Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Chappie (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Burnt Offerings (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Miracle Mile (Blu-ray)
$13.49
The Satan Bug (Blu-ray)
$11.49
The Oblong Box (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Truck Turner (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Black Sabbath (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Prime Cut (Blu-ray)
$13.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #41

Oct 2008
Fishers, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhage01 View Post
Terrible thread title. I forget it's not actually news until someone bumps it a year later and then I get all excited again for no reason maybe it's time to go the UK route.
I've had the UK set for a few years. The PQ/AQ is very good and the discs are region free. Since all 4 seasons can be had for $30-40, there's not much reason to wait unless you simply cannot handle the UK rating logos. If the US set is ever released, I doubt you would be able to get it any cheaper.

If you really want the series, then I can't think of a reason not to get the UK set.
Thanks given by:
bkhage01 (Yesterday)
Old 01-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullclipfink View Post
I've had the UK set for a few years. The PQ/AQ is very good and the discs are region free. Since all 4 seasons can be had for $30-40, there's not much reason to wait unless you simply cannot handle the UK rating logos. If the US set is ever released, I doubt you would be able to get it any cheaper.

If you really want the series, then I can't think of a reason not to get the UK set.
I've also had them for years, and I highly doubt the series will be revisited for BD the US.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #43

Nov 2011
Montréal
-
-

Hello,

Anyone know if the UK version is cut? I would like to buy the new edition on blu-ray. However I have seen differences about the total time between UK and North America, in Amazon.co.uk the total run time is 1893 minutes and in the US the total run time is 2044 minutes.

Thank you
Old 01-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #44

Oct 2008
Fishers, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardo View Post
Hello,

Anyone know if the UK version is cut? I would like to buy the new edition on blu-ray. However I have seen differences about the total time between UK and North America, in Amazon.co.uk the total run time is 1893 minutes and in the US the total run time is 2044 minutes.

Thank you
The individual seasons released previously in the UK were uncut, so I'd be surprised if the boxset was cut. I would not put too much stock in the runtimes on Amazon.uk.
Thanks given by:
Cardo (01-09-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #45

Nov 2011
Montréal
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullclipfink View Post
The individual seasons released previously in the UK were uncut, so I'd be surprised if the boxset was cut. I would not put too much stock in the runtimes on Amazon.uk.
Thank you !!!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #46

Dec 2010
Sudbury, Ontario

I received the complete series set from the UK today. I took a few fast pictures for anyone interested.

[Show spoiler]

The bonus disc is in a thin cardboard sleeve and it includes the following:

Hirst's Castle: The man behind the Tudors. Creator and writer Michael Hirst shares how he created this epic series and his inspiration for the emotional conclusion.

Reviving History: The creators, cast, and crew share the secrets of making history jump to life in a way that modern audiences can relate to.

Royal Manners: Using the book of royal manners, learn the intricate rules that people followed when in the presence of Henry VIII in order to keep their heads.

Henry's Wives Club: Retha Warnicke uncovers the theories behind Anne Boleyn's execution and explains how each wife changed the course of history.

History of the Tudor Rose: Learn the fascinating history behind the creation of this legendary symbol of unity, allegiance, and respect.

Medieval Arms: Swords, daggers, cannons and more! Jeffrey Hedgecook of Historic Enterprise details the design of these amazing weapons and their surprising uses.

Bloopers: Your backstage pass to all the behind-the-scenes fun as the cast makes hilarious unscripted gaffs while shooting The Tudors.

Deleted Scenes: Accepting the King's Pardon, A Letter from Prince Edward, The Investigation of Queen Catherine Howard... and many more!

Tudors 500th Anniversary Featurettes: British Library, Tower of London, Hampton Court

Interactive Bonus Feature: Tracking The Tudor Dynasty
Thanks given by:
2awesome4apossum (01-08-2015), Cardo (01-09-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #47

Mar 2014
Utah

Damn it. Just finished my collection by importing the last season individually. Thought that the "12 discs" was a listing error they made with the Australian and Italian releases or I would have saved up for it.

... but thank you for the pictures and information.

Guess I'll be scouring eBay for the bonus disc (heck, I'll even buy the DVD version of it at this point). [EDIT] If anyone has a listing for either of these discs, please let me know.

Last edited by 2awesome4apossum; 01-09-2015 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:47 PM   #48

Sep 2012

I've been waiting for the blu-ray box set for a while now and was getting ready to place my order through Amazon UK until I read the only review that has been posted thus far. Sounds as if the Video and Audio are sub par ...

Can any of you that own this set comment on it's quality?

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC View Post
I've been waiting for the blu-ray box set for a while now and was getting ready to place my order through Amazon UK until I read the only review that has been posted thus far. Sounds as if the Video and Audio are sub par ...

Can any of you that own this set comment on it's quality?

Thanks!
If they're the same discs as the individual seasons, I didn't think the PQ/AQ was subpar at all.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #50

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
If they're the same discs as the individual seasons, I didn't think the PQ/AQ was subpar at all.
I'm hoping the newly released box set mimics the quality that you've experienced. Hopefully someone who owns the new set will chime in shortly. Thanks
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America