Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
La La Land 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Silence (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Manchester by the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Logan (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Himouto! Umaru-chan: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$103.49
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Lone Survivor 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #25701
Power Member

Apr 2016
brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Native New Yorker and now former NYer. Emerging from the Subway in my old neighborhood in Brooklyn now feels like I'm in Paris or some European country with outdoor cafes and wine bars on every block. WINE BARS?!? But this isn't even why I moved out. The city is giving away every available parcel of land to developers to build luxury housing, which is giving landlords of existing buildings an excuse to jack up rents to proportions only the wealthy can afford. Every other person you encounter on a Brooklyn street is either a Midwest transplant or a Euro tourist. It's definitely not the Brooklyn I grew up with.
the last time i went to Williamsburg, i felt like Bedford avenue had descended into self parody. i'm removed from it all in my part of Brooklyn, but it's spreading everywhere.
Thanks given by:
jshaide (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #25702
Special Member

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
the last time i went to Williamsburg, i felt like Bedford avenue had descended into self parody. i'm removed from it all in my part of Brooklyn, but it's spreading everywhere.
Williamsburg does have nitehawk cinema though which is pretty amazing and plays a lot of Code Red/Arrow type of titles.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #25703

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by frakking toaster View Post
Williamsburg does have nitehawk cinema though which is pretty amazing and plays a lot of Code Red/Arrow type of titles.
Oddly enough, I've never made it out to Nitehawk. I've heard mixed things. I have to go one of these days, but I'm spoiled living just a few stops away from the Drafthouse.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #25704
Special Member

Jul 2014
Maryland

I haven't been able to find this thread, looks like it was stickied. I thought it was locked or there just wasn't anything going on with Code Red lately. But it's been stickied so I have to look for it at the top of the page now. Bill's made it mainstream!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #25705

Jan 2017

I got the Night Child and Brotherhood of Death yesterday and as I was opening the cello from the night child I thought to myself "hm this cellophane is thicker than usual" and I proceeded to rip the back of the plastic that holds the cover art together. I'm not that bright sometimes
Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (02-18-2017), Fdup Flix (02-18-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #25706
Special Member

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
Oddly enough, I've never made it out to Nitehawk. I've heard mixed things. I have to go one of these days, but I'm spoiled living just a few stops away from the Drafthouse.
I love Nitehawk. Any movie theater that I can drink a beer and eat a burger while watching Cannibal Holocaust and Messiah of Evil is alright by me. And there popcorn is literallly the best I've ever had.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #25707

Jul 2016

Quote:
I love Nitehawk. Any movie theater that I can drink a beer and eat a burger while watching Cannibal Holocaust and Messiah of Evil is alright by me. And there popcorn is literallly the best I've ever had.
Yeah, my friend raves about the popcorn. Honestly, the whole food and movies thing is sort of a mixed bag to me. I mean, I like it (what's not to like), but sometimes it's just too much and kind of a distraction.

Did they actually show a print of Messiah Of Evil? I saw a print once and it was badly faded. I will not tolerate somebody projecting a blu-ray or dvd and charging me. That's bullshit, I'd rather watch it at home.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #25708

Feb 2014

Quote:
He looks like Nero in Blastfighter! No coincidence why the Italians cast him. The mustache really brings out the Nero in him.
Haha, watching with a buddy of mine, he dubbed Sopkiw "Fake-o Nero."
Thanks given by:
Boggle (02-17-2017), painiac (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #25709

Aug 2015
California

Plan on picking up the latest batch once Delirium and Beyond the Door drop.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #25710
Special Member

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Yeah, my friend raves about the popcorn. Honestly, the whole food and movies thing is sort of a mixed bag to me. I mean, I like it (what's not to like), but sometimes it's just too much and kind of a distraction.

Did they actually show a print of Messiah Of Evil? I saw a print once and it was badly faded. I will not tolerate somebody projecting a blu-ray or dvd and charging me. That's bullshit, I'd rather watch it at home.
Yeah last year but sadly I didn't get to go. I did see Zombi 2, Suspiria and Four Flies in Grey Velvet there though.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #25711
Power Member

Apr 2016
brooklyn

I got to Nitehawk more than any other theater - the popcorn is great and the beer selection is pretty good. I've also been shushed during the opening credits of almost every midnight showing i've been to there.
Thanks given by:
frakking toaster (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #25712

Jul 2016

Quote:
Yeah last year but sadly I didn't get to go. I did see Zombi 2, Suspiria and Four Flies in Grey Velvet there though.
All prints?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #25713
Special Member

Jul 2014
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xanderdelag View Post
I got the Night Child and Brotherhood of Death yesterday and as I was opening the cello from the night child I thought to myself "hm this cellophane is thicker than usual" and I proceeded to rip the back of the plastic that holds the cover art together. I'm not that bright sometimes
Old 02-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #25714
Special Member

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
All prints?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
I got to Nitehawk more than any other theater - the popcorn is great and the beer selection is pretty good. I've also been shushed during the opening credits of almost every midnight showing i've been to there.
Sorry that was probably me.
I like going there cause the people there actually care about watching movies. Not annoying teenagers screaming every time there's a jump scare.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #25715

Jul 2016

If you talk during Horror-thon or Ex-Fest you'll get your ass ejected, and rightly so. I love to watch a film with a good crowd that's into it, but talking or ****ing around with your phone is a big no-no.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #25716
Banned

Oct 2013
San Jose California

Quote:
If you talk during Horror-thon or Ex-Fest you'll get your ass ejected, and rightly so. I love to watch a film with a good crowd that's into it, but talking or ****ing around with your phone is a big no-no.
Wish we could get those rules over here on the west coast! Too often the audience are hipsters that really have no heart or knowledge of genre cinema and they try to make jokes during the movie...only they're painfully unfunny..I mean I'm all for the solo insane guy that somehow makes it into the theater and thinks his stream of consciousness insanity aloud, but self conscious pretentious hipsters no thanks!

This is the case for San Francisco audiences not so much in los Angeles.
Thanks given by:
ActBreak (02-19-2017), frakking toaster (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #25717
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
United States
-
-
-

Quote:
That goes for any movie house. Why pay the money to attend something if you're just going to **** around on your phone the whole time and ignore what you paid to see in the first place? Bunch of goddamn morons, I tell ya!
A fan of The Classics and Genre Trash.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #25718
Special Member

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboyblu View Post
That goes for any movie house. Why pay the money to attend something if you're just going to **** around on your phone the whole time and ignore what you paid to see in the first place? Bunch of goddam morons, I tell ya!
I have to constantly tell my wife to put her phone down at the movies. Or at least turn the backlight down to stop bothering everyone.
Thanks given by:
dubious (02-17-2017), lilboyblu (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #25719

Dec 2014

Quote:
First of all, Morgan, Welcome to the Darkside. Your turn has been entertaining.

Second, NYC has become anywhere USA. They've been bleeding the individuality out of it for the past 20 years, but have really stepped up their game post 9/11. I lived there for 13 years, beginning with the Dinkins years, before moving to Los Angeles and I miss tatty old NYC every time I go back for work, which is often.

Lastly, I will also put in my huzzahs for Nitehawk. I had a film of mine screen there a couple years ago and was flown out to do a Q&A and the manager was super cool guy and treated me so wonderfully. If I lived there, they'd get a lot of business from me.
Thanks given by:
Old 02-17-2017, 07:05 PM   #25720
Banned

Sep 2015

we will have a few copies of Necromancy up for sale at amazon soon.

- Brad
Thanks given by:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors