Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Old 01-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #2301
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Afternoon E-BOOGIE!!!!!
http://www.needledoctor.com/Jolida-Fusion-Preamp
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 01-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #2302
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
I own two Jolida products. The JD502BRC Integrated Amp and the JD-9 phonostage. I had a lot of trouble with the amp having sent it back to Jolida for repair 4 times. The phonostage is noisy. In both cases, I question the quality of the transformers that are being used by Jolida. Unless you have the opportunity to demo the unit - in home- I'd stay away. Suffice it to say, I'm not a Jolida fanboy anymore.

Got some Jolida gear for sale if your interested.
When The Levee Breaks Momma You Gotta Move
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #2303
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayFred View Post
I own two Jolida products. The JD502BRC Integrated Amp and the JD-9 phonostage. I had a lot of trouble with the amp having sent it back to Jolida for repair 4 times. The phonostage is noisy. In both cases, I question the quality of the transformers that are being used by Jolida. Unless you have the opportunity to demo the unit - in home- I'd stay away. Suffice it to say, I'm not a Jolida fanboy anymore.

I never had any personal experience with them
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #2304
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
I never had any personal experience with them
I'm sure they're a lot of people who like their Jolida gear. I just didn't have the best overall experience with it.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #2305
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
what up easy E? my daughter lives near Giants Stadium and said it's going bananas with some event with the Broncos & Sleezhawks today!
Yea, I'm definitely staying home this weekend. I saw on the news that there were people camped outside of the team hotels. They have even made Manhattan into a theme park called Super Bowl Boulevard that will shut down Broadway from 33rd to 48th. (that's not going to cause more traffic). I used to live in East Rutherford a few years ago. I can only imagine the commotion that is going on right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
Hey I understand about moving slow. I think I am the exact opposite. lol. I think you will be fine with either preamp but they will sound totally different so its all about what sound you are looking for.

My m56 is locked away for the winter as well and it kills me. lol I pull it out on sunny days that we haev from time to time when the temp is in the 50s. When did you get married??? Hvae I been away that long? lol all wives complain about driving. My wife hate I ever bought the 56 because I drive it like a mad man when I do get in it lol
Yessir, I got married this past Labor day weekend. Honestly, we had been together for so long, we were practically married to begin with, now its just official. I am going to do more research on the pre-amp front. I've been so busy that I don't even have time to putz around on the computer anymore. I'll make it happen soon enough.
Quote:
Remote? I don't even get up to turn my amps on sometimes. That's how lazy I've become. Not gonna lie about it.
Quote:

Aww man, I am sorry you had a bad experience with their gear. I will keep that in mind when making my selection. There is a local company around here called modwright. I was looking in them too. Wish me luck.
Receiver-Yamaha RXV-3800, Amps- Pass Labs X250, Pass Labs X3, DAC- M2Tech Young, Projector-Epson 8500UB, Screen-Elite 103", Remote-TSU 9600, Towers-Focal Electra 1038be2, Center chan- Focal 1038be, Side surr-Polk Rm6751, Rear surr-Polk FXi3, Sub-Paradigm PW2200 Ver2, DVR-Dish VP622, Console-Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox Kinect, HTPC-Antec fusion black enclosure.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #2306
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post
...Aww man, I am sorry you had a bad experience with their gear. I will keep that in mind when making my selection. There is a local company around here called modwright. I was looking in them too. Wish me luck.
Modwright enjoys an excellent reputation. I looked at some of their gear. One of our members (Andrew who posts as Mdabb) has some Modwright gear and loves it.

Haven't seen Andrew around in quite a while, so he may have checked out on us.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #2307
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Modwright enjoys an excellent reputation. I looked at some of their gear. One of our members (Andrew who posts as Mdabb) has some Modwright gear and loves it.

Haven't seen Andrew around in quite a while, so he may have checked out on us.
Ok.....I'll send out the search party at once. I have questions dammit!!
Receiver-Yamaha RXV-3800, Amps- Pass Labs X250, Pass Labs X3, DAC- M2Tech Young, Projector-Epson 8500UB, Screen-Elite 103", Remote-TSU 9600, Towers-Focal Electra 1038be2, Center chan- Focal 1038be, Side surr-Polk Rm6751, Rear surr-Polk FXi3, Sub-Paradigm PW2200 Ver2, DVR-Dish VP622, Console-Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox Kinect, HTPC-Antec fusion black enclosure.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:07 AM   #2308
Super Moderator

Sep 2006

Quote:
Aww man, I am sorry you had a bad experience with their gear. I will keep that in mind when making my selection. There is a local company around here called modwright. I was looking in them too. Wish me luck.
ModWright gets excellent rating for 6Moons. Plus, their Oppo mods are legendary.
SUPER POWER NINJA TURBO NEO ULTRA HYPER MEGA MULTI ALPHA META EXTRA UBER PREFIX COMBO!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #2309
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
ModWright gets excellent rating for 6Moons. Plus, their Oppo mods are legendary.
Agreed. +1
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #2310
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Anybody hear good things about this one?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #2311
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4rTztvVx8E

Anybody hear good things about this one?
What's this .......... Magneto's revenge ?
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #2312
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
What's this .......... Magneto's revenge ?
I didn't notice that till just now. It IS Now I wont be able to watch this without see that dam Magneto mask in my head.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #2313
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
I didn't notice that till just now. It IS Now I wont be able to watch this without see that dam Magneto mask in my head.
Sorry bout that . It's just that I thought I saw some objects levitating in the background.
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 03-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #2314
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

What's going on EBoogie!!!!!

I thought I'd save you from page 2 purgatory
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 03-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #2315
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
What's going on EBoogie!!!!!

I thought I'd save you from page 2 purgatory
What's up buddy...you always come thru for me in the clutch!! How are things over in the boogie down??
Old 03-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #2316
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
What's up buddy...you always come thru for me in the clutch!! How are things over in the boogie down??
I just returned from my doctors and stopping by a friends house who's on vacation. I'm about to sit back and relax for a couple before I get into more housework.
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 03-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #2317
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
I just returned from my doctors and stopping by a friends house who's on vacation. I'm about to sit back and relax for a couple before I get into more housework.
Well, I hope you had fun at you "FRIENDS" house. If that's what they are calling it these days.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #2318
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Well, I hope you had fun at you "FRIENDS" house. If that's what they are calling it these days.
Nah....... It wasn't like that at all ....... A male friend of mine wanted me to see his new purchases ........ It was cool
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 03-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #2319
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Nah....... It wasn't like that at all ....... A male friend of mine wanted me to see his new purchases ........ It was cool
I'm just messing with you man!! I am going to be in the city this weekend and I was thinking about paying these guys
[Show spoiler]
a visit. I haven't been there in years. So I figured i'd drop in and see what kind of new goodies they had. Hopefully I don't leave there with empty pockets.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #2320
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Post 4479

I pulled that post from my thread in response to your accusation of me of possessing mojo!

E, far be it from me to direct bad mojo to anyone's device.
But it is interesting that an optical input would fail. I don't think I've ever had that experience with any of the components I've own since toslink was made available. I guess I'm just lucky.

But, Yamaha's CX-A5000 pre-pro looks like a very strong option. I wonder what took them so long to introduce a pre-pro? For years, they arguably have made one of the finest and featured pack pre-pro sections for their AVR's. When I first entered the home theater hobby, Yamaha was were I started (RX-V490, 590, 690, 2090 w/DDP-1 & 3000) and it's because of the feature set of their AVR's. The only reason I went with other manufacturers (Marantz/Rotel) was due to what I perceived as the companies short term lost of identity in the early 2000's. Not to mention their refusal to offer separates. A bad move since every other viable competitor was offering the options of separate pro-pro and multi-channel amps.

$2995 is steep though. But, if it performs and is reliable, it will give the Marantz AV8801 a run for the money. That will ultimately be determined by the effectiveness of the most recent version of it's YPAO feature. It must prove to be able to provide the similar functionality as the Audyssey's proven XT32 room correction engine. Think about it, similar functionality, $600 cheaper and Yamaha's heritage. If it was $2000, it would be in the running to replace the Rotel.
Regards,
Ldgibson76
Set up still in transition

"Chance favors only the prepared mind." Louis Pasteur

"Foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries