan 2015
Wolcott, CT

Great film, possibly my favorite blind buy
Old 04-22-2015, 01:21 AM   #373

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
Good to know. Are you able to also confirm that this is the slightly longer version of the film that was also released in the UK? I already have the Twilight Time release but I'm planning to get this eventually as a back-up, and if it's the longer version that'll be more of an enticement for me.
Yup. Checked the runtime, it's 91 min.
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #374
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

THE DRIVER - fewer than 100 copies remaining

https://www.facebook.com/twilighttim...74670532551613

Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #375

Oct 2014

[QUOTE=Akijama;10718896]THE DRIVER - fewer than 100 copies remaining

https://www.facebook.com/twilighttim...74670532551613

Weird timing -- I just happened to order mine last night.
"To the movies, to good movies, to every possible kind." -- Orson Welles, 1975
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America