Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Doctor Who: The Complete Ninth Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Get Out (Blu-ray)
$9.99
A Monster Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Expanse: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$20.49
A Dog's Purpose (Blu-ray)
$9.99
xXx: Return of Xander Cage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
House of Cards: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Monster Trucks (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrival (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 02-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #25681

Jan 2017

I hope the Nashy titles get a bundle, I'll buy that the first minute it's up
Thanks given by:
darthtater (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #25682
Banned

Oct 2013
San Jose California

I'm really just curious, this isn't an antagonizing or trollic question.

To the members here that I respect and enjoy the posts of who happen to live in Brooklyn or Manhattan or any of the boroughs, are any of you guys native new Yorker's or are you like from Ohio or somewhere like that?

The reason I ask is, whenever I am in NYC instead of using GPS I like to walk around and talk to people to find my way around and it usually seems like tourists or people living there outnumber natives like 30-1.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #25683
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Morgan View Post

To the members here that I respect and enjoy the posts of who happen to live in Brooklyn or Manhattan or any of the boroughs, are any of you guys native new Yorker's or are you like from Ohio or somewhere like that?

The reason I ask is, whenever I am in NYC instead of using GPS I like to walk around and talk to people to find my way around and it usually seems like tourists or people living there outnumber natives like 30-1.
Native for me, but in my eyes its becoming more and more a place for non-natives. More often than not I meet people from other parts of the country, and many native people I know have moved because its become very expensive to live here.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #25684
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

another native here, but i will not be able to afford to live here for a long time and will be taking my MA in Education elsewhere. i'm legit sick of this town.

and actually a lot of people ask me for directions which makes me think i'm harmless looking

NYC is great if you like banks
Old 02-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #25685

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Morgan View Post

I've spent half of my life in New York State and half in the city. You're more likely to find tourists in certain areas of Manhattan. Particularly around where I work, it's a madhouse. Off the beaten path you'll find more native New Yorkers, but of course they're being continually displaced by visitors and the like.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #25686
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

Native New Yorker and now former NYer. Every other person you encounter on a Brooklyn street is either a Midwest transplant or a Euro tourist. It's definitely not the Brooklyn I grew up in.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #25687
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Native New Yorker and now former NYer. Emerging from the Subway in my old neighborhood in Brooklyn now feels like I'm in Paris or some European country with outdoor cafes and wine bars on every block. WINE BARS?!? But this isn't even why I moved out. The city is giving away every available parcel of land to developers to build luxury housing, which is giving landlords of existing buildings an excuse to jack up rents to proportions only the wealthy can afford. Every other person you encounter on a Brooklyn street is either a Midwest transplant or a Euro tourist. It's definitely not the Brooklyn I grew up with.
the last time i went to Williamsburg, i felt like Bedford avenue had descended into self parody. i'm removed from it all in my part of Brooklyn, but it's spreading everywhere.
Thanks given by:
jshaide (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #25688
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
the last time i went to Williamsburg, i felt like Bedford avenue had descended into self parody. i'm removed from it all in my part of Brooklyn, but it's spreading everywhere.
Williamsburg does have nitehawk cinema though which is pretty amazing and plays a lot of Code Red/Arrow type of titles.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #25689

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by frakking toaster View Post
Williamsburg does have nitehawk cinema though which is pretty amazing and plays a lot of Code Red/Arrow type of titles.
Oddly enough, I've never made it out to Nitehawk. I've heard mixed things. I have to go one of these days, but I'm spoiled living just a few stops away from the Drafthouse.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #25690
Power Member

Jul 2014
Maryland

I haven't been able to find this thread, looks like it was stickied. I thought it was locked or there just wasn't anything going on with Code Red lately. But it's been stickied so I have to look for it at the top of the page now. Bill's made it mainstream!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #25691

Jan 2017

I got the Night Child and Brotherhood of Death yesterday and as I was opening the cello from the night child I thought to myself "hm this cellophane is thicker than usual" and I proceeded to rip the back of the plastic that holds the cover art together. I'm not that bright sometimes
Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (02-18-2017), Fdup Flix (02-18-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #25692
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
Oddly enough, I've never made it out to Nitehawk. I've heard mixed things. I have to go one of these days, but I'm spoiled living just a few stops away from the Drafthouse.
I love Nitehawk. Any movie theater that I can drink a beer and eat a burger while watching Cannibal Holocaust and Messiah of Evil is alright by me. And there popcorn is literallly the best I've ever had.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #25693

Jul 2016

Quote:
I love Nitehawk. Any movie theater that I can drink a beer and eat a burger while watching Cannibal Holocaust and Messiah of Evil is alright by me. And there popcorn is literallly the best I've ever had.
Yeah, my friend raves about the popcorn. Honestly, the whole food and movies thing is sort of a mixed bag to me. I mean, I like it (what's not to like), but sometimes it's just too much and kind of a distraction.

Did they actually show a print of Messiah Of Evil? I saw a print once and it was badly faded. I will not tolerate somebody projecting a blu-ray or dvd and charging me. That's bullshit, I'd rather watch it at home.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #25694
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
He looks like Nero in Blastfighter! No coincidence why the Italians cast him. The mustache really brings out the Nero in him.
Haha, watching with a buddy of mine, he dubbed Sopkiw "Fake-o Nero."
Thanks given by:
Boggle (02-17-2017), painiac (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #25695

Aug 2015
California

Plan on picking up the latest batch once Delirium and Beyond the Door drop.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #25696
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
Yeah, my friend raves about the popcorn. Honestly, the whole food and movies thing is sort of a mixed bag to me. I mean, I like it (what's not to like), but sometimes it's just too much and kind of a distraction.

Did they actually show a print of Messiah Of Evil? I saw a print once and it was badly faded. I will not tolerate somebody projecting a blu-ray or dvd and charging me. That's bullshit, I'd rather watch it at home.
Yeah last year but sadly I didn't get to go. I did see Zombi 2, Suspiria and Four Flies in Grey Velvet there though.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #25697
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
brooklyn

I got to Nitehawk more than any other theater - the popcorn is great and the beer selection is pretty good. I've also been shushed during the opening credits of almost every midnight showing i've been to there.
Thanks given by:
frakking toaster (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #25698

Jul 2016

Quote:
Yeah last year but sadly I didn't get to go. I did see Zombi 2, Suspiria and Four Flies in Grey Velvet there though.
All prints?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #25699
Power Member

Jul 2014
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xanderdelag View Post
I got the Night Child and Brotherhood of Death yesterday and as I was opening the cello from the night child I thought to myself "hm this cellophane is thicker than usual" and I proceeded to rip the back of the plastic that holds the cover art together. I'm not that bright sometimes
Old 02-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #25700
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
NYC

Quote:
All prints?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painiac View Post
I got to Nitehawk more than any other theater - the popcorn is great and the beer selection is pretty good. I've also been shushed during the opening credits of almost every midnight showing i've been to there.
Sorry that was probably me.
I like going there cause the people there actually care about watching movies. Not annoying teenagers screaming every time there's a jump scare.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors