Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Alice in Wonderland (Blu-ray)
$9.99
NFL Super Bowl LI Champions (Blu-ray)
$21.55
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.96
Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Assassin's Creed (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Jackie (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Monster Calls (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Battleship 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 04-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #21

Feb 2016

To make it clear and not to be accused of faking anything:

The scan will be done in 4K from the interpositive frame by frame on a highend machine, but will be downsampled to 2K within the process. We made this decision because the only provided 35mm source is an interpositive and not any original negative. So 4Kto2K is a reasonable way to get most of the image-information. 4K with 4K workflow would have been a good decision, if we would have had access to any negative print. Also 4K with 4k workflow would be much more expensive. I think DeLuxe is a good choice to perform the scan at.

Don't worry, it is not going to be like MOONTRAP! haha

HAUNTED HILLS is owned by Cassandra Peterson unlike her first movie ELVIRA - MOTD.
Thanks given by:
deltatauhobbit (04-22-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012
Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
1. New exclusive 4Kto2K scan done at DeLuxe in LA from the original interpositive (that's what the licensor provides!).
Licensor, you mean New World Pictures? Maybe Kino will release it in the States then, since they have a deal with them..
Old 04-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #23

Feb 2016

The Licensor is LAKESHORE ENTERTAINMENT! The current distributor is IMAGE and has the rights, like already mentioned, until 2018. And to also get that clear, we manage the scan, the 35mm interpositive is provided by LAKESHORE.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:14 AM   #24
Special Member

Sep 2014
Winnetka, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Rothman View Post
Licensor, you mean New World Pictures? Maybe Kino will release it in the States then, since they have a deal with them..
New World distributed it, Anchor Bay owned the rights at one point, and now they are with Image/Lakeshore. I don't even think New World Pictures are around anymore, unfortunately
Old 04-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012
Hawaii

Quote:
The Licensor is LAKESHORE ENTERTAINMENT! The current distributor is IMAGE and has the rights, like already mentioned, until 2018. And to also get that clear, we manage the scan, the 35mm interpositive is provided by LAKESHORE.
ah..OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettxwt View Post
New World distributed it, Anchor Bay owned the rights at one point, and now they are with Image/Lakeshore. I don't even think New World Pictures are around anymore, unfortunately
gotcha. thx
Old 04-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #26

Feb 2016

New World Pictures / TV became a part of 20th Century Fox in the 80s! Filmcatalogue was handled by Transatlantic until the mid 90s I think, then switched to Lakeshore.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #27
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Greenville, SC USA

Quote:
I don't like to get pressured to release any info about the ELVIRA release prior to having every confirmed ready.

So far a few confirmed facts:

1. New exclusive 4Kto2K scan done at DeLuxe in LA from the original interpositive (that's what the licensor provides!).
2. It is going to be a strictly limited 3 Disc-Set in special packaging (3 artworks of which each is limited to 1000 copies).
3. Bunch of special features.... which I won't go into detail about at this point.
4. Current distributor has rights for the US territories until somewhen in 2018!
5. Only because our release comes out of Germany, it does not mean that we invest less work, money and time into the quality.

MORE INFOS SOON! We have our FROGTOWN release now ahead while working on ELVIRA.

I can't wait to get a release date.... I will snatch a copy up before you can choke out the word sold....
Old 04-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #28

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-ray Neo View Post
I can't wait to get a release date.... I will snatch a copy up before you can choke out the word sold....
That's why I keep all info from the public, because there is also something going regarding special features and I want to be 100 percent sure once we announce it. Then there will be a release date, final artwork, specs and a pre-order link.

On ELVIRA we do everything pretty much from the scratch, so we pay attention to all details.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:22 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W

Quote:
That's why I keep all info from the public, because there is also something going regarding special features and I want to be 100 percent sure once we announce it. Then there will be a release date, final artwork, specs and a pre-order link.

On ELVIRA we do everything pretty much from the scratch, so we pay attention to all details.
You just made my day! Thanks so much for this! I wish Cassandra would give out the BD rights for Haunted Hills. Both are hilarious!

I wonder if we'll ever see Elvira's Movie Macabre on Blu. That'd kick Rambo Elvira ass!

Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free 3D/4K
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
Old 04-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #30

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Orlok View Post
You just made my day! Thanks so much for this! I wish Cassandra would give out the BD rights for Haunted Hills. Both are hilarious!

I wonder if we'll ever see Elvira's Movie Macabre on Blu. That'd kick Rambo Elvira ass!

I am sure she (Cassandra Peterson and her Manager) would give out a blu-ray license but the question is if their demands might be reasonable. It does not help to release a movie if you cannot recoup investments or second case you get drowned in royalty payments which makes all the work (since there appears to be no HD-scan yet) les appealing to a distributor, because it clearly limits the financial outlook of the release.

However we are working very close now with the servicing department at Lakeshore regarding image and sound of ELVIRA-MOTD and once everything regarding special features might be cleared, I can make an announcement with all details. Before that I won't!
Old 04-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W

Quote:
I am sure she (Cassandra Peterson and her Manager) would give out a blu-ray license but the question is if their demands might be reasonable. It does not help to release a movie if you cannot recoup investments or second case you get drowned in royalty payments which makes all the work (since there appears to be no HD-scan yet) les appealing to a distributor, because it clearly limits the financial outlook of the release.

However we are working very close now with the servicing department at Lakeshore regarding image and sound of ELVIRA-MOTD and once everything regarding special features might be cleared, I can make an announcement with all details. Before that I won't!
I know you've said that this will only be available in Germany and that you'll update us later, but will it be English friendly in terms of extras?

I wonder what kind of packaging you guys are cooking up! A steelbook with a landscape photo of Elvira sitting on her couch would be awesome!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #32

Feb 2016

english as well as german subs on all special features.
60 Page booklet (30page english version because authors are native english speakers / 30 page translated german version).
Packaging: Digibook with special printing options.
3 Disc-Set (DVD + BD50 + BD50)

As for encoding and authoring, our partnerstudio is one of the few here in Germany which uses Scenarist BD and high end encoders for independent releases, most others use DoStudio. As for the audio, DTS-HD (MA) will be used, providing best sound possible from the given sources.

It will be available for order to all around the world from the beginning. Can't change that we are the first to focus on this movie for a special edition blu-ray.

Last edited by Cinespectral Films; 04-22-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: add. info
Thanks given by:
Count Orlok (04-22-2016), deltatauhobbit (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #33
Power Member

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
60 Page booklet (30page english version because authors are native english speakers / 30 page translated german version).

As for encoding and authoring, our partnerstudio is one of the few here in Germany which uses Scenarist BD and high end encoders for independent releases, most others use DoStudio. As for the audio, DTS-HD (MA) will be used, providing best sound possible from the given sources.

It will be available for order to all around the world from the beginning. Can't change that we are the first to focus on this movie for a special edition blu-ray.
Sounds awesome! I won't be missing any opportunity to see Elvira in HD. Also quite interested in picking up Frogtown since I missed Arrow's release of it. Keep the info coming, it's much appreciated!
Home Theater Setup
Projector: BenQ HT1085ST 1080P 3D DLP
Screen: Elite Screens M100XWH-E24 Manual 100" 16:9 w/ 24" Drop
Receiver: Yamaha RX-v379 5.1 Channel
Sound: Yamaha NS-PZ40BL Speakers & NS-SW40BL Subwoofer
Player: Sony BDP-S5200 Region Free Modded
Accessories: Nexera 101915 Pinnacle Cabinet, Sewell BlastIR SW-29311 IR Extender, SainSonic SSZ-200DLB 3D Glasses
Old 04-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W

Quote:

Old 04-23-2016, 05:54 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W

Is there s possibility that it'll have a 5.1 remix? Of course the original mix is best, but just an interesting thought.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #36
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Brazil

Quote:
I don't like to get pressured to release any info about the ELVIRA release prior to having every confirmed ready.

So far a few confirmed facts:

2. It is going to be a strictly limited 3 Disc-Set in special packaging (3 artworks of which each is limited to 1000 copies).
3. Bunch of special features.... which I won't go into detail about at this point.
4. Current distributor has rights for the US territories until somewhen in 2018!
5. Only because our release comes out of Germany, it does not mean that we invest less work, money and time into the quality.

MORE INFOS SOON! We have our FROGTOWN release now ahead while working on ELVIRA.
Can't wait to see the Mistress of the Dark in HD
This limited edition will be released in 2018?
''You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo's, I saw it.'' - Emily Charlton

If anyone who lives or will come to Brazil is selling/trading The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 40th Anniversary Edition (any edition from any country, with english subtitles), please PM me
Old 04-23-2016, 07:35 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke B. View Post
Can't wait to see the Mistress of the Dark in HD
This limited edition will be released in 2018?
Probably sometime before then. I believe Image still owns the rights here in the US, but not in Germany.
Thanks given by:
Luke B. (04-24-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #38

Feb 2016

Our limited edition will be released this year. We are checking right now with lakeshore the materials for the audio.

Image owns the rights for the US till somewhen in 2018, yes correct.
Thanks given by:
Luke B. (04-24-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #39
Expert Member

Mar 2016
You will have to find me to figure that out!

Quote:
To make it clear and not to be accused of faking anything:

The scan will be done in 4K from the interpositive frame by frame on a highend machine, but will be downsampled to 2K within the process. We made this decision because the only provided 35mm source is an interpositive and not any original negative. So 4Kto2K is a reasonable way to get most of the image-information. 4K with 4K workflow would have been a good decision, if we would have had access to any negative print. Also 4K with 4k workflow would be much more expensive. I think DeLuxe is a good choice to perform the scan at.

Don't worry, it is not going to be like MOONTRAP! haha

HAUNTED HILLS is owned by Cassandra Peterson unlike her first movie ELVIRA - MOTD.
Wow! Germany has done a lot of good to the cult movie scene! We've had the restorations of Re-Animator, Society and Bride of Re-Animator come from Germany, so I don't expect any less to be done!
Criterion is nice,
Arrow is too.
Mention Echo Bridge,
Well, no one will miss you.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #40

Feb 2016

The only issue we have right now is to locate a 35mm reel of the original trailer! Can't believe that all these people are cutting their reels into pieces to sell them on eBay!
Thanks given by:
Luke B. (04-24-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists