COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Hercules (Blu-ray)
$19.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Honeymooners:
$62.91

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #1241
Expert Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by willh51 View Post
I have stopped blind buying movies for the most part, but sometimes the temptation is great. Movies I regret owning and will be offloading soon:

1. The Sprit (I KNEW this was bad, but I saw it for $5 and couldn't resist.)
2. The Change-Up (Fine for a single viewing but I should have never kept this gift.)
3. Brothers Bloom (Liked it the first time, hardly made it through again.)
4. Terror Train (I love Shout Factory, but I wish I hadn't shelled out for this very mediocre slasher.)
5. The Artist (I bet I won't watch this again for a decade if at all.)
6. Bruno (Little replay value for me. I'm over this humor/SBC.)
7. Centurion (Tried twice to like this movie, just doesn't do it for me.)
8. Children of the Corn (Boring.)
9. The Color of Money (Good Movie/Awful Blu-ray. I won't buying any Touchstone release sight unseen again. Received from Amazon on release day and was shocked when it was barebones and looked like a SD upconvert.)
10. Hereafter (Very un-Eastwood. OK movie but has little replay value.)
I agree with most of these movies but disagree on Centurion and Children of the Corn. Two very enjoyable movies.
2013 Panasonic VT 60 55" Plasma
AVR - Denon 3808. 7.1 Setup
Polk Audio RTI8B floorstander front and rear speakers
Polk Audio TSI 300 floorstanding rear center speakers
Polk Audio CSI3B center speaker
Polk Audio DSW Pro 660I powered sub woofer.
Oppo BDP 93 blu ray player - region free.
X Box 360 with Kinect. My Sky HDi
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #1242

Aug 2010

I'm a little different I have bought several blu twice because I'm stupid

Evil dead 2
Winterbone
Raging bull
And three or four others now I use my app and it dosent happen
Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #1243

Oct 2012
Australia

One In The Chamber

Terrible movie despite a watchable Dolph Lundgren. It's the only purchase to date that I truly regret.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #1244

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjon99 View Post
Moonrise Kingdom. Need I say more?
Yes, please do.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #1245
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

Quote:
I have stopped blind buying movies for the most part, but sometimes the temptation is great. Movies I regret owning and will be offloading soon:

2. The Change-Up (Fine for a single viewing but I should have never kept this gift.)
4. Terror Train (I love Shout Factory, but I wish I hadn't shelled out for this very mediocre slasher.)
9. The Color of Money (Good Movie/Awful Blu-ray. I won't buying any Touchstone release sight unseen again. Received from Amazon on release day and was shocked when it was barebones and looked like a SD upconvert.)
the best thing about Hereafter is the full legnth "The Eastwood Factor" documentary in HD that is included as a bonus feature
Old 03-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #1246
Banned

Jun 2012

Horrible Bosses, I do not get the rave reviews? I only laughed at one scence

I guess I have no taste in movies
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #1247

Nov 2011
UK

The Expendables

- I bought it after hearing so many good things about it, that it was a return/homage to the great action films of the 80's I loved, and featuring a 'whos who' of action stars....turns out its a badly written, badly acted mess of a film with a couple of main stars and a collection of extended cameos by the rest, a shame really as following how much I enjoyed the new Rocky and Rambo films I was expecting good things

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

- Looked from the trailers as the kind of film Id enjoy, but I got to the end and just wondered what the hell Id just watched...I dont know why so many folks rave about it, I just dont get it at all...

The A Team

- Saw it in the cinema and didnt like it, decided to give it another go when I saw the Blu ray going cheap, shouldnt have bothered ...its still rubbish. Confused, overblown... and the ending!...
"I am very concerned about our national heritage, and I am very concerned that the films that I watched when I was young and the films that I watched throughout my life are preserved, so that my children can see them." ― George Lucas 1988
Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #1248
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Most of these aren't bad movies...just ones I've had to double-dip on.

Casablanca...I bought the original BD release less than a week before Warner Brothers announced the 70th Anniversary Edition.

Hobo With a Shotgun...blind buy, based on the fact that I'd liked the phony trailer upon which it was based. Movie kinda sucks.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)...Warner Brothers again. Bought the original, then shelled out for the box set when it was released in the UK.

Outpost: Black Sun...heard good things about it. I heard wrong. Acting is laughable, situations are often unintentionally hilarious, and when I already have a good "Nazi zombie" movie like Dead Snow in my collection, there's really no reason I need to own this.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Feature...if the Casablanca situation didn't prove that Warner Brothers hates me, I waited three years for them to release the first TMNT movie on its own, then finally buckled and bought the Triple Feature. Needless to say, it was then a matter of about a month before the individual releases were announced.

Traffic...Universal put this on a flipper disc, for one thing. Criterion made it a compulsory double-dip, for another.

The Town...seriously, again, Warner Brothers?! Bought the version with the theatrical and extended cuts, only to have to eventually replace it with a release that has the theatrical and TWO extended cuts.

Wall Street...again, had to upgrade to better quality once the Filmmakers' Signature Series edition was released.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #1249

Mar 2012

Occasionally there are movies I fall out of love with, like War of the Worlds. So then I make the decision whether or not to keep it, and if not I just get rid of it.

Hasn't happened with a blu yet, but did that quite a few times with DVDs, especially when I was making the full collection upgrade.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #1250
Special Member

May 2008
Antarctica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthesub View Post
The Expendables

- I bought it after hearing so many good things about it, that it was a return/homage to the great action films of the 80's I loved, and featuring a 'whos who' of action stars....turns out its a badly written, badly acted mess of a film with a couple of main stars and a collection of extended cameos by the rest, a shame really as following how much I enjoyed the new Rocky and Rambo films I was expecting good things

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

- Looked from the trailers as the kind of film Id enjoy, but I got to the end and just wondered what the hell Id just watched...I dont know why so many folks rave about it, I just dont get it at all...

The A Team

- Saw it in the cinema and didnt like it, decided to give it another go when I saw the Blu ray going cheap, shouldnt have bothered ...its still rubbish. Confused, overblown... and the ending!...
Ironic. I loved Expendables on blu. Glad I bought it. I've watched it more than a few times over the years and still enjoy it. To each his own.

I also liked A Team, but have only watched it on blu once so far. I think I'll watch it again, but the fact that I haven't so far after this much time says something about the purchase.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #1251
Special Member

May 2008
Antarctica

Quote:

Spirit I rented at Redbox and couldn't finish it. I'm cheap too so the movie had to be really bad for me to turn it off before finishing. Never heard of your other blu purchase choices except Centurion and Color of Money. I did enjoy Centurion as a rental.

I'm glad you said something about Color of Money, because I almost pulled the trigger on that blu at Amazon. Your opinion of the transfer makes me feel good I waited.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #1252
Special Member

May 2008
Antarctica

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjon99 View Post
Moonrise Kingdom. Need I say more?
Yes, I do wish you would give some explanation to your choices. I really do value the opinions on BluRay.com.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #1253

Oct 2012
Australia

I disliked the first Expendables, too. As a result of that I had extremely low expectations going into the second film. To my surprise, I enjoyed it a lot. This time around, the cast had great chemistry and camaraderie, something that was missing from the first film and contributed to my dislike of it.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #1254
Special Member

May 2008
Antarctica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGB View Post
I disliked the first Expendables, too. As a result of that I had extremely low expectations going into the second film. To my surprise, I enjoyed it a lot. This time around, the cast had great chemistry and camaraderie, something that was missing from the first film and contributed to my dislike of it.
I liked the first expendables film a lot more. I didn't enjoy the second one as much. I'm surprised to see other people posting that. Regardless, I'd still like to get a 3rd expendables soon. I do wish they would have Jet Li more in the film. It doesn't feel right without him.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America