Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
8 hrs ago
The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$14.96
2 hrs ago
Inside Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
14 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Bourne Ultimatum (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #1741
Special Member

Oct 2014
San Fransokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
It's the atmosphere more than anything that gets me. Other horror movies I laughed at when I was a kid, but this one scared the shit out of me. You could argue that nothing much even happens in it - heck, it's a bit like Halloween in that it's more about building up those sensations of fear and dread and not so much about the kills themselves. Michael Myers is like a one-man Fog, coming and going as he pleases, melting away into bushes like he was never there.
So much this. That is why I love horror films in this vain infinitely more than the shallow gore-fests. I need to pick this up, but I want to get it with the slip so I'm waiting for the right one. Love the movie. Adrienne Barbeau is quite the lovely lady in this, and with a killer late night radio voice too.
On behalf of the fine people of New York and real rhinos everywhere, I ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air!

Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate your pain?

The wind is rising! . . . We must try to live!
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (10-25-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #1742

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderfan1985 View Post
So much this. That is why I love horror films in this vain infinitely more than the shallow gore-fests. I need to pick this up, but I want to get it with the slip so I'm waiting for the right one. Love the movie. Adrienne Barbeau is quite the lovely lady in this, and with a killer late night radio voice too.
FYI....Mine came from Amazon today, with a slip.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #1743

Jan 2008
Walla Walla, Washington

I ordered my copy from Amazon and it arrived yesterday (Halloween)! How perfect is that. But upon opening the package I noticed that it was resealed in cheap shrink wrap - the kind that you use a heat gun on to seal it up tight. I still opened it though and also discovered remnants of the 'original' factory shrink wrap still stuck to the spine like often happens, and that there was no slip cover. You could also see that when they used a heat gun on it that it warped/ slightly melted the clear plastic on the front of the hard case. I have already processed a replacement with Amazon and will be shipping this one back. What a disappointment. I have my 30 days to get it returned so I may just watch this one before sending it out. The actual disc looks mint so I am not sure why it has been opened.

This blu ray does indeed come with a cardboard slip cover doesn't it? I bought it for my JC collection.

Thanks - Dana
SAMSUNG PN51D550C & LN-T5271F, OPPO BDP-95 & Toshiba HD-A30, PIONEER SC-79 AVR, KRELL Vanguard Integrated Amp w/ Theater Throughput, Clearaudio Concept Turntable w/ Liberty Audio Phono Stage, MartinLogan Theos (Front L/R) & Descent i Sub, PSB C40 Center, Boston Acoustics CR57 Rear/Sides, (2) Earthquake Sound Supernova MKIV-10 Subs, Monster Power HDP 2400, AudioQuest Cables
Old 11-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #1744
Expert Member

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Skins View Post
This blu ray does indeed come with a cardboard slip cover doesn't it? I bought it for my JC collection.

Thanks - Dana
It does indeed.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #1745
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
I still opened it though and also discovered remnants of the 'original' factory shrink wrap still stuck to the spine like often happens, and that there was no slip cover. You could also see that when they used a heat gun on it that it warped/ slightly melted the clear plastic on the front of the hard case.
I hate reseals! Did it have one of those security tabs on the top of the case (with the film title on it)? I think all BDs should have those or proper BD cigar bands so consumers know they're getting a new product.

I had Star Trek: TNG Season Three a few weeks back from Amazon UK and it's shrink-wrapped. I hope that isn't a reseal, other seasons are in Cellophane.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 11-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #1746
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
I ordered my copy from Amazon and it arrived yesterday (Halloween)! How perfect is that. But upon opening the package I noticed that it was resealed in cheap shrink wrap - the kind that you use a heat gun on to seal it up tight. I still opened it though and also discovered remnants of the 'original' factory shrink wrap still stuck to the spine like often happens, and that there was no slip cover. You could also see that when they used a heat gun on it that it warped/ slightly melted the clear plastic on the front of the hard case. I have already processed a replacement with Amazon and will be shipping this one back. What a disappointment. I have my 30 days to get it returned so I may just watch this one before sending it out. The actual disc looks mint so I am not sure why it has been opened.

Thanks - Dana
The one defective Blu-ray I got from Amazon, The Entity, they just sent me a replacement, I didn't need to mail it back. In that case, the audio was screwed up.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #1747

Jan 2008
Walla Walla, Washington

"I hate reseals! Did it have one of those security tabs on the top of the case (with the film title on it)? I think all BDs should have those or proper BD cigar bands so consumers know they're getting a new product."

Nope, it did not have that film titled security tab at the top. That was another giveaway to me. I have also received CD's before from Amazon that weren't even shrink-wrapped! Totally opened but looking brand new.
SAMSUNG PN51D550C & LN-T5271F, OPPO BDP-95 & Toshiba HD-A30, PIONEER SC-79 AVR, KRELL Vanguard Integrated Amp w/ Theater Throughput, Clearaudio Concept Turntable w/ Liberty Audio Phono Stage, MartinLogan Theos (Front L/R) & Descent i Sub, PSB C40 Center, Boston Acoustics CR57 Rear/Sides, (2) Earthquake Sound Supernova MKIV-10 Subs, Monster Power HDP 2400, AudioQuest Cables
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America