Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #181
Expert Member

Apr 2010
Rochester, NY

I've been a big fan of wrestling for 25 years, but I'm just bummed about the steels.

All I came across so far was Wrestlemania 28 on DVD.
Blu-Ray Total: 479
Slipcover Total: 234
Steelbook Total: 30
Stay up to date with my hauls, reviews and other movie news at MNMreviews and WeLiveFilm
Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #182
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Pembroke Pines, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moleman1138 View Post
Walmart completely changed the plan. Steels were supposed to be out and on sale until late Sept. Not only is price back up, but they're being swapped out for wrestling titles.

Easy now......could be worse. They could've been replaced by Hanna Montana DVDs.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #183
Expert Member

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moleman1138 View Post
I've been a big fan of wrestling for 25 years, but I'm just bummed about the steels.
Understandable, but they've been there a while and it's not like other stores don't also carry them.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #184
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman89 View Post

Easy now......could be worse. They could've been replaced by Hanna Montana DVDs.
At least those would sell.
Money is the anthem of success. So before we go out, what's your address?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-JULFqMqRE
Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #185
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Pembroke Pines, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by remake View Post
At least those would sell.
2 very different types of demographics. Plus, it's 2013. If a parent hasn't bought every single Hanna Montana DVD for their children by now, then shame on them!

WWE always has new documentary/PPV DVDs/Blu-rays coming out on a monthly basis, so it's understandable they're not selling like hotcakes. Only diehard fans will pick them up, and even then, if the price is low enough. Personally, I just wait for a cheap used copy from Moviestop. They're the best (along with FYE) at selling older, classic DVDs.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #186
Expert Member

Apr 2010
Rochester, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
Understandable, but they've been there a while and it's not like other stores don't also carry them.
The Paramount metalpacks are the ones worrying me. I hope other stores start carrying them.
Blu-Ray Total: 479
Slipcover Total: 234
Steelbook Total: 30
Stay up to date with my hauls, reviews and other movie news at MNMreviews and WeLiveFilm
Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #187

Apr 2013
Houston,Tx

our walmart still have the steelbooks up and plenty of them...we replaced the wrestling movies/ppvs/wrestlemania blu rays with a whole rack for 3D movies...all up at like 30 bucks..but nothing some price matching cant fix...tangled/avatar/finding nemo/monsters inc/darkest hour...many other titles..i can't recall them all looked yesterday but i'll check back soon..i'll hopefully be switching over to electronics asap so that way i'm more uptodate on whats going on and what titles/exclusives we get in so i can report here
Old 06-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #188

Jun 2012

Picked up Black Hawk Down and The Patriot this morning out of the WM bargain bin. Both cheaper than Amazon even after tax. So much win. And I'd probably have picked up a half-dozen more out of the well-stocked selection, but I had to get other inconsequential things like, you know, food and toilet paper. Bummer.

A question for anybody on the board who works at Wally World... not every store I have visited has the $7.88 bargain bin. My "primary" store has it in Electronics (as it is at most stores, I assume) but I have seen the Blu bin up on the front aisle near the checkouts. (One of the WMs along the Mississippi Gulf Coast, IIRC.) But at a couple of stores elsewhere, there's been no bin to be found anywhere.

My question is this: are the bargain Blus distributed to stores that have more of a proven track record of selling product? Or is the choice whether or not to sell bargain Blus left up to the store or regional manager? (As in, "This doesn't sell that well so why stock them" or, "I don't see a need to sell them because current product sells better/they take up space for other items/I have a phobia about blue plastic boxes/etc.".)
Quotation: n. The act of repeating erroneously the words of another. --Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913?)
Old 06-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #189

Nov 2010
Kirksville, Missouri
Send a message via AIM to Richard Graham

Picked up The Untouchables and the From Dusk 'til Dawn Miramax Multi-Feature. It's all four movies on one disc. Probably not mind-blowing PQ wise, but it's an easy way to breeze through the series some rainy afternoon.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #190

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanfan75 View Post
My question is this: are the bargain Blus distributed to stores that have more of a proven track record of selling product? Or is the choice whether or not to sell bargain Blus left up to the store or regional manager? (As in, "This doesn't sell that well so why stock them" or, "I don't see a need to sell them because current product sells better/they take up space for other items/I have a phobia about blue plastic boxes/etc.".)
I would like to know about this too... my local Wally World never seems to get these "bargain blus" that I read about here and often would buy a bunch of. We have two huge $5 DVD bins... but we've never had a Blu Bin that I know of. My only guess is that I live in a rinky dink hick town that does not appreciate Blu Ray... but I really don't think that is a good excuse to not have them. My local Wally World seems to have a horrible store manager and is constantly re-arranging and pulling stock. I have lost track of how many times I've looked for something that I saw first appear the week before (that I just did not have money for until the following week) that has been removed (as opposed to sold out, of course) when I go in to buy it. Pisses me off to no end. It's not just electronics and other items... it's foodstuffs too that they play this musical chairs game with. It's beyond dumb. /EndRant
Old 06-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #191

Jun 2012
Fenton, Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penglii View Post
I would like to know about this too... my local Wally World never seems to get these "bargain blus" that I read about here and often would buy a bunch of. We have two huge $5 DVD bins... but we've never had a Blu Bin that I know of. My only guess is that I live in a rinky dink hick town that does not appreciate Blu Ray... but I really don't think that is a good excuse to not have them. My local Wally World seems to have a horrible store manager and is constantly re-arranging and pulling stock. I have lost track of how many times I've looked for something that I saw first appear the week before (that I just did not have money for until the following week) that has been removed (as opposed to sold out, of course) when I go in to buy it. Pisses me off to no end. It's not just electronics and other items... it's foodstuffs too that they play this musical chairs game with. It's beyond dumb. /EndRant
Ditto: Mine operates the same way although we do have a pitiful BluRay "bargain" bin. I have taken to only going to Wally World when I absolutely have to. I like Target much better and it is right across the street from them. Target just did a complete remodel of the entire store too.

Last edited by macfan; 06-29-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #192

Mar 2012
Mississippi
Default Steelbooks/Metal Packs coming off mod

Just wanted to let everyone know I believe the steelbooks/metal packs will be taken off mod this week. I've gotten boxes in this last week for a new mod on the share-center(which is what the steelbook/metal packs are on), and that section along with the tv shows didn't change with the reset. It will be different tv shows and blu-rays to go in these sections and I 'll know tomorrow for sure what they are and prices tomorrow when I print the mod.

I'm not sure if all stores will be getting this new mod so ya might wanna check with your local walmart to see what's up.

Also for those asking bout who says what we get, like the bins, that's more of a regional management say. Store management can ask if a store can get something if they believe it will sell at their store but the higher ups can say no.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #193
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 381

Found 3 copies of LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace, in box with young Han Solo figure, in the 7.88 bin. Bought!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #194

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know I believe the steelbooks/metal packs will be taken off mod this week. I've gotten boxes in this last week for a new mod on the share-center(which is what the steelbook/metal packs are on), and that section along with the tv shows didn't change with the reset. It will be different tv shows and blu-rays to go in these sections and I 'll know tomorrow for sure what they are and prices tomorrow when I print the mod.

I'm not sure if all stores will be getting this new mod so ya might wanna check with your local walmart to see what's up.

Also for those asking bout who says what we get, like the bins, that's more of a regional management say. Store management can ask if a store can get something if they believe it will sell at their store but the higher ups can say no.
Thanks for the info. Another example of uneven distribution I noticed was the $6 July 4th war movies deal as detailed in another thread. I had to visit several different stores this week and saw the display at exactly ONE location.
Quotation: n. The act of repeating erroneously the words of another. --Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913?)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Tags
blu ray bin, reset, walmart