Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$58.49
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$58.49
Outlaw Star: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.79
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
The Transformers: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.69
The Paul Naschy Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
La La Land 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Underworld: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Manchester by the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 01-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #641

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
At this point, the Cinespectral-crikan war is pretty entertaining, though. I'd love it if the release could be further delayed so this thread could be added as a supplement.

Like I wrote before, he can post normal questions, which will get answered. Everything else will get ignored.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (01-27-2017), fnvmaster (01-27-2017), whiteberry (01-27-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #642
Special Member

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films View Post
So we an confirm that 3 never before released 1987 BTS specials will be included on the special features Blu-ray of the set. These specials include a 1987 set-tour (through the soundstage) and a short special on the macabre mobile.

Here's the hoax company's identity intro which will be used on all releases:

Cinespectral Films 2017 Intro - YouTube
What an elaborate hoax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pEgLeG View Post
So, you're under the impression that your only two options are to either kiss ass or be an ass? Interesting. Personally, I think you're just starving for attention, whether it be positive or negative, and it makes you feel important when the focus of the thread shifts to you.

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
fnvmaster (01-29-2017), pEgLeG (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #643

Sep 2016

Alright, alright, alright! I’ve stood by on the sidelines of this thread for far too long and intend on this being my first and only response to all that has been posted.

First and foremost, this release will be, to date the most extensive, comprehensive and elaborate that the fans have EVER seen. How do I know this? For the past three months I have been working on the inside of the development. It is mind-blowing what Cinespectral has managed to pull off in regards of materials collected as well as the cast and crew of the film who were involved. I mean hell, Cassandra Peterson took part in this! Not to mention the amazing quality of the actual film itself.

Secondly, you may go “Who is this guy?”

I’m Patterson Lundquist. For the non-Elvira fan you are likely going “who?” For the Elvira fans you may know who I am immediately. Or you might not. I own elviramistressofthedark.com and I co-starred with Elvira on “The Search for the Next Elvira” in 2007 as the “nice” judge as well as the makeup artist for the finalists. I worked with Cassandra Peterson for roughly eight years. She has stated numerous times, I know more about Elvira than she does.

I can tell you each and every delay that has been documented in this thread was caused by Cinespectral Films dedication to giving the fans the most comprehensive, detailed and jam-packed Blu-ray release for “Elvira Mistress of the Dark” possible. As they have already noted, the delays came due to a variety of reasons. Aside from complications with Amazon Payments, content is key with this release. Cinespectral has been working tirelessly on this project for well over a year now. This alone has worn their nerves thin. If I had been in their position, I promise you I would have tapped out long ago.

When you have invested this much time in a project two things happen. Excitement for releasing information grows and patience tends to grows thin. Understanding the fans desire for an “insider” line of information they began giving information to bolster enthusiasm for the release. Patience wears thin when negativity is received. When you have invested so much in something and negativity is received the unavoidable result is a short fuse.

It’s obvious that many reading (and commenting) on this thread are aching for both details and a release date for pre-order. I can tell you that the lapse of the original release date and the unlisted date for pre-order has been for one reason alone.

NEW Content.

Unexpectedly, very rare materials became available. The collection and formatting of this material made the initial release impossible. This content was not sitting on the sidelines or potentially available and suddenly added at the last minute. The initial release was set as the content at that time was finalized and considered all that was available. However when a production comes into the possession of content that will increase the appeal of a product exponentially, the only logical thing to do is push the release forward. Then when least expected yet ANOTHER source appears and suddenly, MORE content becomes available. Again, logically formatting of the newly acquired content extends the release even further which requires MORE patience.

So the question becomes: Do you want the most comprehensive Blu-ray release of “Elvira Mistress of the Dark”? Or would you have rather a release where the distributor mentions that they didn’t have time to put more materials in the package which they had in their possession? Wouldn’t you rather get everything at once? Or would you rather they say “Later this year, we’ll release another with the added content we didn’t put on this one.”

I think logically most people would agree that fans would rather wait for one release where all the bonus content is included. I know I’d rather not have to buy multiple copies in the future for a bit of new content here and there. Having it all in one amazing package is really the ultimate addition to any collection. This Blu-ray is THAT package. I say that not just because I have been deeply involved, but because first and foremost, I’m a fan of Elvira.

Yes, I agree, it’s been frustrating that December came and went. January is nearly over and the disks are not in your players right now. But I can tell you, what was in the Blu-ray package in November, as awesome as it was then, pales in comparison to what will be in it now. I’m serious, it’s going to knock your socks off. I’ve seen it all and I AM EXCITED!
So as the last bits of this release are wrapped up and completed try to remember this:

Yes, you are potential customers. Yes, you are willing to spend money. Yes, you are anxious and excited about this release. You haven’t however gone through everything Cinespectral has, from licensing, collection of materials, formatting of footage, contacting, scheduling, booking, shooting of cast and crew, digitizing of images and materials, restoration of vintage reels and footage, designing of packing, restoration of photography, negotiating deals… SPENDING MONEY.

So if you feel annoyed about the delay, if you feel annoyed about the quality of communication here on the forum, if you feel annoyed that Cinespectral replied in a snarky way. Take a step back, stop and reconsider that aside from reading, writing and checking in on this thread, you did not have to go through over a year of everything I just listed. All you have to do is have patience and be ready to buy the Blu-ray and have your socks knocked off when you see just how awesome this release is.
Trust me, I’m a huge fan of Elvira and even though I’ve seen everything in this release, I am extremely anxious to actually hold it in my hands and watch it on my television. I love it already and I know you will too.
Thanks given by:
Beast (01-28-2017), cgm13 (01-30-2017), Chedwiggen (01-28-2017), cotts902 (01-29-2017), Count Orlok (01-31-2017), Crow T. Robot (02-02-2017), deltatauhobbit (01-29-2017), El_Fez (02-01-2017), FarewelltotheFlesh (02-11-2017), fnvmaster (01-29-2017), formula_nebula (01-28-2017), hagios (01-29-2017), Hedji (01-28-2017), hockeyshark91 (01-28-2017), jmoomer (01-28-2017), LouieLouie (02-14-2017), NoirFan (01-30-2017), OgamiittoMcJ (01-31-2017), pEgLeG (01-28-2017), postmodel (01-28-2017), PrestonXI (01-28-2017), Spooked (02-13-2017), steve_dave (01-31-2017), whiteberry (02-01-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #644

Jan 2015

Awesome, awesome post. Thanks so much for all that you do. It's a great time to be a fan of Elvira, and I thank you for clarifying and saying what needed to be said. Please say hi to Cassandra for me. (I named my cat Elvira).
MOST WANTED BLU-RAY RELEASES: The Black Hole, Dawn of the Dead 3D, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Explorers, Supergirl, ORCA, SpaceHunter 3D, V Miniseries, Suspira, Young Sherlock Holmes
Thanks given by:
FarewelltotheFlesh (02-11-2017), fnvmaster (01-29-2017), hockeyshark91 (01-29-2017), TangibleDreams (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 PM   #645
Power Member

Oct 2008
Uranus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
Awesome, awesome post. Thanks so much for all that you do. It's a great time to be a fan of Elvira, and I thank you for clarifying and saying what needed to be said. Please say hi to Cassandra for me. (I named my cat Elvira).
Seconded.

Indeed!
Thanks given by:
FarewelltotheFlesh (02-11-2017), hockeyshark91 (01-28-2017), TangibleDreams (01-28-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #646

Aug 2012

[Show spoiler]Alright, alright, alright! I’ve stood by on the sidelines of this thread for far too long and intend on this being my first and only response to all that has been posted.

First and foremost, this release will be, to date the most extensive, comprehensive and elaborate that the fans have EVER seen. How do I know this? For the past three months I have been working on the inside of the development. It is mind-blowing what Cinespectral has managed to pull off in regards of materials collected as well as the cast and crew of the film who were involved. I mean hell, Cassandra Peterson took part in this! Not to mention the amazing quality of the actual film itself.

Secondly, you may go “Who is this guy?”

I’m Patterson Lundquist. For the non-Elvira fan you are likely going “who?” For the Elvira fans you may know who I am immediately. Or you might not. I own elviramistressofthedark.com and I co-starred with Elvira on “The Search for the Next Elvira” in 2007 as the “nice” judge as well as the makeup artist for the finalists. I worked with Cassandra Peterson for roughly eight years. She has stated numerous times, I know more about Elvira than she does.

I can tell you each and every delay that has been documented in this thread was caused by Cinespectral Films dedication to giving the fans the most comprehensive, detailed and jam-packed Blu-ray release for “Elvira Mistress of the Dark” possible. As they have already noted, the delays came due to a variety of reasons. Aside from complications with Amazon Payments, content is key with this release. Cinespectral has been working tirelessly on this project for well over a year now. This alone has worn their nerves thin. If I had been in their position, I promise you I would have tapped out long ago.

When you have invested this much time in a project two things happen. Excitement for releasing information grows and patience tends to grows thin. Understanding the fans desire for an “insider” line of information they began giving information to bolster enthusiasm for the release. Patience wears thin when negativity is received. When you have invested so much in something and negativity is received the unavoidable result is a short fuse.

It’s obvious that many reading (and commenting) on this thread are aching for both details and a release date for pre-order. I can tell you that the lapse of the original release date and the unlisted date for pre-order has been for one reason alone.

NEW Content.

Unexpectedly, very rare materials became available. The collection and formatting of this material made the initial release impossible. This content was not sitting on the sidelines or potentially available and suddenly added at the last minute. The initial release was set as the content at that time was finalized and considered all that was available. However when a production comes into the possession of content that will increase the appeal of a product exponentially, the only logical thing to do is push the release forward. Then when least expected yet ANOTHER source appears and suddenly, MORE content becomes available. Again, logically formatting of the newly acquired content extends the release even further which requires MORE patience.

So the question becomes: Do you want the most comprehensive Blu-ray release of “Elvira Mistress of the Dark”? Or would you have rather a release where the distributor mentions that they didn’t have time to put more materials in the package which they had in their possession? Wouldn’t you rather get everything at once? Or would you rather they say “Later this year, we’ll release another with the added content we didn’t put on this one.”

I think logically most people would agree that fans would rather wait for one release where all the bonus content is included. I know I’d rather not have to buy multiple copies in the future for a bit of new content here and there. Having it all in one amazing package is really the ultimate addition to any collection. This Blu-ray is THAT package. I say that not just because I have been deeply involved, but because first and foremost, I’m a fan of Elvira.

Yes, I agree, it’s been frustrating that December came and went. January is nearly over and the disks are not in your players right now. But I can tell you, what was in the Blu-ray package in November, as awesome as it was then, pales in comparison to what will be in it now. I’m serious, it’s going to knock your socks off. I’ve seen it all and I AM EXCITED!
So as the last bits of this release are wrapped up and completed try to remember this:

Yes, you are potential customers. Yes, you are willing to spend money. Yes, you are anxious and excited about this release. You haven’t however gone through everything Cinespectral has, from licensing, collection of materials, formatting of footage, contacting, scheduling, booking, shooting of cast and crew, digitizing of images and materials, restoration of vintage reels and footage, designing of packing, restoration of photography, negotiating deals… SPENDING MONEY.

So if you feel annoyed about the delay, if you feel annoyed about the quality of communication here on the forum, if you feel annoyed that Cinespectral replied in a snarky way. Take a step back, stop and reconsider that aside from reading, writing and checking in on this thread, you did not have to go through over a year of everything I just listed. All you have to do is have patience and be ready to buy the Blu-ray and have your socks knocked off when you see just how awesome this release is.
Trust me, I’m a huge fan of Elvira and even though I’ve seen everything in this release, I am extremely anxious to actually hold it in my hands and watch it on my television. I love it already and I know you will too.

Wishlist:
How to steal a million, The linguini incident, Green card, True lies, Girl with a pearl earring, Private Benjamin.
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (02-02-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 03:56 PM   #647

Apr 2010
Kansas

Thank you Patterson.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:58 PM   #648

Sep 2012

Any updates? Have you collected all the extra material yet? Is the price still holding at around $40? Is it looking like it might be ready for release within the next 4 or 5 months?
Old 02-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #649
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
41.7325° N, 49.9469° W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedwiggen View Post
Any updates? Have you collected all the extra material yet? Is the price still holding at around $40? Is it looking like it might be ready for release within the next 4 or 5 months?
My guess...

Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free 3D/4K
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
Thanks given by:
Chedwiggen (02-08-2017), fnvmaster (02-08-2017), pEgLeG (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #650
Special Member

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #651

Feb 2016

All special features which we were able to get ahold of or which were offered to us are now ready. So to answer that question, yes that part is finished.
Thanks given by:
Beast (02-09-2017), Chedwiggen (02-08-2017), FarewelltotheFlesh (02-11-2017), fnvmaster (02-08-2017), geoff (02-08-2017), Hedji (02-08-2017), hockeyshark91 (02-17-2017), NoirFan (02-08-2017), pEgLeG (02-08-2017), PrestonXI (02-08-2017), Spooked (02-13-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #652
Special Member

Oct 2012
Funkytown

So all that's left is to master the disc, press a test disc, run it through some beta testing, and then replication and distribution! We're almost there!
Thanks given by:
fnvmaster (02-08-2017), pEgLeG (02-08-2017), Spooked (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:17 PM   #653
Expert Member

Aug 2013
Washington

Thank you for the updates!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #654
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
41.7325° N, 49.9469° W

Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Region Free 3D/4K
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
Old 02-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #655
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
California

Read a new post on their FB page and reading through the comments and Cinespectral answers, looks like it will be available at some point in April, maybe in time for HorrorCon UK in May.

That's all I got.
Thanks given by:
NoirFan (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 02:29 AM   #656
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

After April 8th at least:

Quote:
I am seeing Elvira at a signing on April 8th, will I be able to get the blu ray in my hands before then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinespectral Films
We are very sorry, but the release date will be later than that.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #657

Apr 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Send a message via AIM to nymets138

Release date is April 24:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/02/28/elvi...-dark-blu-ray/

Pre-order goes up today:

https://movie2shop.com/en/
Thanks given by:
Beast (02-28-2017), cotts902 (03-01-2017), deltatauhobbit (03-03-2017), fnvmaster (03-02-2017), Hellhound (02-28-2017), NoirFan (02-28-2017), OgamiittoMcJ (02-28-2017), pEgLeG (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #658
Special Member

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:
Blu-ray extras will include an introduction by director James Signorelli, a new documentary called Too Macabre — The Making of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, a featurette on the film’s special effects team, three never-before-released behind-the-scenes clips, seven original storyboard sequences, trailers, the film’s script, and a stills gallery. The set also features three commentaries: a 2012 track featuring Peterson and costars Edie McClurg and John Paragon, and new commentaries with Signorelli (hosted by former Fangoria editor Tony Timpone) and with elviramistressofthedark.com webmaster Patterson Lundquist. Finally, an illustrated 60-page booklet with never-before-seen production stills and international artwork is also included in the package.
That's it? Meh. I thought this was suppose to be special!

[Show spoiler]
Old 02-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #659
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Nice to see it get a plug at Entertainment Weekly. Incidentally, the coffee table book is quite nice if anyone was debating a purchase. All high-quality, glossy, full-page photos/collages (in chronological order so you can chart her career/look), with some amusing bits of text from Elvira thrown in.
Thanks given by:
fnvmaster (03-02-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #660

Oct 2009
Australia
-
-

It's coming up to 9pm in Germany so it might be a bit late to open the pre-order today.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists