Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Good Time (Blu-ray)
£10.00
The Crown: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The Mummy 3D (Blu-ray)
£10.00
All Eyez on Me (Blu-ray)
£8.51
Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
£11.70
Office Christmas Party (Blu-ray)
£9.79
Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series (Blu-ray)
£39.99
Borg vs. McEnroe (Blu-ray)
£10.00
Life (Blu-ray)
£7.00
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
£11.70
Fear the Walking Dead: The Complete First & Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
£9.15
Charley Varrick (Blu-ray)
£14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 06-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #41
Expert Member

Feb 2009
England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post
Yes, you do.

I have also bought 2 Thor copies via eBay for 40 GBP a piece. For myself.
I couldn't buy them when they were 12 GBP, because I didn't know they were available (and I was not collecting steelbooks than, started 3 weeks ago).

And I'm still looking for another Thor copy and I'll probably buy another one for 60 GBP. FOR MYSELF.

I don't see how I'm going to make a profit on that one, do you? No, probably not...

F.e. I have also 3 copies of Gran Torino, 2 Chronicle + 1 coming and 2 of J. Edgar (French release).

And I do that only with movies I really like, that are the only ones I have double.

And I have pre-ordered 2 to trade. F.e. against FS exclusives.
Brilliant. Except this makes no sense. You've pre-ordered seven steelbooks of Iron Man. From the original seller. Taking away from genuine sales of people who only want one copy. I don't care if you bought Thor three times over on eBay. The point is no matter how you spin it, you have detracted from people who wanted to buy a copy of this. You say you don't see how your making a profit because your spending your money of Blu-rays...they ARE your profit. Your trading them for other Blu-rays. You are gaining something out of them. Ordering two to sell or trade is stopping people who wanted to buy a copy for themselves from doing so, as is having two spares. How is this hard to understand

(P.S. In the last week, I ordered ONE copy of Thor for £25 (Amazon Marketplace), ONE copy of Cap for £25 (eBay), ONE copy of Incredible Hulk, ONE copy of Predator, and then pre-ordered ONE copy of Iron Man, ONE copy of Iron Man 2 and ONE copy of Terminator. Why the hell do you need seven copies of Iron Man, then?)

Last edited by Oateyboat; 06-23-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2011
Reading, England SteelBooks™480 Slipcovers:650

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_sharpy View Post
Exactly. I mean, even the Terminator SB still hasn't sold out and they're producing the same amount of them. Like you said, it's all down to people buying an extortionate amount of copies. Imo, there should be a strict limit on how many you can buy cause I bet most of the Iron Man SB's have gone due to people buying for their 'friends'...
[Show spoiler]that dont exist
'friends' is an abreviation for:

'its going to go on ebay with a fixed price of £80 or in an auction with a minimum reserve of £80

much easier just to say 'friends'
LG 4K OLED65B6V PROUD OWNER/LG OLED 55EC930V, Oppo 203/PANASONIC UB900 4K player, Denon AVR-X4300H, Monitor Audio GOLD 100 fronts, C150 centre, Apex rears. 4 x KEF R50 atmos, Dual (2x)SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer. Rega DAC, Atacama HMS2 stands, Xbox one X 3TB, PS4 PRO
123 4k discs and counting!
621 slipcovers, 450 steelbooks, 35 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 65 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

Click here for my My Plain Archive Collection
Old 06-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJez View Post
'friends' is an abreviation for:

'its going to go on ebay with a fixed price of £80 or in an auction with a minimum reserve of £80

much easier just to say 'friends'
Too right haha

*goes to pre-order 10 copies of Iron Man 2 SB for all my 'friends' *
Old 06-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

I like steelbooks, but they have to be around the same price as the standard release for me to be interested. I could never see myself tracking them down at £20+

I pre-ordered the Serenity steelbook at £10, standard release is around £8. £2 premium isn't so bad, for a film I like in a nice "collectors" style packaging. If it had been an HMV steelbook at £15-£18, I wouldn't be interested.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

And I'm sure 90% of you guys here, telling me I'm doing a bad thing by ordering multiple copies, have bought multiple copies for themselves.

I am sure you will deny this, just to 'save your face' as the 'honest collector's', but we both know that is not true. Especially the steelbooks collector's, realizing this steelbook is almost similar to the FS one, which sells/sold for hundreds of dollars.

Unlike you, I'm telling the truth.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #46
Expert Member

Feb 2009
England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
I like steelbooks, but they have to be around the same price as the standard release for me to be interested. I could never see myself tracking them down at £20+

I pre-ordered the Serenity steelbook at £10, standard release is around £8. £2 premium isn't so bad, for a film I like in a nice "collectors" style packaging. If it had been an HMV steelbook at £15-£18, I wouldn't be interested.
I was like that until the thought of having the Marvel Cinematic Universe in steelbook form seemed great. Luckily after rather expensive Thor and Cap copies, the rest are £10-£12 including Avengers
Old 06-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #47
Expert Member

Feb 2009
England, UK

Quote:
And I'm sure 90% of you guys here, telling me I'm doing a bad thing by ordering multiple copies, have bought multiple copies for themselves.

I am sure you will deny this, just to 'save your face' as the 'honest collector's', but we both know that is not true. Especially the steelbooks collector's, realizing this steelbook is almost similar to the FS one, which sells/sold for hundreds of dollars.

I only ordered one for my own collection, and I'm telling the truth. It's like having your morality cake and eating it.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #48
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Cornwall

Quote:

Tell yourself whatever helps you sleep at night.
Setup: Panasonic TX-P50VT30 & Oppo 103 Region ABC, Xbox360, Xbox One X, Wii U
Old 06-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:

Guilty as charged. I'm off to scam some innocent eBayers
Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzedar View Post
Tell yourself whatever helps you sleep at night.
This is not keeping me awake. I will sleep like a baby tonight.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

I think were wasting our time. Some people just dont give a f*** about anything other than the profit, no matter what you say.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2011
Reading, England SteelBooks™480 Slipcovers:650

Quote:
I think were wasting our time. Some people just dont give a f*** about anything other than the profit, no matter what you say.

LG 4K OLED65B6V PROUD OWNER/LG OLED 55EC930V, Oppo 203/PANASONIC UB900 4K player, Denon AVR-X4300H, Monitor Audio GOLD 100 fronts, C150 centre, Apex rears. 4 x KEF R50 atmos, Dual (2x)SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer. Rega DAC, Atacama HMS2 stands, Xbox one X 3TB, PS4 PRO
123 4k discs and counting!
621 slipcovers, 450 steelbooks, 35 digibooks, 4 digipacks, 65 boxsets..........the rest amarays.

Click here for my My Plain Archive Collection
Old 06-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Well, I can't stop you from thinking that. But I will tell you one thing: you are not the smartest guy if you think selling 2 blu-ray's will make me rich (I won't sell them, I will offer them for trade only, and you'll see that when the time comes).
Old 06-23-2012, 02:16 AM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Well, I can't stop you from thinking that. But I will tell you one thing: you are not the smartest guy if you think selling 2 blu-ray's will make me rich (I won't sell them, I will offer them for trade only, and you'll see that when the time comes).
You still ordered 7 of them so opinion of you doesn't change. I think you're greedy, regardless of whether you're gonna get 'rich' off of them or not. Don't need to be smart to come up with that.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 AM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
You still ordered 7 of them so opinion of you doesn't change. I think you're greedy, regardless of whether you're gonna get 'rich' off of them or not.
Well, that's your opinion. I am still paying for them, I am not stealing them.
I bet you're also calling people who earn a lot of money, or receiving a high bonus, 'greedy'?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #56

Jun 2012

How much did they cost when they went up? Like the original cost?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #57

Jun 2012

And I've never double bought. Don't see any point in doing so. I mean I was even struggling whether to go Blu Ray when I had all the Pixar DVDs. I got them eventually
Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Well, that's your opinion. I am still paying for them, I am not stealing them.
I bet you're also calling people who earn a lot of money, or receiving a high bonus, 'greedy'?
What a waste of time you are. Enjoy your steelbooks and enjoy the money you make off of em. I'll look out for them on eBay
Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowat2012 View Post
how much did they cost when they went up? Like the original cost?
€15,00
Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #60
Expert Member

Feb 2009
England, UK

Quote:
1) No one said you'd get "rich" off them.
2) If you trade an Iron Man steelbook for something else, the item you get in return is still you profiting of the steelbook rather than someone who would buy it to add to their collection.
3) You bought seven copies. S E V E N COPIES. How is that not being greedy? You've stated you'll trade two so you clearly don't even want those ones that bad. Two for your "friends", if we believe they exist for now, you could let slide. Three for yourself in case of damage? Greed once again.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland