Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #501

Jan 2012

TrekCore has confirmed the S2 release dates for late August 2013.

S2 thread here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....77#post7517377
Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #502
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I can't remember exactly but didn't Mayweather grow up on a ship with the gravity slightly altered? I would have thought that would have lead to some kind of physical impairment if only slight.
His dad kept it just under 1g so that there was a little bounce in their step, doubt that would have a major impact.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #503
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

As a Star Trek fan, and even as a fan of this show in particular, I'm on the fence on this one. Even at $49.99.

Why?

Well, we have Amazon Prime and can already watch the somewhat lackluster HD masters of this show there for "free."

Are the deleted scenes and all those VAM documentaries really worth 50 bucks?

The original series has sometimes gone as low as $40, and so my guess is that Enterprise might get there too at some point.

On the other hand, buying these sets might help support the remasters of DS9 and Voyager, which are the shows I really want.

Anyone have any thoughts? How good is the VAM here?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:24 AM   #504
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Ended up getting it for 49.99, and I'm glad I did.

Excellent three part documentary about the launching of the show, and the making of the first season. It was worth it imho.

Will probably start watching the episodes in a week or two, once we get done with S2 of Once Upon a Time.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #505
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

In the documentaries for the first season, head writer Brandon Braga is brutally honest about the rough time his team had writing the first season of Enterprise. He hired a lot of people who weren't familiar with past Trek shows, and as you can imagine that was a big mistake. They didn't know the history, the technology, the different people, the ingredients that went into a Trek episode, etc. Only one of the new writers survived until the end of the season. Braga ended up rewriting most of the episodes himself, but he admits that some of them are pretty weak. He looks a little bit broken up about it to this day. But he's also proud of the episodes that did work out.

Scott Bakula comes off as a real good guy. Like the other captains, he was key, and a leader in the show and with the cast in real life. He was a total team player according to Braga and some others, and would do things like help move boxes when they were on location whenever it was needed. When the head of special effects won an Emmy that year, Bakula called him up from New York and gave him a heartfelt thanks. The FX guy really looked touched, and like it was maybe not something the other captains had done when they won during earlier years. The FX guy said that the studio took the technical awards almost for granted, and didn't make any fuss about them. He made a light-hearted joke about the fact that many people feel there's "just a button you push for creating a new effect"--like transporting when running down the hallways. Anyway, it was interesting stuff.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #506
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

This set now less than $45 at amzn. Lowest price ever. Worth it, imho, at this price point. This is an uneven season, but there are still some classic episodes of Trek here.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #507

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

I paid release day price and have not regretted it, but Im a huge ST fan (the shows).....I agree the season is a little rough and a lot of the episodes deal with themes and ideas that have been done to death on the other four shows, but its still good TV. One of the things you will notice about Enterprise, at least in the first couple of seasons, is Bakula musing on how he thinks the Federation needs some kind of Prime Directive or rules to govern contact with other civilizations.....in contrast to the other shows where the crew rubs against this already established directive. There are a lot of little inside winks to later established terms and technologies like how Red Alert was named.

At $45 Id recommend picking it up without any reservations if you like Trek and have an open mind.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #508
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Colorado, USA
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorhees View Post
I paid release day price and have not regretted it, but Im a huge ST fan
+1

I will continue to pick up every ST series on release day!
Looking for a Twilight Zone Season 3 Blu Slip! Hook me up!!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #509
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

Is anybody else here bothered that Seasons 1 & 2 of Star Trek Enterprise show up as "Enterprise: Season 1 or Season 2" in your BD library/collection? Season 3 comes up as "Star Trek: Enterprise - Season 3". I realize the show was originally named just enterprise then renamed for seasons 3 & 4, but I personally find it very irritating that the first 2 seasons were added as just "Enterprise". I'd like all my star trek tiles to be under "Star Trek" and also the slides of the first 2 seasons say "Star Trek: Enterprise". I've personally tried to fix this by editing the first 2 seasons titles, but i guess the powers that be didn't like that because the changes have yet to show up. So i'd just like to know where everyone else stands. Maybe if enough of us care we can persuade whomever to re-name the first 2 seasons "Star Trek: Enterprise" so that all 4 seasons will be grouped together in your library/collection.
Fascinating... - Spock

There's ALWAYS money in the Banana Stand! - George Bluth

Son of a bit*h, I'm sick of these dolphins. - Steve Zissou
Old 01-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #510
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimforsilence View Post
Is anybody else here bothered that Seasons 1 & 2 of Star Trek Enterprise show up as "Enterprise: Season 1 or Season 2" in your BD library/collection? Season 3 comes up as "Star Trek: Enterprise - Season 3". I realize the show was originally named just enterprise then renamed for seasons 3 & 4, but I personally find it very irritating that the first 2 seasons were added as just "Enterprise". I'd like all my star trek tiles to be under "Star Trek" and also the slides of the first 2 seasons say "Star Trek: Enterprise". I've personally tried to fix this by editing the first 2 seasons titles, but i guess the powers that be didn't like that because the changes have yet to show up. So i'd just like to know where everyone else stands. Maybe if enough of us care we can persuade whomever to re-name the first 2 seasons "Star Trek: Enterprise" so that all 4 seasons will be grouped together in your library/collection.
Never noticed this but it is a little weird as once they added "Star Trek" to the name, they pretty much used that for anything concerning the show no matter when it was done. What I find really funny is that it was added because the studio didn't think people would clue in that it is a Star Trek show yet what do people call the other shows - Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager. No Star Trek needed.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #511
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
What I find really funny is that it was added because the studio didn't think people would clue in that it is a Star Trek show
I thought it was the opposite - I thought they left it off of the title originally to try to get an expanded audience who might be turned off by the name "Star Trek" (which was dumb logic in the first place). When that didn't work, they stuck the "Star Trek" name on (and, coincidentally, the show got really good).
Old 01-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #512
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 381

Quote:
I've personally tried to fix this by editing the first 2 seasons titles, but i guess the powers that be didn't like that because the changes have yet to show up. So i'd just like to know where everyone else stands.
Yep. Same show should be given the same title uniformly, especially when the Blu-ray releases all use "Star Trek" on the cover. After all, what do they think the complete box set will be called when it releases?
Old 01-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #513

Oct 2013
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
Yep. Same show should be given the same title uniformly, especially when the Blu-ray releases all use "Star Trek" on the cover. After all, what do they think the complete box set will be called when it releases?
It'll likely just be the four separate sets shrink-wrapped together like TOS.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #514
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
It'll likely just be the four separate sets shrink-wrapped together like TOS.
Still all 4 seasons are called Star Trek Enterprise. It says it on the box and the discs..
Fascinating... - Spock

Old 01-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #515
Power Member

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Is anybody else here bothered that Seasons 1 & 2 of Star Trek Enterprise show up as "Enterprise: Season 1 or Season 2" in your BD library/collection? i'd just like to know where everyone else stands.
Drives me bonkers. You're very much not alone.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #516
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I thought it was the opposite - I thought they left it off of the title originally to try to get an expanded audience who might be turned off by the name "Star Trek" (which was dumb logic in the first place). When that didn't work, they stuck the "Star Trek" name on (and, coincidentally, the show got really good).
Guess it depends on who you talk to. Either way it was dumb to change the name part way through.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #517
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

Every time I try to rename Seasons 1 & 2 it defaults back to Enterprise... ugh.. Can a mod change this once and for all please?
Fascinating... - Spock

Old 01-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #518
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Quote:
Is anybody else here bothered that Seasons 1 & 2 of Star Trek Enterprise show up as "Enterprise: Season 1 or Season 2" in your BD library/collection?
Nope.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #519
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

So i tried again to re-name season 1 & 2, even did the Best Buy exclusive Season 1. Weirdly enough my change has been successful on the BB exclusive.. but not the normal season 1 & 2.. ? what gives?
Fascinating... - Spock

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America