Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.98
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The Apartment (Blu-ray)
$33.03
976-EVIL (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Halloween II (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Trailer Trauma 3: 80's Horror-Thon (Blu-ray)
$23.15
The Vietnam War (Blu-ray)
$68.10
Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Howling (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Dawn of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$15.48
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #21

Mar 2013
Default Yes pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyZodiac View Post
This is my favorite show and I just don't understand why it hasn't had a BD release, best show ever but still no word.I mean Friends gets Blu-ray and Seinfeld is 1000x better but still no release date?
Agreed. It doesn't make sense to re-scan the film for 720p broadcasts, without making a blu-ray release.

I would order it right away if I could.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #22

May 2007

It'll happen, eventually. What I don't get is why it's taking so long.

Sony has had HD masters of the show for several years now; in fact, if you're watching "Seinfeld" on any given HD channel, you're watching those masters.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #23

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I've tried watching it a few times. I just can't stand Seinfeld. I don't find him funny. And I think all of the characters are horribly annoying. I want to punch all of them.
Hey, I feel the same way about EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND AND I LOVE LUCY. Every single character on those 2 shows were annoying and seemed like horrible people.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #24

Mar 2013

Same here, but for me it happens with Big Bang Theory. :-)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011

Quote:
I've tried watching it a few times. I just can't stand Seinfeld. I don't find him funny. And I think all of the characters are horribly annoying. I want to punch all of them.
I somewhat agree. Jerry Seinfeld is a terrible actor/comedian. He can't act. His stand-up stuff is pretty much on the same painful level. But the supporting cast is phenomenal. Which the main reason why this show was such a huge hit. And Larry David.
Looking for:
La Piscine 1969 (Park Circus; Blu-ray)
En röst i mörkret 1968 (Fin de Siecle Media; DVD)
Old 08-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #26

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by naylor83 View Post
Agreed. It doesn't make sense to re-scan the film for 720p broadcasts, without making a blu-ray release.

I would order it right away if I could.
They wouldn't need to. Sony's had 1080i masters for "Seinfeld" since they started releasing it on DVD. They actually look fairly good for almost 30 year-old material.

All you have to do is catch it on TBS or any other HD channel that syndicates "Seinfeld," and you'll see how they look on Blu-Ray--only better.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #27

Nov 2012
WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrial View Post
I somewhat agree. Jerry Seinfeld is a terrible actor/comedian. He can't act. His stand-up stuff is pretty much on the same painful level. But the supporting cast is phenomenal. Which the main reason why this show was such a huge hit. And Larry David.

Your opinion is valid but definitely not the popular opinion. There is no right or wrong opinion just popular and unpopular opinion. But if opinions were democratic, you'd be voted out with that opinion. Oh well
Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Co. Cork, Ireland

Quote:
Seinfeld is just awful. Awful awful awful.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #29

Sep 2013
Columbus, OH
Default Merit is Moot

I've been waiting for the possibility of Seinfeld on blu-ray along with many of you (except for the people who, for whatever reason, spend the time to post just to say they hate the show... really? I mean, really?), but I don't have to tell you it has zero to do with how much it deserves a BD release. A BD release of any existing catalog title depends on two things: one, is there large enough market demand for it, and two, do they have the legal clearance to proceed? TV shows, as a general rule, have more legal hurdles to clear, and highly successful show seem to have additional legal delays (presumably due to the myriad distribution deals with all the parties involved). New shows made in the BD era already have these deals done so there tends to be very little delay with them, but Seinfeld is just one of many older shows that has made my wishlist. The release will happen, but my guess is that it will only be a complete series release, not individual season releases, at least not at first.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #30
Special Member

May 2010
Melbourne, Aus

If this was ever released, it would definitely be a first day buy for me. One of the greatest TV show ever. Larry David is a genius and Curb Your Enthusiasm should also get a release as well.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKaboom View Post
I've been waiting for the possibility of Seinfeld on blu-ray along with many of you (except for the people who, for whatever reason, spend the time to post just to say they hate the show... really? I mean, really?), but I don't have to tell you it has zero to do with how much it deserves a BD release. A BD release of any existing catalog title depends on two things: one, is there large enough market demand for it, and two, do they have the legal clearance to proceed? TV shows, as a general rule, have more legal hurdles to clear, and highly successful show seem to have additional legal delays (presumably due to the myriad distribution deals with all the parties involved). New shows made in the BD era already have these deals done so there tends to be very little delay with them, but Seinfeld is just one of many older shows that has made my wishlist. The release will happen, but my guess is that it will only be a complete series release, not individual season releases, at least not at first.
Here's hoping your right
Old 09-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 2010 View Post
If this was ever released, it would definitely be a first day buy for me. One of the greatest TV show ever. Larry David is a genius and Curb Your Enthusiasm should also get a release as well.
Amen I'd buy both day 1 I'm bout to flog my DVDs to buy the Seinfeld collection just because there so big and take up so much room and have been watched more than any disc I've ever bought talk about replay value I'm surprised I have not worn the discs out
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #33
Special Member

Aug 2013
Australia

Jerry is worth 800 Million, so I don't think he cares but the fans should be rewarded for loyalty. I still can't believe the lack of content on Blu ray compared to DvD even tho blu ray took off around 2007, I mean you have heaps of editions of certain dvds have home out over the years and you lucky if your fave movie or tv has even been released on blu ray.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #34

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece86 View Post
Jerry is worth 800 Million, so I don't think he cares but the fans should be rewarded for loyalty. I still can't believe the lack of content on Blu ray compared to DvD even tho blu ray took off around 2007, I mean you have heaps of editions of certain dvds have home out over the years and you lucky if your fave movie or tv has even been released on blu ray.
You do know that the majority of TV shows back before HD were filmed on Tape right.. and would serve no benefit to being on Blu-Ray?

Plus there are also millions of movies that have never seen the light of day on DVD either.
4K UHD Wishlist: The Great Escape, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Planet of the Apes, Near Dark, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Zombie, Lord of the Rings
Old 09-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #35
Special Member

Aug 2013
Australia

but it's stupid that B and C grade movies get a blu ray release and a popular tv show doesn't.. I think a seinfeld fan needs to get a petition together, I think you could get at the very least 400,000-500,000 signatures.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #36
Expert Member

Sep 2012

Why doesn't Sony do This:
December 2015: Release Seinfeld Seasons 1 & 2 and Season 3
June 2016: Release Seinfeld Season 4 and Season 5
December 2016: Release Seinfeld: Season 6 and Season 7
June 2017: Release Seinfeld: Season 8 and Season 9
December 2017: Release the Complete Series Box Set

If it's released this way, it'll give Sony some time to restore the episodes, and make some new special features (like commentaries on each episode, a new documentary for each season, etc). It may take a while to get all the seasons on BD, but it would be worth it if they get this treatment.
Favorite Movies of 2016
La La Land, Arrival, Hell or High Water, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Hacksaw Ridge, The Nice Guys, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool

Last edited by 14728; 09-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #37
Special Member

Jul 2012
Default Seinfeld DVD Box set cheaper than ever.

Been waiting for badly for Blu too. Especially since it is owned by Sony Pictures, has been opened out to 1.78:1 for cable TV (obviously filmed on 35mm), why no BR yet...

It is getting harder and harder to hold off on buying the DVD set. In Australia this week, the entire season box set is selling for $69! Don't want to double dip (as I have done that all too often).

Also, TV1 (Foxtel cable channel), is going off air on Dec 31 (playing Top Ten Seinfeld eps, ironcially, as final broadcast) to be replaced by TVHits, which I believe won't be playing different Seinfeld eps twice a night as TV1 did. This was where I could easily get my Seinfeld fix. Oh, what to do now!

Please, please, please Sony find it in your heart (and wallet) to release the entire series on Blu Ray. I'm sure many would purchase it, even at a $200-300 price point
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #38

Jan 2012

the dvd's are the best quality i can see it looking I own the dvds and they look ok, i think blu ray is not happening, also i doubt people will pay $30 or so for sienfeld when the dvds are like $8.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
australia

I bit the bullet and got the mrs to buy the set for me for chrissy I would still rebuy it it's SEINFELD probably my the most value for money out if all the discs iv ever bought they gave been watched sooooo many times
Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #40

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by linapotente View Post
Hey, I feel the same way about EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND AND I LOVE LUCY. Every single character on those 2 shows were annoying and seemed like horrible people.
I was exactly the same with Frasier. I think they were up to season 8 by the time I started watching it. The characters grew on me, the physical comedy was genius, the writing was very clever and went over many people's heads and I think it was on of the most PERFECTLY cast TV shows ever. Needless to say I went and brought each series for $15 each and watched them in order.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists