Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.00
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
It's a Wonderful Life (Blu-ray)
$12.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #61

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
Wow, it was just an opinion. Which he and everyone is entitled to....
Yes, it's an opinion. An uninformed, presumptuous opinion which he deserves to be criticized for. If he doesn't like the criticism, he shouldn't have asked for it by sharing the opinion in public.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #62
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
Theoretically yes, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, 20th Century Fox has the rights to both the movies and have shown no interest in releasing them on Blu. Hell, if I remember right, the first one never even got an anamorphic DVD.
Ohh, gotcha... The rights... always those rights...

But, don't they "expire" or something? I mean, one of the obvious examples is that if Sony Pictures wouldn't make a Spider-Man movie for a certain time the rights would go back to Marvel Studios. And I know that's a case of Marvel originally owning Spider-Man and it just happens that Sony still has the rights. But how is that with "Power Rangers"? I mean, Fox hasn't released anything "Power Rangers" since that movie or maybe "Turbo" (if that was also by Fox) have they? So, how can they retain the rights if for the rest they don't have anything to do with "Power Rangers" and it's created by Saban and such? Is it like there's "Power Rangers" MOVIE-rights next to the regular series and connected merchandise and stuff? They don't do anything with it, so it seems to be that they wouldn't have had the rights for years now anymore. I also don't get why they don't just let it go, or sell it, if they're not interested anymore. Besides, it not like this movie is very vital in terms of income.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 07-28-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #63

Mar 2011

I love Power Rangers and just bought this set as part of Amazon.com's lightning deal at $19.99. I have a question though. It only had 20 out of the 23 episodes. It's missing the movie (episode 6) "Clash of the Red Rangers: The Movie" (released on DVD), episode 12 "Trickster Treat" and episode 18 "Stuck on Christmas."

Does anyone know why these are missing and if they're planning on releasing them on Blu-Ray?

The episode "Stuck on Christmas" is being released on DVD October 8th with 2 other Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Christmas episodes:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-...+super+samurai

I'm not sure if they're planning on releasing Trickster Treat in any format.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #64

Aug 2010
Houston, TX

Clash, Trickster, & Stuck aren't considered episodes of the season. They're "specials", which means they're excluded from the season box set. They're not episode numbered like you have them listed in your post. So, if you want them, you'll have to buy the separate DVDs. Obnoxious, but that's how Saban (and Lionsgate) sees them.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #65

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnrez View Post
Clash, Trickster, & Stuck aren't considered episodes of the season. They're "specials", which means they're excluded from the season box set. They're not episode numbered like you have them listed in your post. So, if you want them, you'll have to buy the separate DVDs. Obnoxious, but that's how Saban (and Lionsgate) sees them.
Oh, I didn't know that. That sucks. I thought they were regular episodes. I haven't watched many of the newer Ranger series yet...I got the episode numbers from a guide/summary site and was all "wait a minute"! lol

Well, I did buy the Clash of the Red Rangers DVD. Blows I have to pick up more DVDs. Grrr.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
I love Power Rangers and just bought this set as part of Amazon.com's lightning deal at $19.99. I have a question though. It only had 20 out of the 23 episodes. It's missing the movie (episode 6) "Clash of the Red Rangers: The Movie" (released on DVD), episode 12 "Trickster Treat" and episode 18 "Stuck on Christmas."

Does anyone know why these are missing and if they're planning on releasing them on Blu-Ray?

The episode "Stuck on Christmas" is being released on DVD October 8th with 2 other Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Christmas episodes:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-...+super+samurai

I'm not sure if they're planning on releasing Trickster Treat in any format.
Go to TimeLife.com and get the 20 Year Anni set!
It has EVERY Episode!
It costs $650.oo but it comes with 98 DVD's, 6 disks of Bonus Features, a book and a MMPR Red Helmet/Case!
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
WiiU NNID: Kaine_Morrison
XboX Live GamerTag: KaineKinetic
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
Old 11-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #67

Mar 2010
Send a message via AIM to SynGamer Send a message via MSN to SynGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
This is so incredibly wrong that I have to bump the thread just to call attention to its wrongness. Saying that the original of anything is always best is simply turning a blind eye to the instances where it isn't. The Empire Strikes Back? Better than A New Hope. Banjo-Tooie? Better than Banjo-Kazooie. The Lord of the Rings? Better than The Hobbit. The play The Phantom of the Opera? Better than the book The Phantom of the Opera. I think I've made my point.
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I completely agree with MasturB that the original was the best. That's what I grew up with and those are the characters and stories that I liked most. Deal with it Don't like my OPINION? Too bad

The only point you made was that you're a right prick who clearly thinks his "opinion" is better than others, which is far from the case

Last edited by SynGamer; 11-25-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #68
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

This will be an Amazon Black Friday deal at 6:20am Pacific Time on November 28th, FYI. Price has not been revealed yet but I could imagine it being $10-$15.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #69

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynGamer View Post
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I completely agree with MasturB that the original was the best. That's what I grew up with and those are the characters and stories that I liked most. Deal with it Don't like my OPINION? Too bad

The only point you made was that you're a right prick who clearly thinks his "opinion" is better than others, which is far from the case
So you like the stories that aired when you were growing up? I notice that something is rather conspicuously missing from that criterion, namely any measure of quality. In your first paragraph, you have unwittingly exhibited total closed-mindedness to anything from the past 15 years of the series. You have indirectly said that even if every aspect of the product is improved, the original still wins, by virtue of the fact that it just happened to coincide with your childhood. Doesn't that strike you as even a little bit unreasonable?

And of course I think my opinion is better than others'. You do, too. That's what makes it your opinion, and not theirs. Or do you often find yourself disagreeing with your own thoughts? I imagine that would be rather confusing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America