New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Now: Trolls (Party Edition) $11.08 (17% claimed)
Soon: War for the Planet of the Apes ()
Soon: The Boss Baby (Special Edition) ()
Soon: Logan ()
Soon: Captain Underpants: The First … ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Get Out (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Fate of the Furious 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Non-Stop (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Despicable Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Nocturnal Animals (Blu-ray)
$7.96
The Mummy (Blu-ray)
$13.96
Keeping Up with the Joneses (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Girls Trip (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jason Bourne 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.88
Warcraft 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Region C


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
toddly6666 toddly6666 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
toddly6666's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Hong Kong
20
1300
35
279
61
Russia Three Wishes for Cinderella (1973)



According to this website, http://oz.by/video/more10208070.html:

Region-free
1080p (2.40:1) 1920 X 1080
Russian DD 2.0
English subtitles

Can any Russian/Ukranian blu-ray.com forum members confirm these specs for sure? I know that the Russian DVD was 1.33:1 with English subs. I'm not sure what the original specs were.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070832/
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
NeedforSpeed NeedforSpeed is offline
Member
 
Feb 2010
Kiev
6
Russia

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3330911
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
toddly6666 toddly6666 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
toddly6666's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Hong Kong
20
1300
35
279
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedforSpeed View Post
My Russian is pretty bad, but according to that site:
1. The blu-ray has English subtitles
2. The DVD was full screen, but the Blu-ray was cropped to be widescreen?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
GeorgeP12 GeorgeP12 is offline
Active Member
 
GeorgeP12's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Default

Discussion on rutracker.org does not give the definite answer about the release's source but most likely it's a bootleg based on German release.
The remux does have English subtitles.
BDs: 1617
Criterion: 168 - 5 dead discs, Eureka: 45, BFI: 22, CJ Entertainment: 15, Kino: 12, Artificial Eye: 9
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
toddly6666 toddly6666 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
toddly6666's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Hong Kong
20
1300
35
279
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeP12 View Post
Discussion on rutracker.org does not give the definite answer about the release's source but most likely it's a bootleg based on German release.
The remux does have English subtitles.
How can it be a bootleg when it's selling at respectable Russian online video stores?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
GeorgeP12 GeorgeP12 is offline
Active Member
 
GeorgeP12's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
How can it be a bootleg when it's selling at respectable Russian online video stores?
At oz.by? It's a Belarussian store. Note that oz.by does not mention the publisher. IMHO, it's a sign of bootleg.

Russian legal online shops (ozon.ru, kniga.ru, bluraymania.ru, mersi.ru) do not have the title on Blu-ray, only on DVD. Blu-ray specs at oz.by is a sum of German Blu-ray (Czech and German audio, German subtitles) and Russian DVD (Russian stereo, Russian & English subtitles).
BDs: 1617
Criterion: 168 - 5 dead discs, Eureka: 45, BFI: 22, CJ Entertainment: 15, Kino: 12, Artificial Eye: 9

Last edited by GeorgeP12; 03-04-2012 at 12:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
toddly6666 toddly6666 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
toddly6666's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Hong Kong
20
1300
35
279
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeP12 View Post
At oz.by? It's a Belarussian store. Note that oz.by does not mention the publisher. IMHO, it's a sign of bootleg.

Russian legal online shops (ozon.ru, kniga.ru, bluraymania.ru, mersi.ru) do not have the title on Blu-ray, only on DVD. Blu-ray specs at oz.by is a sum of German Blu-ray (Czech and German audio, German subtitles) and Russian DVD (Russian stereo, Russian & English subtitles).
well, that just sucks! Now I got to worry about getting blu-ray bootlegs from Russia!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
strom strom is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2012
Russia
814
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
well, that just sucks! Now I got to worry about getting blu-ray bootlegs from Russia!
Why for? Its the better way to burn files by yourself.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Region C


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:54 PM.