Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.88
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.96
Jackie (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$30.01
Miss Hokusai (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Star Trek: The Original Series - The Roddenberry Vault (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Justice League Dark (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Kyousougiga: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.59
Assassin's Creed (Blu-ray)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 06-16-2014, 02:08 AM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Calgary, AB, Canada

No word yet on Voyager either. Garrett Wang was at our comic expo again this past April so I asked him when his show is hitting Blu. He hasn't heard anything. All depends on CBS he said.

All Star Trek deserves to be on Blu.
"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and doughnuts. We wanted strong drink." -Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Thanks given by:
benbess (06-16-2014), Bolty (06-16-2014), JaseT (06-16-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 03:05 AM   #42

Nov 2008
kansas city, MO

Good to hear. Now if they will put Babylon 5 on bluray
Old 06-16-2014, 03:18 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Sherwood Forest

Very happy to hear - love this series. Have yet to pick up TOS, STNG or Enterprise blurays yet but they are on my list. Been meaning to buy but I did an entire Trek marathon over the course of a 14 months or so in 2011 - 2012 (at least one episode everyday - only missed one day three days in). As a result I've continued to delay my purchases
Old 06-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeforest View Post
Very happy to hear - love this series. Have yet to pick up TOS, STNG or Enterprise blurays yet but they are on my list. Been meaning to buy but I did an entire Trek marathon over the course of a 14 months or so in 2011 - 2012 (at least one episode everyday - only missed one day three days in). As a result I've continued to delay my purchases
???

Happy to hear? Are you folks not reading the posts?

DS9 is NOT, repeat NOT, likely to come to blu-ray.....

Can't a moderator fix this friggin crazy title that some silly person put on this thread?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:59 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Colorado, USA
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeforest View Post
Well no wonder we aren't seeing DS9 released on blu! Your holodeck privileges have been revoked!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:21 AM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbess View Post
???

Happy to hear? Are you folks not reading the posts?

DS9 is NOT, repeat NOT, likely to come to blu-ray.....

Can't a moderator fix this friggin crazy title that some silly person put on this thread?
Seriously. As posted in the TNG S6 thread:

Quote:
Sorry jimbotron, I feel obliged to set you straight. There are NO plans to start DS9 any time soon.
http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=278
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #47
Banned

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Link to executives at CBS. Polite notes on the topic might help? It's very much of a long shot, but....?

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-h...nment/contacts

Here's my note, which was sent about two weeks ago. I did not get get a reply.

"Dear......

Everyone in my family enjoys watching Star Trek. The various Star Trek shows are, in fact, our favorite TV programs. We've purchased all of the blu-rays for the original Star Trek and for The Next Generation as soon as they were released. As you know, the picture and sound quality are incredible. It's like watching these shows again for the first time. And the bonus features and documentaries are also a lot of fun. Since we have kids in our family, we appreciate that Star Trek can be enjoyed by everyone.

We are also fans of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (as well as Voyager), and have been looking forward to the announcement that these shows too are going to be rebuilt and remastered for blu-ray. We are obviously voting with our wallets by buying Star Trek: The Next Generation on blu-ray the day each season is released. Is there hope for Deep Space Nine to come to blu-ray too?

Best wishes and thanks"
Can I "steal" this and use it myself? with a little bit of tweaking?
Thanks given by:
benbess (06-16-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 04:51 AM   #48
Banned

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

One thing that is giving me hope that DS9 is next is the statement that was made....
"Your FIRST look at DS9 is on Season 6"
That says that we WILL see DS9 on Blu-Ray again.
You can't have a first look without more to follow.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
One thing that is giving me hope that DS9 is next is the statement that was made....
"Your FIRST look at DS9 is on Season 6"
That says that we WILL see DS9 on Blu-Ray again.
You can't have a first look without more to follow.
Sure you can. Whenever something happens that has not happened before, it is still the first time it has happened even if it never happens again.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #50
Banned

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
Sure you can. Whenever something happens that has not happened before, it is still the first time it has happened even if it never happens again.
shhhh
No logic allowed...
Old 06-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
Default Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is coming to Blu-ray!

Remember when the producer of these sets said The Animated Series was coming to Blu then had to come out a few days later stating there were no plans?

This is the same thing. Someone let the cat out of the bag and the higher-ups are forcing everyone they can control to stick to the official company story until said company is willing to officially announce otherwise. They don't announce this stuff the day they begin working on it. They announce it when they're about to finalize the overall product.

They're winding down on TNG. Naturally they're gonna keep going on other two shows (three counting TAS) for both Blu as well as the next couple decades of HD TV broadcasts, streaming and downloads.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers

Last edited by GuruAskew; 06-16-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Doesn't the Star Trek (Original series) blu-ray have a DS9 episode on it, in HD? I haven't gotten through the set yet but saw it listed in the extras.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #53
Power Member

Jul 2013

Quote:
DS9 is NOT coming to blu-ray as far as we know.

This thread title is just wrong and deceptive. It should be moved by a moderator to the wish list, and the title should be changed.

As you can tell by my avatar, I'm as sad as anyone else about this fact, but there it is.

And, frankly, the Niners who haven't bothered to buy the great TNG blu-rays have possibly contributed to their show being doomed to stay SD, perhaps forever. Flame away....
Debbie called and she wants her downers back.
Qui Jyn Ben Han
Old 06-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #54
Expert Member

May 2010
Cologne, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
Doesn't the Star Trek (Original series) blu-ray have a DS9 episode on it, in HD? I haven't gotten through the set yet but saw it listed in the extras.
It was only an SD upconvert.
"...wenn ich, Aguirre, will, dass die Vögel tot von den Bäumen fallen, dann fallen die Vögel tot von den Bäumen herunter.
Ich bin der Zorn Gottes, die Erde über die ich gehe sieht mich und bebt!"
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (06-19-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lope de Aguirre View Post
It was only an SD upconvert.
Which looked terrible IMO.....
I aim to misbehave....
Old 06-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
Which looked terrible IMO.....
oh thank god, I thought I was the only one who was disappointed by that. There is nothing I hate more than when they put SD/upconverted stuff with HD blu-ray material. I was excited for this, then saw it and thought "what the hell?" and was worried that all HD material for TNG on would look that bad.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #57

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunemoon View Post
Debbie called and she wants her downers back.
There's nothing "Debbie downer" about the truth. As of right now there is no confirmation that DS9 is coming to Blu-ray like the thread title inaccurately states.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Method Man View Post
There's nothing "Debbie downer" about the truth. As of right now there is no confirmation that DS9 is coming to Blu-ray like the thread title inaccurately states.
He's right, CBS has said nothing about the series being done. This is a classic example of jumping to conclusions with no evidence - they mention DS9 in the promo and people automatically assume it means they are already remastering it while ignoring the fact that it appeared in a season 6 episode. DS9 is coming to blu-ray, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine isn't - there is a difference.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #59

Jun 2012

I'm sorely disappointed after reading the the title to this thread and then reading the actual posts. DS9 is by far my favorite, I own them all on DVD and plan on rebuying on blu if they ever come out.

I've been buying all the TNG blus as they've been released, as well as plan on buying Enterprise (probably not right away, but eventually). DS9 is what I really want, though.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #60
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
He's right, CBS has said nothing about the series being done. This is a classic example of jumping to conclusions with no evidence - they mention DS9 in the promo and people automatically assume it means they are already remastering it while ignoring the fact that it appeared in a season 6 episode. DS9 is coming to blu-ray, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine isn't - there is a difference.
Is it really ignoring or more not remembering/not knowing? I mean for some people it may have been 20+ years since they last saw the episodes or they may be a DS9 fan who never watched TNG. It's a perfectly logical (no pun intended) conclusion for someone in that boat to jump to, especially when the post says "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and not just the name of the station.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists