Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.98
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The Apartment (Blu-ray)
$33.03
976-EVIL (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Halloween II (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Trailer Trauma 3: 80's Horror-Thon (Blu-ray)
$23.15
The Vietnam War (Blu-ray)
$68.10
Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Howling (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Dawn of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$15.48
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #1

Apr 2010
Burbank, CA
Default Looking for Mr. Goodbar

Excellent film that, to my knowledge, has never even been released on dvd...I remember a VHS copy from years ago. Would love to see this film finally released and given credit due! Diane Keaton was amazing in this film and it's a great slice of 70's disco, creepy nightlife, atmosphere! I've always wondered if this wasn't released on dvd because of music rights issues, as there are a lot of great disco tunes used on the soundtrack. Also a great chance to see a very young Richard Gere and Tom Berenger!!! C'mon Paramount...release this one already!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #2

Jul 2007

Couldn't agree more. I've only ever seen it edited. Even then, it was compelling. I am sure it has to do with the music rights. Wonder if there is a way to light a fire under Paramount.
"Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I'm gonna kick you 'til you're dead!"
Old 11-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

I would like to see this in BD as well. Its hard to find and not on Netflix.
Im tempted to acquire a VHS version online.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

And Keaton went topless.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

One of the Laserdiscs that is still waiting for the BD to replace it...down to a couple of hundred with no BD counterpart.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #6
Expert Member

May 2013

There's a very nice DVD-quality anamorphic widescreen version of this floating around on the web; I've searched in vain for a legit source it might have been ripped from. It must have been put up uncut for streaming somewhere, or had an obscure foreign DVD release, as it's definitely professionally mastered.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #7

Nov 2013
Baton Rouge, LA

Long overdue for Paramount to clear up the music issues with this (and Little Darlings and American Hot Wax). The audiences have been waiting a good while now. Shocking something this major has been left to flounder.
Some Most Wanted Blus: The Farmer, Shampoo, California Split, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, Hud, Looking for Mr. Goodbar, Semi-Tough, Hustle, Tom Horn, The Hunter, Black Sunday (77), Farewell My Lovely, The Big Sleep (78), Texasville (DC), The Keep, Rancho Deluxe, Klute, The Parallax View, The Day of the Locust, That's Life, Skin Deep, Sunset, Harper, The Drowning Pool, A Wedding, Quintet, Fort Apache The Bronx, The Two Jakes, The Legend of Boggy Creek, Wishbone Cutter, White Hunter Black Heart
Old 03-02-2015, 12:51 AM   #8
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Brazil

This film seems to be very good.
My interest in watching it started because of Madonna's Bad Girl video-clip, which was inspired by this film. At first, I thought that the clip were made with scenes from some great film she did, 'cause it is absolutely beautiful and stunning. Also, the presence of Christopher Walken made me think it were made with scenes from some film she did.
To my disappoint, it's just a fantastic vide-clip, not a film.
Now, I need to watch this film.
''You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo's, I saw it.'' - Emily Charlton

If anyone who lives or will come to Brazil is selling/trading The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 40th Anniversary Edition (any edition from any country, with english subtitles), please PM me
Old 04-26-2016, 06:48 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

FYI: TCM is airing this on July 14th.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

LFMG is an amazing '70's flick. Great time capsule of the era, and possibly Diane Keaton's best work. Amazing 'disco/rock/pop soundtrack as well. '70's NYC may as well have been another character in the film. The novel the film is based on is also worth checking out.

[Show spoiler]Having read the novel before seeing the film, I was glad that they kept the very downbeat ending in the movie....It was also worth noting that this story was based on actual events...

Unfortunately, I've only seen this once on a sub-par print several years back; it's unavailability makes it tough to track down.

I also suspect that part/all of the reason this film hasn't made it to DVD/Blu is because of the copyright(s) involving all of the music on the soundtrack. That seems to be the typical reason that many never-released older films are being held up from being available on current home video formats.

I would really like to see this released to DVD/Blu at some point in the near future. The Criterion Collection is the perfect label/venue, since IMHO LFMG is iconic enough to deserve inclusion here.

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 04-26-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Thanks given by:
Fred Sliman (04-27-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Tulsa, OK (formally S. Wales)

I thought this was nothing but a lyric in a Weird Al song.
Home Theater Gear
Projector: Epson Home Cinema 3020
Screen: Silver Ticket 120" 16:9
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel
Speakers: Infinity Primus Three-way dual 6-1/2-Inch Floorstanding Speaker / Infinity Primus Two-way dual 5-1/4-Inch Speaker / Sony SS-F6000 Floor-Standing 4-Way Speakers
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW110 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer
Blu-Ray Player: Sony S1200 Multi System Region Free Blu Ray Disc Player
Old 02-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #12
Expert Member

Jan 2012
USA

Saw this the other day, simply amazing, hoping for that bluray someday.
BD Wishlist: Grandma's Boy, Splendor in the Grass, Ginger Snaps Trilogy, That Night, Roman Holiday, Kitty (1945).
Old 03-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

Ive acquired the VHS and a clean bootleg DVD.

Great look into the NYC singles bar scenes of the era.

But at times its no better than a TV movie.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:33 AM   #14
Special Member

Jun 2010
Thumbs up

This is my first time to see this movie 2 month ago and I'm still surprise never release DVD yet and so I like it and want Blu-ray... hope neither Paramount or Criterion should get it.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

Too bad LFMG still isn't hasn't made it's way to Region 1 DVD/Blu-ray. It's a classic, iconic film that really deserves to be seen by a wider audience.

I suspect a lot of film fans haven't seen this due to it's unavailability on home video.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists