Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hellraiser (Blu-ray)
$26.71
It (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Donnie Darko (Blu-ray)
$26.42
Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$15.96
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Hard Core Logo/Hard Core Logo 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$12.99
A Christmas Story (Blu-ray)
$19.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Blu-ray)
$15.97
The Big Lebowski (Blu-ray)
$14.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > Video Game SteelBooks

Old 05-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Montreal, Canada
Default Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Legacy Pro Edition

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-...d/ba-p/9921685

Quote:
Includes:
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  • Season Pass
  • Collectible Steelbook
  • Official game soundtrack and additional digital items
Old 05-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Pueblo, CO

Really? $120 for the steelbook version. Bloody hell Infinity Ward. Maybe I'll look it up on ebay after release and hope to find a decent price on just the steel.
One is the All, and by it, the All, and in it, the All, and if it does not contain the All, then it is Nothing.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #3

Jan 2011
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscythe85 View Post
Really? $120 for the steelbook version. Bloody hell Infinity Ward. Maybe I'll look it up on ebay after release and hope to find a decent price on just the steel.
Yeah, $120 is silly, but you could sell off the season pass to get some money back. I've been able to sell off season pass codes from bundled editions like this for the normal price of the season pass or a dollar less. Also if you don't want Modern Warfare Remastered you might be able to sell that, too.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
Banned

Dec 2013

Quote:
it has 2 games and a season pass
Old 05-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Pueblo, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavecandygetnthevan View Post
it has 2 games and a season pass
One is a re-mastered game from a decade ago, which while nice, I don't see as a necessity. It's more a desperate ploy to try to sell more copies considering COD isn't the top dog anymore. As for the season pass, obvious inclusion but I haven't bought a season pass except for Ghosts. And honestly it's more about the fact that the steelbook is only available with this Pro Edition. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it came with Legacy version since it's price is more what I would be willing to pay for it.
One is the All, and by it, the All, and in it, the All, and if it does not contain the All, then it is Nothing.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
Banned

Dec 2013

Quote:
One is a re-mastered game from a decade ago, which while nice, I don't see as a necessity. It's more a desperate ploy to try to sell more copies considering COD isn't the top dog anymore. As for the season pass, obvious inclusion but I haven't bought a season pass except for Ghosts. And honestly it's more about the fact that the steelbook is only available with this Pro Edition. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it came with Legacy version since it's price is more what I would be willing to pay for it.

Not top dog anymore ?

COD still is the highest selling game every year

Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Pueblo, CO

Sales have been dropping with each release. Every store that takes game trade-ins I go to has bunches of Black Ops 3 and Advance Warfare from people trading them in so quickly. They want people to stick with the game, and it's not happening like it once was. It might be one of the highest selling games of each year, but I'd be willing to bet that it's also one of the most traded-in/resold games as well.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Pueblo, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulMJC View Post
Whether a game sells like it once did or not if it IS the BEST selling game every year then it IS " top dog" as far as I am concerned. I see what you are trying to get at though.

A big problem is people on forums, not so much here but on more game focused forums that completely b***h about the game EVERY year for the last five years in a row and say it's terrible and that they are done with the franchise but still go out and buy the new one the next year. I personally know a guy just like this, COD is the worst blah blah blah...I'm done. Only to purchase the next game on day f***n' one! I'd put $100 cash down as a bet I see him online on Infinite Warfare on November 4th this year. It's a lock! Not only is it a lock that he'll get it, it's a lock that a couple days in it'll be a total b***hfest about how bad the game is and that he's once again done with these games. Come November 2017 he'll be online day one once again on the next COD. It NEVER fails!!!
I don't have a problem with COD coming out every year. I've played every single COD released on consoles and have enjoyed the campaigns, in spite of the silliness that tends to seep into the storytelling. I'll dabble in the MP but it's not really my bag so don't play much. I'll buy and play Infinite Warfare, but don't plan on holding onto it for long if i don't have a steelbook for it.

I really just wish companies would either put the steelbooks with the regular release (such as Just Cause 3 did last year) or as like pre-order bonuses (as with Quantum Break) instead of always putting them in the most expensive edition.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:42 AM   #9

Dec 2009

GS Exclusive

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/gam...amestop/130470
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > Video Game SteelBooks