Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$13.81
Streets of Fire (Blu-ray)
$14.46
The Martian 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.93
They Live by Night (Blu-ray)
$17.23
Evil Ed (Blu-ray)
$15.31
Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$16.16
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.09
Transformers: The Last Knight 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Victims! (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Bad Day at Black Rock (Blu-ray)
$11.10
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #41
whiteberry whiteberry is offline
Expert Member
 
Jun 2013
Default

Can you get the audio commentary track that was on the Australian DVD?
https://www.facebook.com/TheRealElvi...65154266951280
http://monsterpictures.com.au/shop/e...s-of-the-dark/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #42
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

Monster Pictures only has the rights on the commentary for australia. We were in touch with cassandra peterson half a year ago about this and also about the BTS footage.

As already explained the management is tough. So at this point I cannot deny but also not confirm anything regarding contents which are in possession of Queen "B" Productions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:11 AM   #43
Count Orlok Count Orlok is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Count Orlok's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W
58
1139
42
144
8
149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
Monster Pictures only has the rights on the commentary for australia. We were in touch with cassandra peterson half a year ago about this and also about the BTS footage.

As already explained the management is tough. So at this point I cannot deny but also not confirm anything regarding contents which are in possession of Queen "B" Productions.
I wonder if Cassandra would be nice enough to autograph a few copies for you guys to sell directly. I'd sure as hell buy one signed copy and one to watch until I wear the disc out.
Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 3D Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free 3D/4K
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #44
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

I think this might be impossible, I advise to get copies signed yourself at a convention or at other shows she does through the year.

But another good news, the interpositive will arrive at DeLuxe in LA today, so we are getting closer to the official announcement, with all the info and probably some quality comparisons to the older DVD releases.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Count Orlok (04-30-2016), deltatauhobbit (04-29-2016), FarewelltotheFlesh (06-15-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #45
Count Orlok Count Orlok is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Count Orlok's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W
58
1139
42
144
8
149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
I think this might be impossible, I advise to get copies signed yourself at a convention or at other shows she does through the year.

But another good news, the interpositive will arrive at DeLuxe in LA today, so we are getting closer to the official announcement, with all the info and probably some quality comparisons to the older DVD releases.
I'd love to meet her one day. She's the queen of comebacks. This is some of the best news I've read in awhile.
Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 3D Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free 3D/4K
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:38 AM   #46
Brandish Brandish is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Brandish's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
NC, Earth
5
1221
4
Default

Enjoyed the film, I'll definitely be picking it up when it gets released...
I like it when a plan comes together, like in a movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Count Orlok (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #47
gothic_hobbit gothic_hobbit is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2010
Default

I can't wait for this.

Roll on the bluray.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #48
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

Well first we will take care of the fresh new scan. And then about the touch up, because if you pay attention on the last dvd-releases (UK and US), they both used the newer sd-scan which showed a lot of dirt and stuff and was even inferior to the older anchor bay scan. We got both those scans in their "uncompressed" ProRes formats and looked at them in detail, since it was discussed to take the anchor bay version as a color reference, though even their finetuning will be needed.

And like I said, for the special features everything has to be pretty much secured to make a reliable announcement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #49
wonkavision wonkavision is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
wonkavision's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
California
876
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
Well first we will take care of the fresh new scan. And then about the touch up, because if you pay attention on the last dvd-releases (UK and US), they both used the newer sd-scan which showed a lot of dirt and stuff and was even inferior to the older anchor bay scan. We got both those scans in their "uncompressed" ProRes formats and looked at them in detail, since it was discussed to take the anchor bay version as a color reference, though even their finetuning will be needed.

And like I said, for the special features everything has to be pretty much secured to make a reliable announcement.
Have fun with your restoration and I am following this thread closely as I'm really looking forward to the final product, just hope it is Region Free.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #50
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkavision View Post
Have fun with your restoration and I am following this thread closely as I'm really looking forward to the final product, just hope it is Region Free.

Well.... our release is very english friendly, like I already said.

Last edited by Cinespectral Films; 05-02-2016 at 03:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
wonkavision (05-02-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #51
Count Orlok Count Orlok is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Count Orlok's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W
58
1139
42
144
8
149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
Well.... our release is very english friendly, like I already said.
Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 3D Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free 3D/4K
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #52
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

We are not going to cheer up until everything is finished and confirmed At least we can finally make the announcement for our FROGTOWN release incl. pre-order by next week. It's always bumpy when you start a new company.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Count Orlok (05-07-2016), deltatauhobbit (05-06-2016), FarewelltotheFlesh (06-15-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #53
deltatauhobbit deltatauhobbit is offline
Power Member
 
deltatauhobbit's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Maine, USA
15
1378
229
194
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
We are not going to cheer up until everything is finished and confirmed At least we can finally make the announcement for our FROGTOWN release incl. pre-order by next week. It's always bumpy when you start a new company.
Glad to hear it! Any idea what sites Frogtown will be available to pre-order at?
Home Theater Setup
Projector: BenQ HT1085ST 1080P 3D DLP
Screen: Elite Screens M100XWH-E24 Manual 100" 16:9 w/ 24" Drop
Receiver: Yamaha RX-v379 5.1 Channel
Sound: Yamaha NS-PZ40BL Speakers & NS-SW40BL Subwoofer
Player: Sony BDP-S5200 Region Free Modded
Accessories: Nexera 101915 Pinnacle Cabinet, Sewell BlastIR SW-29311 IR Extender, SainSonic SSZ-200DLB 3D Glasses
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #54
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatauhobbit View Post
Glad to hear it! Any idea what sites Frogtown will be available to pre-order at?
You will be able to order it from our shop (payment via paypal, amazon payments etc.) and we will also list it straight on amazon though it will be fulfilled by our shop. Sorry has to be, otherwise not much is ending up on our side. The packaging on an order of up to 3 copies (maximum per order) will be a stable cardboard with enough free space and air buffers, so no damage can be caused to the special packaging. That's all the stuff we were evaluating the last months to offer a feasible option to international customers.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Count Orlok (05-07-2016), deltatauhobbit (05-06-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 02:39 AM   #55
Count Orlok Count Orlok is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Count Orlok's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W
58
1139
42
144
8
149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
We are not going to cheer up until everything is finished and confirmed At least we can finally make the announcement for our FROGTOWN release incl. pre-order by next week. It's always bumpy when you start a new company.
I'm happy no matter what, I'm just excited for everything that's up your sleeves!
Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 3D Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free 3D/4K
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #56
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

And we are only happy if we are able to put out releases of decent quality. As for FROGTOWN someone wrote on FB which transfer we will be using. The FROGTOWN hd-scan was produced by LAKESHORE ENTERTAINMENT and that is the only one a licensee can get. The quality is ok and we did not change anything on the noise et al, so you will have the identical PQ like the ARROW VIDEO release. Though we have the old AC on board, as well as a the original stereo track and an additional 5.1 option.

ELVIRA gets a different treatment. This means we picked DeLuxe as the company to perform the 4Kto2K frame by frame scan (no continuos telecine) on the lasergraphics director, while we made the decision to do the color correction and restoration on our end. Given the fact that we have to deal with an I/P 35mm print, we are keen to achieve best quality possible, also at the very end when it comes to the encoding of the final blu-ray.

We have to wait now for DeLuxe and once we got the DPX files, we can give further info.

Last edited by Cinespectral Films; 05-07-2016 at 02:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Count Orlok (05-14-2016), FarewelltotheFlesh (06-15-2016), OgamiittoMcJ (08-15-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 03:55 PM   #57
Qbl Qbl is offline
New Member
 
May 2016
Default

Hi. I'd like to know which aspect ratio will be used on the bluray. I've read that this movie was filmed to be watched on a 4:3 display. The widescreen version is just the letterbox one with the top and bottom of the picture removed to fit a 16:9 screen.

Because of this, some visual jokes are missing on the widescreen version. I can't post pictures or links since I haven't posted 10 times yet.

I've compared both versions to confirm this. For the widescreen version I've used the R1 release by Image Entertainment and the R4 release by Monster Pictures (as the video stream is exactly the same) and for the letterbox version I've used the R2 edition by Cinema Club.

On the 4:3 version we can clearly see a pair of garlic heads hanging from the macabre mobile's rear view mirror, while on the widescreen version they're barely visible. The spikes around the dashboard and the skull on top of the parking brake can't be seen on the widescreen version. On the 4:3 version we can see the creepy guy at the gas station raising his leg when he farts.
There are more examples through the movie like a Pee-Wee Herman doll on Elvira's dressing room, an Elvis t-shirt Elvira is wearing when she wakes up from a nightmare or the wheels under a giant tomato when they're watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Is the bluray including two BR discs because of the amount of extras or is it because it will include both the widescreen and letterbox versions?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #58
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbl View Post
Hi. I'd like to know which aspect ratio will be used on the bluray. I've read that this movie was filmed to be watched on a 4:3 display. The widescreen version is just the letterbox one with the top and bottom of the picture removed to fit a 16:9 screen.

Because of this, some visual jokes are missing on the widescreen version. I can't post pictures or links since I haven't posted 10 times yet.

I've compared both versions to confirm this. For the widescreen version I've used the R1 release by Image Entertainment and the R4 release by Monster Pictures (as the video stream is exactly the same) and for the letterbox version I've used the R2 edition by Cinema Club.

On the 4:3 version we can clearly see a pair of garlic heads hanging from the macabre mobile's rear view mirror, while on the widescreen version they're barely visible. The spikes around the dashboard and the skull on top of the parking brake can't be seen on the widescreen version. On the 4:3 version we can see the creepy guy at the gas station raising his leg when he farts.
There are more examples through the movie like a Pee-Wee Herman doll on Elvira's dressing room, an Elvis t-shirt Elvira is wearing when she wakes up from a nightmare or the wheels under a giant tomato when they're watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Is the bluray including two BR discs because of the amount of extras or is it because it will include both the widescreen and letterbox versions?
First of all the intended OAR is 1.85:1 and not 4:3. Then I can tell you for sure that the Monster Pictures and the IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT releases are not EXACTLY the same, since the Monster Pictures release reflects the older Anchor Bay scan and the IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT is based on a newer (but all in all inferior) scan by Lakeshore. Also both scans differ in their framing! I have both scans as original ProRes files, so I compared that. However, I cannot make out in which scenes the garlickheads and spikes should be not visible. Also in the 1.85:1 version the little PeeWee Hermann puppet is clearly visible on the top right of the screen??!

So please provide the following info:

1. Source which claims that full frame (open matte) was the intended OAR.
2. Timecodes of the scenes you refer to, then I could review the issues you are talking about.


Disc 3 is special features only to provide enough space for the movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
deltatauhobbit (06-01-2016), FarewelltotheFlesh (06-15-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #59
Qbl Qbl is offline
New Member
 
May 2016
Default

I read it on IMDB:

Code:
imdb.com/title/tt0095088/alternateversions

imdb.com/title/tt0095088/board/thread/85556787
I've uploaded pictures comparing both versions:

Code:
postimg.org/gallery/pv8g3h34/
This movie looks way better in 4:3, that's the format they used when it was broadcasted on TV in the 1990's. Usually when a 16:9 movie is formatted to 4:3 it loses important portions of the picture on both sides, but in this case, it's the opposite, useful stuff is cut in the widescreen version.

Last edited by Qbl; 06-03-2016 at 10:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #60
Cinespectral Films Cinespectral Films is offline
Active Member
 
Cinespectral Films's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Default

If I may quote your first imdb-source:

Quote:
This is because the movie was shot in fullscreen, and matted for theaters. The extra space in the fullscreen version is dead space that was never meant to be seen.
If you put a movie 4:3 on a blu-ray in 1080p, you will lose resolution and with that again information/detail of the video. I respect your point of view on the 4:3 version, but it never was intended. Your comparison greatly shows that all elements are still visible. Especially the Elvis shirt is still visible once Elvira lays herself on the side to go back to sleep again.

If we would go with your theory about widescreen vs. fullframe, then we would have to apply it on most other NEW WORLD PICTURES titles, as well as movies like NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and the infamous TERMINATOR 3. I never have seen anybody complaining about the 16:9 framing of DEAD HEAT, HELLRAISER SERIES, HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN, HEATHERS et al.

The widescreen version on the blu-ray will show the movie in its intended original aspectratio, using the full 1080p resolution to present all intented picture elements. The elements you talked about will still be visible and do not completely disappear, which clearly speaks against the 4:3 version (plus its reduced resolution/detail). Your comparison greatly shows that, the T-Shirt is visible just few seconds later in the 16:9 version.

The blu-ray will feature the movie in its OAR like it was intented.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57 AM.