Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
La La Land 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$59.52
Penny Dreadful: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
CHiPS (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mobile Suit Z Gundam l: A New Translation - Heir to the Stars (Blu-ray)
$34.59
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 1 - Phantom Blood & Battle Tendency Arcs (Blu-ray)
$45.79
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.86
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$32.36
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #101
Dr. Seymour Love Dr. Seymour Love is offline
Power Member
 
Dr. Seymour Love's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
461
477
Default

Just got in The Billy Bagg Double Feature and Wanda Whips Wall St from the deepdiscount sale!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #102
PowellPressburger PowellPressburger is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
PowellPressburger's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Mpls, MN
1167
336
51
129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubunkey View Post
No Blu-Ray news but they are releasing a 2k restoration of the 2 Bill Lustig (The Blue Underground Founder) 1970's "Billy Bagg" films, Violation of Claudia & Hot Honey as a DVD double feature with commentary on both films by Lustig and Nicolas Winding Refn (The director of Drive & Only God Forgives)

[Show spoiler]
Interesting release didn't know Lustig made any of these films. Nice commentary tracks sounds like.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #103
dana martin dana martin is online now
Member
 
dana martin's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Norfolk,VA
2064
491
Default

Since Distribpix doesn’t seem to have its own thread, this one has kind of been a while since any post, but Steven Morowitz is very hands on, his restorations show that he constantly tries to release the definitive edition. Recently with the found original negative, he has released Blue Sunshine. And prior to that I was announced the he had struck a deal with Cecil Howard. So that some of Mr. Howards classic erotica films would be presented, it has been up on distribpixblog since last year, that they are working on Scoundrels.
Now that all the work is done and Blue Sunshine has been released, maybe he can get back to some of the other titles, mentioned. I posted on that blog questions about possible blu releases of the rest of the Metzger titles, and was told yes they are coming. It’s a small company, so any support will help. And I hope to see some more of these Classic “Adult” films treated the way they were meant.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #104
hammerman2 hammerman2 is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana martin View Post
Since Distribpix doesnít seem to have its own thread, this one has kind of been a while since any post, but Steven Morowitz is very hands on, his restorations show that he constantly tries to release the definitive edition. Recently with the found original negative, he has released Blue Sunshine. And prior to that I was announced the he had struck a deal with Cecil Howard. So that some of Mr. Howards classic erotica films would be presented, it has been up on distribpixblog since last year, that they are working on Scoundrels.
Now that all the work is done and Blue Sunshine has been released, maybe he can get back to some of the other titles, mentioned. I posted on that blog questions about possible blu releases of the rest of the Metzger titles, and was told yes they are coming. Itís a small company, so any support will help. And I hope to see some more of these Classic ďAdultĒ films treated the way they were meant.
I was hoping to get Blue Sunshine on Bluray but it seems harder to find than Misty Beethoven.
Some of these labels seem to go out of their way to make it difficult to buy their titles.
I can't find BS listed anywhere
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #105
Val Lewton Val Lewton is offline
Expert Member
 
Val Lewton's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
773
1536
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman2 View Post
I was hoping to get Blue Sunshine on Bluray but it seems harder to find than Misty Beethoven.
Some of these labels seem to go out of their way to make it difficult to buy their titles.
I can't find BS listed anywhere
Did you check the Blue Sunshine thread? It's easily available through the FilmCentrix website:

https://www.filmcentrix.com/product/blue-sunshine/
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dana martin (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #106
dana martin dana martin is online now
Member
 
dana martin's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Norfolk,VA
2064
491
Default

that is what i was going to say, they are very consumer frendly, order from them and you will get it quick!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Val Lewton (07-17-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 05:57 AM   #107
dana martin dana martin is online now
Member
 
dana martin's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Norfolk,VA
2064
491
Default

https://www.filmcentrix.com/product/blue-sunshine/

just in case
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #108
tut1971 tut1971 is offline
New Member
 
Jul 2012
New England, United States of America
3
Default

Is there a site where I can pick up a first pressing?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #109
JezelleGHartman JezelleGHartman is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2016
Default

Order misty Beethoven from distribpix.com . The second pressing is the blu-ray only! No linear notes and NO slipcover either! (This should have been noted on the page)... I will say though that it is an amazing blu-ray so I highly recommend it even though you're spending $35.

I Put an order in today for Barbara broadcast which seems to still be the first pressing.

My only issue with distribpix is the guy is so hard to get a hold of. Sent an email through his Amazon seller page, the website and also one to the email address that came with the package and still no response. Kind of a shame because the guy has some great stuff on his site and I just had a few questions about some of the products... and buyer / seller communication is everything.

For misty, all I wanted to know is if the movie still came with a slipcover and I had to find out by ordering it. Oh well. I guess as long as the products ship and they look good I can get past that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #110
Shillingbury Tales Shillingbury Tales is offline
Banned
 
May 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezelleGHartman View Post
Order misty Beethoven from distribpix.com . The second pressing is the blu-ray only! No linear notes and NO slipcover either! (This should have been noted on the page)... I will say though that it is an amazing blu-ray so I highly recommend it even though you're spending $35.

I Put an order in today for Barbara broadcast which seems to still be the first pressing.

My only issue with distribpix is the guy is so hard to get a hold of. Sent an email through his Amazon seller page, the website and also one to the email address that came with the package and still no response. Kind of a shame because the guy has some great stuff on his site and I just had a few questions about some of the products... and buyer / seller communication is everything.

For misty, all I wanted to know is if the movie still came with a slipcover and I had to find out by ordering it. Oh well. I guess as long as the products ship and they look good I can get past that.
The liner notes are great but I was disappointed they didn't bother to resize them so they fitted in the Bluray case. They are dvd size and were wrapped in the pack but once opened the liner notes are forever separate.
Bit of a nuisance
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #111
JezelleGHartman JezelleGHartman is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillingbury Tales View Post
The liner notes are great but I was disappointed they didn't bother to resize them so they fitted in the Bluray case. They are dvd size and were wrapped in the pack but once opened the liner notes are forever separate.
Bit of a nuisance
Yeah I heard a few people say that when I did my research on this release. I already got notified that Barbara broadcast shipped! It's a shame this company hasn't taken off. They have really nice stuff on their site and I was SUPER impressed by Misty. I will definitely be buying more from them! The communication issue I'll just have to swallow.

I actually think this company could be better than Vinegar Syndrome if they wanted to.

Hopefully we see more from them in the future
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #112
DeadEyesSmiling DeadEyesSmiling is offline
Active Member
 
DeadEyesSmiling's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Denver, CO
1527
217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillingbury Tales View Post
The liner notes are great but I was disappointed they didn't bother to resize them so they fitted in the Bluray case. They are dvd size and were wrapped in the pack but once opened the liner notes are forever separate.
Bit of a nuisance
Amen to this. I had the booklet next to the case on my shelf, and because it couldn't fit in the case, I accidentally ripped the cover putting another movie back in next to it. Really pissed me off.

-DES
"I said good day!" - Wonka

System: Sony VPL-HW40ES to 120" Screen / DENON X4000 / 7.2 Surround / DefTech ProCinema 2000 Center, 1000 L/R Fronts, 800 Mid/Rear Surround
1st Blu-ray: Sunshine / 100th: The Thin Red Line / 200th: Zodiac / 500th: Highlander Immortal Edition / 600th: Trilogy of Life / 700th: The Devil's Backbone / 800th: Halloween 35th Anniversary Digibook / 900th: Goodfellas 20th Anniversary Digibook / 1000th: True Romance UK Limited Steelbook
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #113
JezelleGHartman JezelleGHartman is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Seymour Love View Post
Just got in The Billy Bagg Double Feature and Wanda Whips Wall St from the deepdiscount sale!
How are these 2 releases? They're next on my list to purchase
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 PM.