Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Middle-Earth Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$599.99
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$73.16
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #301
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Syracuse, NY

LOL...dude you have issues....get upset much over Blu-rays. So just because I think it looks good I'm wrong? Go cry to someone else about it. Talk about taking it to the extreme. Psycho fits you well.
Thanks given by:
Russhole (05-17-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #302
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

Night of the Comet is an amazing post-apocalyptic film, with a nice amount of humor & '80's nostalgia - including a nice soundtrack...notably Cyndi Lauper's Girls just want to have fun played over a key scene - LOL. On the surface, the film seemed to be a cheap sci-fi B movie - however, the effects budget must have been big because it was a lot of work to make a large city seem deserted; also the zombie/mutant effects were great - and, the scene with the red sky was incredible as well.

It's also worth noting that two of the film's stars (Robert Beltran & to a lesser extent Mary Woronov) also starred in another early '80's black comedy, Eating Raoul.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:49 PM   #303
Special Member

Nov 2015
Hawaii

Is the arrow release region free?
If so, I'll cancel my amazon order...
Old 05-15-2016, 11:52 PM   #304
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Max View Post
Is the arrow release region free?
Of course not.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:02 AM   #305
Special Member

Nov 2015
Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Of course not.
Nuts. Oh well.
Thanks for the quick response.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:15 AM   #306
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
WI, USA

It plays on Panasonics, though.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:33 AM   #307

Sep 2015
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
LOL...dude you have issues....get upset much over Blu-rays. So just because I think it looks good I'm wrong? Go cry to someone else about it. Talk about taking it to the extreme. Psycho fits you well.
I feel ya. Dude's a str8 up weenie.
WISH LIST:Hunter's Blood, Summer Camp Nightmare, Quiet Cool, Future Kill, Spring Forward, Lone Star, Stakeout, Tin Men, Split, Uncommon Valor, April Fools Day, House I and II, Hangin' with the Homeboys, Treasure of the Four Crowns, The Hidden, 2019: After the Fall of New York, Warrior of the Lost World, Deep Space, Brain Damage, Waxwork I and II, Young Warriors, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Visitants, Deathstalker, Black Moon Rising, Sole Survivor, Night Patrol, Silver Bullet.
Thanks given by:
Russhole (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 01:47 AM   #308
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2012
Georgia

I'm happy with the Scream Factory release, myself.

These Arrow vs. Scream Factory discussions always make me think about the Star-Bellied Sneetches from the Dr. Suess story. There's probably always going to be a bigger and better release of a film in my collection that pops up somewhere on the globe, but if the one that I have is presentable in high definition, then I'll stay with it.
Thanks given by:
drak b (05-17-2016), reelgeek (05-29-2016), xander (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 01:49 AM   #309
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
Have a 60 inch...looks nice to me so save the usual blu-ray.com anal probing. Just enjoy the damn movie whatever version you have.
This kind of reaction is EXACTLY WHY Shout gets all the criticism they deserve. We should demand great Blu-rays not poor discs with shitty cover art that resembles Iron Maiden covers.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:53 AM   #310

Sep 2015
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
This kind of reaction is EXACTLY WHY Shout gets all the criticism they deserve. We should demand great Blu-rays not poor discs with shitty cover art that resembles Iron Maiden covers.
Shout is a great company. Arrow seems to be their Criterion competition by way of supplementaries and especially transfers. Arrow is very high quality care. But Shout/Scream are no slouches. And the point is to enjoy the movie. You may have to perform the transfer yourself if you want the quality you seek. Then again, I can still watch betas blown through a projector and get off. For now we take what we can get and enjoy or we turn the cheek, put our wallet back into our pockets and walk away quietly.

Shout/Scream, like Arrow, are very good about having the original artwork on the sleeve reverse so..just flip it on over and "Up the irons!"
WISH LIST:Hunter's Blood, Summer Camp Nightmare, Quiet Cool, Future Kill, Spring Forward, Lone Star, Stakeout, Tin Men, Split, Uncommon Valor, April Fools Day, House I and II, Hangin' with the Homeboys, Treasure of the Four Crowns, The Hidden, 2019: After the Fall of New York, Warrior of the Lost World, Deep Space, Brain Damage, Waxwork I and II, Young Warriors, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Visitants, Deathstalker, Black Moon Rising, Sole Survivor, Night Patrol, Silver Bullet.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:57 AM   #311

Sep 2015
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
I won't save you anything. Glad you can enjoy crap. But the proof is there whether or not you want to believe it to save face.

Again, what looks "nice to you" doesn't mean it's good, or correct. It just means you are complacent with mediocre blu-rays. It's funny, because the Arrow looks better, and I personally would rather have what looks better.
Then get the Arrow and shut up. How's that work for ya?
Old 05-29-2016, 01:38 AM   #312
Expert Member

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

I like this movie so much that I'm double dipping and getting the Arrow version for the missing extras.
Thanks given by:
Marv Inc. (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #313

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I'm happy with the Scream Factory release, myself.

These Arrow vs. Scream Factory discussions always make me think about the Star-Bellied Sneetches from the Dr. Suess story. There's probably always going to be a bigger and better release of a film in my collection that pops up somewhere on the globe, but if the one that I have is presentable in high definition, then I'll stay with it.
Shout is also very good for people who want cult films on a budget. I'm glad there are usually better versions of these films elsewhere for the connoisseurs, but affordable versions for people on a budget is something I personally respect.
Thanks given by:
reelgeek (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #314
Special Member

Nov 2015
Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon76 View Post
Shout is a great company. Arrow seems to be their Criterion competition by way of supplementaries and especially transfers. Arrow is very high quality care. But Shout/Scream are no slouches. And the point is to enjoy the movie. You may have to perform the transfer yourself if you want the quality you seek. Then again, I can still watch betas blown through a projector and get off. For now we take what we can get and enjoy or we turn the cheek, put our wallet back into our pockets and walk away quietly.

Shout/Scream, like Arrow, are very good about having the original artwork on the sleeve reverse so..just flip it on over and "Up the irons!"
Wow!
So much ignorance in one post!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #315
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Wow!
What is wrong with his post? Seemed he has very good philosophy as to why he's not a nitpicker, and that he understands the strengths of both companies! What you said doesn't respond to a single thing that he said, it's just a drive-by thread-crapping.

My opinion on all this is that the movie is awesome and that in this particular case the Arrow is clearly a bit better but that very, very few people are going to have their experience ruined by the Scream version. I have the Arrow because I picked it up in a sale for less than the Scream was going for at the time, and had heard it was slightly better, but I'm not convinced I'd have noticed any difference. I did care about the one additional extra though
Thanks given by:
EvilResident (06-02-2016), hockeyshark91 (06-01-2016), nikon76 (06-02-2016), petrified-eye (06-02-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 09:17 PM   #316
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

There are definitely Arrows that look a good bit better, for those without region-locks. Lifeforce is the one that really jumps out in my mind, it's a sizeable upgrade from the Shout release with the bonus of a new documentary. In the vast majority of cases though I would guess most people aren't nit-picky enough to notice much of a difference. I bet most people also don't have large, calibrated televisions they sit closely too either.

Anyway, I got Night of the Comet from Shout in the sale because f' it.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:12 AM   #317

Sep 2015
USA

Quote:
Wow!
You accidentally copied my post to your post, which, other than the accidental copying of my post, is 100% correct about being ignorant! LOL
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America