Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
$64.10
Becker: The Complete Series (DVD)
$30.41
Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete Series (DVD)
$58.16
Hawaii Five-0: The Seventh Season (DVD)
$37.30
The Rockford Files: The Complete Series (DVD)
$28.61
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Granada Television Series (DVD)
$49.99
Gifted (DVD)
$14.99
NCIS: The Fourteenth Season (DVD)
$33.45
The Circle (DVD)
$14.99
Dexter: The Complete Series (DVD)
$36.90
Have Gun - Will Travel: The Complete Series (DVD)
$45.15
Wilson (DVD)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 10-16-2016, 05:59 AM   #61

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnShadow View Post
Unboxing video for the Australian release of Jimmy Neutron : Season One. It's actually rather nice
Jimmy Neutron: Season One - DVD Unboxing - YouTube

I think there's a new version with different artwork now available at JB Hi-Fi too
Unfortunately, judging by the episode listing inside that set, the season isn't complete. When Pants Attack, Party at Neutron's and The Egg-Pire Strikes Back aren't included at all, with Party's partner episode Ultra Sheen being included by itself. To be fair, Nicktoons has still aired all of those episodes recently and I have them on my DVR, but in principle, it's still not right.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:06 PM   #62
Special Member

Oct 2013
London, England

Great News for R&S fans in the UK and Europe

Looks like we are finally getting Seasons 1-3 and a half-ish uncut(hopefully for real this time) on DVD for the 25th Anniversary of the series

Official Website:
https://renandstimpy25.com/98/dvd-boxset/

Amazon UK link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ren-Stimpy-Show-Anniversary-Collection/dp/B01N74ZE2C/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1481414310&sr=1-1&keywords=ren+and+stimpy
Thanks given by:
ghornett (12-11-2016), Wezzo (12-13-2016)
Old 02-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #63

Aug 2014
Orlando

Any word on why some of the Rugrats seasons are "currently unavailable"?
1 & 2 are like 5$ right now.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #64
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

I wonder if Amazon pressed seasons 1 and 2 given how low the sale price is. They've done that in the past for other shows on sale.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #65

Aug 2014
Orlando

They are all Amazon MOD.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #66
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghornett View Post
They are all Amazon MOD.
I understand that. What I'm saying is that Amazon chooses to press a batch of its MOD titles from time to time, usually linked to sales/discounts. The listing does not look any different, but what you receive, while stock is available, is a set with "MADE IN MEXICO" printed on the shrinkwrap and real pressed DVD-ROM discs. After the stock of the pressed discs runs out, it silently switches back to burnt-on-demand DVD-R. This has happened for many Fox MOD sets, and at least one Comedy Central and one Nickelodeon set that I am aware of.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #67

Aug 2014
Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_reloaded View Post
I understand that. What I'm saying is that Amazon chooses to press a batch of its MOD titles from time to time, usually linked to sales/discounts. The listing does not look any different, but what you receive, while stock is available, is a set with "MADE IN MEXICO" printed on the shrinkwrap and real pressed DVD-ROM discs. After the stock of the pressed discs runs out, it silently switches back to burnt-on-demand DVD-R. This has happened for many Fox MOD sets, and at least one Comedy Central and one Nickelodeon set that I am aware of.
Huh. Very interesting. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #68
Special Member

Aug 2010

It's crazy seeing the prices so low for these.

I remember when Amazon first started doing the Made on Demand DVDs for these shows, they were expensive (especially considering what they are). I don't even want to think about how much I spent to get the entirety of Hey Arnold! on DVD from them, as well as all of Doug (and at first, season 4 of that was missing two episodes), and the first three seasons of Rugrats (and back then, it was only the first half of season 2).

It sucked at the time, but looking back I'm glad that they only did "Best of" sets for Rocko because that saved me money because I refused to buy them lol. Similarly with AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, I only bought the first season because I didn't like that they didn't have the individual openings (since they were all different with what the Gromble yells).

It's just crazy that you can buy the entire series of Hey Arnold! now for less than what one season cost back in the day.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:10 AM   #69
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

Quote:
Why wouldn't they just switch over instead of going out of stock then? I'm curious if their deal with Nickelodeon is about up.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #70
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
Why wouldn't they just switch over instead of going out of stock then? I'm curious if their deal with Nickelodeon is about up.
I don't know what's going on with Seasons 3, 4, etc. That does not fit the pattern of what I've seen in the past re: pressed discs.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #71
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012

Quote:
I don't know what's going on with Seasons 3, 4, etc. That does not fit the pattern of what I've seen in the past re: pressed discs.
I noticed that season 1 is now out of stock. This is rather odd.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:13 PM   #72
Expert Member

Mar 2016
Don't worry about it.

Why are select Rugrats seasons not available on amazon? Does this happen often?
Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes. -Arthur Herk
Old 02-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #73
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

That is pretty weird. Not sure how a 'made on demand' season goes out of stock when it's made to order when you purchase it. I've been casually watching the show again on Hulu and would probably pick the individual seasons up for the current price of season 2. But it looks pretty erratic trying to secure them all.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:08 AM   #74
Expert Member

Mar 2016
Don't worry about it.

I'm really interested in getting season 3. I have the first 2 seasons. But the first 3 seasons are the best. That's when Angelica was the meanest. Before they completely revamped the show in season 4, and made Angelica nicer.
Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes. -Arthur Herk
Old 02-19-2017, 02:14 AM   #75
Special Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by headphones View Post
I'm really interested in getting season 3. I have the first 2 seasons. But the first 3 seasons are the best. That's when Angelica was the meanest. Before they completely revamped the show in season 4, and made Angelica nicer.
These have been available for quite some time, what were you waiting for? lol unless you just didn't know they were available.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:15 AM   #76
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Maybe Shout or someone finally got the license, and thus Amazon is forced to stop selling their MOD version? That would be ideal.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:46 AM   #77
Expert Member

Mar 2016
Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Maybe Shout or someone finally got the license, and thus Amazon is forced to stop selling their MOD version? That would be ideal.
I contacted Shout Factory, and they told me that they don't have the right for Rugrats, and had no plans of releasing anymore Nickelodeon DVD's anytime in the near future.Which is a damn shame. Bc they were the only ones who cared. Even Nick doesn't care about thier old shows. They only care about Spongebob and Dora, since that's where the money is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
These have been available for quite some time, what were you waiting for? lol unless you just didn't know they were available.
I was waiting for a number of things.
  • I was the price to come down. They were asking $35 a season when they were first released. For DVD-R? That's highway robbery.
  • The show was viewable on Netflix during that time, and I had a free Netflix subscription at the time. So why pay for something I can get for free?
  • Then the show became viewable for free on Amazon Prime. And I already had an amazon Prime subscription, so why pay for something I can get for free.
  • They were airing the show regularly on Nickelodeon. So I could watch it on TV.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #78
Special Member

Aug 2010

Well it looks like Rugrats seasons 1 and 2 are getting a more wide release!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rug...Season-2/23077

I hope season 3 is soon to follow and that their own version of a Doug complete series will too.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (03-01-2017), Colorado Rockie (03-01-2017), dcfan88 (03-01-2017), ghornett (03-02-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #79
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Well it looks like Rugrats seasons 1 and 2 are getting a more wide release!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rug...Season-2/23077

I hope season 3 is soon to follow and that their own version of a Doug complete series will too.
Sounds like I was right.

In other news, I ordered seasons 1 and 2 from Amazon when they were $5 and both were, in fact, regular pressed DVD-ROMs, not MOD DVD-Rs. Though that is less exciting given the news of a real retail release.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #80
Special Member

Nov 2011
Minnesota

And I finally decided to get the on Demand DVDs too... I got Set 1 back in December and Set 2 early this month... Blah, would rather have an actual pressed release...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies