Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Great Wall (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Girls Trip (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Furious 7 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lone Survivor 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Fast & Furious 6 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$4.99
King Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Home for the Holidays (Blu-ray)
$11.88
Dreamcatcher (Blu-ray)
$5.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012
Hawaii
Default Roger Corman's Bloody Mama is coming from Scorpion

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionrel...if_t=notify_me

another one of my picks for an upcoming release from Kino/Lorber and Scorpion. Since I have a great relationship with Roger Corman, why not have Kino start releasing BluRay of his classics from the AIP library? Well why not by releasing the amazing BLOODY MAMA on BluRay!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
Expert Member

Feb 2014

"The family that slays together, stays together!" Roger Corman's BLOODY MAMA (1970) gets upgraded to HD as part of an exciting series of collaborations between Kino Lorber and Scorpion Releasing. Shelley Winters is the titular matriarch of the Depression-era Barker clan, embarking on a cross-state crime spree with the help of her sons and stragglers -- including a psychotic Don Stroud, jailbird Bruce Dern, and a glue-sniffin' Robert DeNiro. It's essentially a non-stop slate of robbing, sexing, kidnapping, and killing, leading up to a energetic, tommy-gun fueled shoot-out that tries to outdo the over-the-top violence of BONNIE & CLYDE (1967). Obviously based on a true story; I'm sure there's plenty of factual documentation for the bit where an old lady becomes roadkill, or when they unload on an alligator with a machine-gun. Extras include a new interview with the director and the trailer. "When it comes to killing, Mama knows best!"

Theatrical Trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jxYd...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

I watched this tonight. The video quality is fantastic. The cinematography is great (same DP as Chinatown). Amazing to see DeNiro and Dern so young. Boy, this movie is a roughie... It has brutality, incest, homosexuality, drug abuse... and it surprisingly never feels unduly ugly. In fact, the acting is top notch and really carries the film. Great locations in Arkansas too. Corman is interviewed briefly about the making of the film, and the original trailer (which includes a couple of scenes that were cut from the movie itself) is included.

Great drive in movie fun. It's a kick to see Shelly Winters and her Tommy Gun! Nice antique autos too.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

"We're gonna play a little game of Simon Says... and this here is Simon!"

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America