Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #61

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashif View Post
Thanks Looks great.

But I believe these are not out on blu or did they?
Not out on Blu. Didn't see that as a criterion in the original post.
Although perhaps implied by this sub-forum's title.

In any event, these movies may never make it to Blu.
But that wouldn't stop me from watching them.

- Richard
Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #62
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 AM   #63
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie View Post
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCanuck View Post
Not out on Blu. Didn't see that as a criterion in the original post.
Although perhaps implied by this sub-forum's title.

In any event, these movies may never make it to Blu.
But that wouldn't stop me from watching them.

- Richard
Thanks for the reply but I need recommendations here on movies which are out on Blu Ray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohemianGraham View Post
Thanks.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #64
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

More please? Thanks!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #65

Jun 2010
Norway

Dangerous Liaisons comes out soon. Disclosure, 9 ½ Weeks and Striptease comes out in March.

Pacino is awesome in Carlito's Way, also I'm surprised no one have mentioned Dressed to Kill.
For relaxing times, make it Suntory time
Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 AM   #66
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Milky Way

In The Realm of The Senses

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/In-the...-Blu-ray/3740/
Old 02-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #67
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortese View Post
Dangerous Liaisons comes out soon. Disclosure, 9 ½ Weeks and Striptease comes out in March.

Pacino is awesome in Carlito's Way, also I'm surprised no one have mentioned Dressed to Kill.
Thanks. I have Carlito's Way BD but still have to see it.

Quote:
Thanks.
PSN ID: Corleone3142

"Time has passed, and I have loved many women and as they've held me close, and asked me if I'll remember them, I've said, "Yes, I'll remember you."
But the only one I've never forgotten, is the one who never asked:.............Malena..."

Giuseppe Sulfaro near the end credits - (Malèna)
Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #68
Banned

Apr 2011
South Carolina

I'm going to go on a limb here.

Under the Tuscan Sun. It has not come out on Blu yet. Diane Lane is simply stunning in this film. Yes, it may be "light and frothy", but it also has its heartbreaker moments that don't drown it. The cinematography by Geoffrey Simpson shot on location in Tuscany is simply gorgeous to behold. It will make you want to go there. And again, Diane Lane. The superstar of the film. Just a scene she has after finding a romantic interest is filled with such joy and freedom it will make you grin from ear to ear. Watch her in Nights in Rodanthe too. I know Nicholas Sparks films are not very popular with a certain percentage of the world population as people tend to think of them as lightweight tearjerkers meant for hopelessly romantic types. I fit that category. Her chemistry with Richard Gere is white hot, but the love scenes they do share are very tastefully done so as not to cross into exploitation territory. After all, it is a PG-13 romance. The cinematography by Affonso Beato is simply divine as well. A tracking shot coming down along a coastline as a car drives into frame with the camera finally coming right up on the car's license plate is a show-stopper if there ever was one.
On another plane altogether are two Chinese diamonds. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon directed by Ang Lee and starring the incomparable Michelle Yeoh, Chow Yun Fat, and Zhang Ziyi. Hero directed by Zhang Yimou and starring the awesome Jet Li, Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, and Crouching Tiger's own Zhang Ziyi in a smaller, but still powerful role. Both films are beautiful to witness in motion. If you've seen neither they deserve a shot.

Last edited by Caesar Will Rise; 02-02-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #69
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashif View Post
Thanks. I have Carlito's Way BD but still have to see it.
Dude, Carlito's Way is an incredible movie IMO. It is Brian De Palma's true masterpiece.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #70
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Milky Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar Will Rise View Post

Under the Tuscan Sun. It has not come out on Blu yet. Diane Lane is simply stunning in this film.
I liked it very much too and hope one day it will be out on Blu.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #71
Special Member

Mar 2008
Austin, Tx

Two films come to mind, Perfume - Story of a Murderer and Eros. I don't know if either is on Blu-ray but they are available on DVD. Mind you Perfume is not for everyone. Just remembered, you might want to check out Quills.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #72
Banned

Apr 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
I liked it very much too and hope one day it will be out on Blu.
Yes! I love Diane Lane in roles like that. She is so good with making her characters believable and most importantly lovable. I want it to be on Blu as well. While I'm at it let me also put out Anna and the King and Tristan + Isolde. I want all of these badly.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #73
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Milky Way

Quote:
Yes! I love Diane Lane in roles like that. She is so good with making her characters believable and most importantly lovable. I want it to be on Blu as well. While I'm at it let me also put out Anna and the King and Tristan + Isolde. I want all of these badly.
Lets hope the studios start bringing us some decent titles like those on Blu shortly!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:11 AM   #74

Aug 2008
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
Fallen Angels by Wong Kar Wai. The Double Life of Veronique.
I'll double that... The Double Life of Veronique. Mesmerizing.
"The next time you got nothin' to do, and lots of time to do it, come up and see me." Mae West
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico
Rango: "Is this heaven?" Spirit of the West: "If it were, we'd be eatin' pop tarts with Kim Novak."
”Conscience. That stuff... that stuff will drive you nuts.” Terry, On the Waterfront
"Anybody not wearing two million sunscreen is gonna have a really bad day." Sarah Connor
"Hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie." Harrison Ford
Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #75
Banned

Apr 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Lets hope the studios start bringing us some decent titles like those on Blu shortly!
Please and thank you.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #76
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:

Under the Tuscan Sun. It has not come out on Blu yet. Diane Lane is simply stunning in this film. Yes, it may be "light and frothy", but it also has its heartbreaker moments that don't drown it. The cinematography by Geoffrey Simpson shot on location in Tuscany is simply gorgeous to behold. It will make you want to go there. And again, Diane Lane. The superstar of the film. Just a scene she has after finding a romantic interest is filled with such joy and freedom it will make you grin from ear to ear. Watch her in Nights in Rodanthe too. I know Nicholas Sparks films are not very popular with a certain percentage of the world population as people tend to think of them as lightweight tearjerkers meant for hopelessly romantic types. I fit that category. Her chemistry with Richard Gere is white hot, but the love scenes they do share are very tastefully done so as not to cross into exploitation territory. After all, it is a PG-13 romance. The cinematography by Affonso Beato is simply divine as well. A tracking shot coming down along a coastline as a car drives into frame with the camera finally coming right up on the car's license plate is a show-stopper if there ever was one.
On another plane altogether are two Chinese diamonds. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon directed by Ang Lee and starring the incomparable Michelle Yeoh, Chow Yun Fat, and Zhang Ziyi. Hero directed by Zhang Yimou and starring the awesome Jet Li, Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung, and Crouching Tiger's own Zhang Ziyi in a smaller, but still powerful role. Both films are beautiful to witness in motion. If you've seen neither they deserve a shot.
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I ll be cheacking these for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky61 View Post
Dude, Carlito's Way is an incredible movie IMO. It is Brian De Palma's true masterpiece.
Yes Thanks. I am a big big time pacino fan so will watch this tomorow hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder-Dan View Post
Two films come to mind, Perfume - Story of a Murderer and Eros. I don't know if either is on Blu-ray but they are available on DVD. Mind you Perfume is not for everyone. Just remembered, you might want to check out Quills.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spa View Post
I'll double that... The Double Life of Veronique. Mesmerizing.
Thanks. Yes I have "The Double Life of Veronique" in my collection and yes its a very very beautiful movie.
PSN ID: Corleone3142

"Time has passed, and I have loved many women and as they've held me close, and asked me if I'll remember them, I've said, "Yes, I'll remember you."
But the only one I've never forgotten, is the one who never asked:.............Malena..."

Giuseppe Sulfaro near the end credits - (Malèna)
Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 AM   #77
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Milky Way

Quote:
Please and thank you.
Anytime
Old 06-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #78
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Tristan + Isolde was scheduled for release by Fox in the early days of blu-ray. The release date came and went without it being released like they did on a few others. I imported the Dutch blu-ray of the film. It has amazing picture quality and I recall the audio was decent as well. Should be an excellent blu-ray in the U.S. if Fox ever gets around to releasing it.
Sony: KDL70W850B 70-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV, HT-CT150 3.1 Sound Bar, PlayStation 4,
Sony STR-DH740 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver
Drobo FS NAS: 20 terabytes
Synology 213J NAS: 6 terabytes
Vizio: M-Series 32" 120hz 1080p Smart LED TV
Samsung: (2) 28-Inch 4K Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (U28D590D)
Apple: 27" Retina 5K iMac, Mac Mini MGEN2LL/A, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Retina Mini
Old 06-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #79
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011

Surprised to see this bump. Consider The Image or Lorna the Exorcist particularly is your like eurohorror. The content in either can be strong though.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #80
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
UK

Spirits of the Dead
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America