Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$128.59
George A. Romero: Between Night and Dawn (Blu-ray)
$62.89
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Amores Perros (Blu-ray)
$9.69
The Lift (Blu-ray)
$19.90
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$56.44
Atomic Blonde 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.75
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.88
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.77
Three O'Clock High (Blu-ray)
$14.49
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.29
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 12-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Default Seinfeld DVD transfers 1.33:1! Is this true?

Just checked out the DVD specs for the PAL and NTSC versions (UK and US respectively). Is it true that the DVD MPEG-2 transfers are the 1.33:1 original broadcast versions of the show?

If the DVD box set is framed 1.33:1, now I am really going to wait, to hell freezes over if I have to, for a Blu-Ray release.

Having watched the TV1's 1.78:1 Seinfeld broadcasts for many years, I can't go back to a 4:3 version. Will just have to wait for Seinfeld to be broadcast on another Aussie cable channel, if Sony won't do a Blu Ray release. :humph:
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

There will always be a place for physical media...

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 12-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #42
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Default "The Limo" 1.78:1 - No laugh track broadcast

I noticed a couple of years ago, S3, Ep14 - "The Limo" had no laugh track when I watched it on TV1, and then Channel 9 Brisbane also broadcast it, laugh less, in 1.78:1. (And I know the original contained laughter all the way through). Was a great way to watch a Seinfeld episode.

It would be great if on a BR release, "The Limo" was laugh track optional (maybe as most of it was shot without a studio audience), and shows like "The Parking Garage" as well.

In fact, it would be great to have the entire series laugh track optional, if it is possible to isolate the audio when the studio laughs (and perhaps "The Limo" is one such example). Would be great to watch Seinfeld, like Curb, without a laugh track.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

There will always be a place for physical media...

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 12-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

At this point purchasing the set on DVD is pointless. The HD broadcasts are of better quality.

People need to stop supporting DVD. Sony should know people would gladly buy Seinfeld on blu-ray.
The next Barnes and Noble Criterion sale is in November.

Criterion Blu-rays with 4K Transfers
Old 12-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #44

Jan 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
I noticed a couple of years ago, S3, Ep14 - "The Limo" had no laugh track when I watched it on TV1, and then Channel 9 Brisbane also broadcast it, laugh less, in 1.78:1. (And I know the original contained laughter all the way through). Was a great way to watch a Seinfeld episode.

It would be great if on a BR release, "The Limo" was laugh track optional (maybe as most of it was shot without a studio audience), and shows like "The Parking Garage" as well.

In fact, it would be great to have the entire series laugh track optional, if it is possible to isolate the audio when the studio laughs (and perhaps "The Limo" is one such example). Would be great to watch Seinfeld, like Curb, without a laugh track.
Not one episode of Seinfeld has canned laughter. All but a couple of its 180 episodes were shot in front of a live audience, so it would be very difficult to remove the laughs as they are embedded on the master audio tracks.

The only scenes shot without an audience were exterior and car shots, and even these were then played back or reenacted to live audience to get a true reaction.

Episodes like "The Limo" "The Parking Garage" and "The Subway" had no scenes shot in front of audience, but just like the exterior shots of all episodes, they were then played back to a live audience to get a true reaction. So for these episodes it may be possible to remove the laugh track, but this would only be possible for around five or so episodes.
Regards
Oliver Gigacz
Old 04-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #45

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrial View Post
I somewhat agree. Jerry Seinfeld is a terrible actor/comedian. He can't act. His stand-up stuff is pretty much on the same painful level. But the supporting cast is phenomenal. Which the main reason why this show was such a huge hit. And Larry David.
Part of the charm is that he can't act that well....it's about him being him....I don't get why people can't get that
Thanks given by:
morymb (09-29-2015)
Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #46

Jul 2007
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Gigacz View Post
Not one episode of Seinfeld has canned laughter. All but a couple of its 180 episodes were shot in front of a live audience, so it would be very difficult to remove the laughs as they are embedded on the master audio tracks.

The only scenes shot without an audience were exterior and car shots, and even these were then played back or reenacted to live audience to get a true reaction.

Episodes like "The Limo" "The Parking Garage" and "The Subway" had no scenes shot in front of audience, but just like the exterior shots of all episodes, they were then played back to a live audience to get a true reaction. So for these episodes it may be possible to remove the laugh track, but this would only be possible for around five or so episodes.
Even if it were possible, you wouldn't want it. Actors in multi-camera sitcoms pause while the audience laughs so you van hear their next line. Without the laughs, these pauses become unbearably awkward and unnatural. Though the writing is not good like Seinfeld's, this Big Bang Theory clip illustrates my point.
The extra "L" is for "typo."
Old 06-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #47
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid View Post
Unfortunately, no. Cursed just like Rush Hour 2, Duel and The Abyss.
The Abyss is coming this year isn't it? 25th anniversary
Old 06-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #48
Expert Member

Sep 2009

When this comes it will set a record price wise . Probably $350
Old 07-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #49
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonovan View Post
When this comes it will set a record price wise . Probably $350
Where'd you get that from?

I hope not. If it comes to BD the wait will have been long enough. I wouldn't wanna wait a few extra years just so it becomes a decent price.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #50
Special Member

Jun 2013

Can't imagine it costing any more than Friends.

I'm really desperate for this series to be released on blu-ray.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #51
Special Member

Aug 2013

Seinfeld would make tons on blu-ray . wonder if it's another profit sharing dispute among the stars (http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/C...nd-2789360.php)

Last edited by qb2333; 08-13-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

Since it is SONY I would not hold my breath.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #53
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

Any news on a Blu-ray release yet?
Old 10-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by qb2333 View Post
Seinfeld would make tons on blu-ray . wonder if it's another profit sharing dispute among the stars (http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/C...nd-2789360.php)
It's only a matter of time. Each will get their slice of the pie. Seinfeld and David are sure to cash in again. Deservedly so.
The next Barnes and Noble Criterion sale is in November.

Criterion Blu-rays with 4K Transfers
Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #55

Jul 2012
Texas, USA

So Seinfeld just made an account on Tumblr for Festivus: http://seinfeld.tumblr.com/

And they're pretty much taking over the blogging site for the day by changing Tumblr's logo into a Seinfeld version and enabling users to turn on "Festivus mode" which plays the Seinfeld bass line as they scroll up or down posts.

If this isn't some sort of build-up to some sort of future release (Netflix is in talks), then I'm not sure what they're doing because they've been pretty active on social media.

Last edited by Panemlights; 01-01-2015 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:42 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panemlights View Post
So Seinfeld just an account on Tumblr for Festivus: http://seinfeld.tumblr.com/

And they're pretty much taking over the blogging site for the day by changing Tumblr's logo into a Seinfeld version and enabling users to turn on "Festivus mode" which plays the Seinfeld bass line as they scroll up or down posts.

If this isn't some sort of build-up to some sort of future release (Netflix is in talks), then I'm not sure what they're doing because they've been pretty active on social media.

Fingers crossed (and everything else) heard something about Jerry Seinfeld is working with Larry David on something at the moment
Old 01-15-2015, 06:28 AM   #57
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

Old 01-20-2015, 04:57 AM   #58

Feb 2009
Green River

Old 02-05-2015, 12:02 AM   #59
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriess View Post
Thanks given by:
beechy (02-05-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 12:05 AM   #60
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Hulu sent me the e-mail ad that Seinfeld is available on their service. I'm so annoyed by this. Why couldn't a streaming service that doesn't have commercials get this show?! I HATE commercials, especially since I dropped cable two years ago. I tried Hulu's free month trial and couldn't stand it. I'd rather watch my Seinfeld DVD's than watch the HD versions with commercials. At this point, I'm willing to buy the entire series in digital HD on Vudu if it was available since the blu-rays will probably never be released.
"We put liquid paper on a bee, and it died."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists