Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Taken 3 (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Force Majeure (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Gone with the Pope (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Don't Go in the Woods (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Say Anything... (Blu-ray)
$4.50
Whiplash (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (Blu-ray)
$7.64
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #321
Expert Member

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Ordered this for $5 on amazon, shipping and handling included.

Deep Rising was on TV the other day and I was surprised to learn that it did receive a HD transfer, so I searched to see if it was on blu-ray and my surprise, it's on this double feature with The Puppet Masters, which I haven't seen in a while but do recall enjoying, so yeah. I bought this for both movies.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:44 AM   #322
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post
Ordered this for $5 on amazon, shipping and handling included.

Deep Rising was on TV the other day and I was surprised to learn that it did receive a HD transfer, so I searched to see if it was on blu-ray and my surprise, it's on this double feature with The Puppet Masters, which I haven't seen in a while but do recall enjoying, so yeah. I bought this for both movies.
Yeah, this was a great purchase. I love both films and is one my favorite double features
Old 12-27-2014, 06:02 AM   #323

Aug 2007
Virginia
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven007 View Post
What is this movie about?
Sector 7 is a Korean sci-fi movie. It's basically a rip-off of Alien & Deep Star Six, with a dash of The Intruder Within. A very inept oil rig crew vs. a monster from the deep, on an off shore rig. They look and act, as if they're playing fetch with the creature, rather than being terrified of it.

Great production design and cinematography. Lousy CGI and green screen sets.

It has a FEW effective 3-D shots. But it's a bore to sit through.

PS: I also hated The Host. I know it gets rave reviews, but I just could not, get into it.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:12 AM   #324

Aug 2007
Virginia
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriess View Post
I dunno, Deep Rising looks bad, really bad. I actually had an HD broadcast that looked better but I deleted it thinking the Blu had to be superior
I agree. Deep Rising looks very washed out. The HD broadcasts look great.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #325
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

The movie is great, and remember this is a Mill Creek release so PQ isnt usually their strong point
Old 12-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #326

Feb 2009
Green River

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
The movie is great, and remember this is a Mill Creek release so PQ isnt usually their strong point
Yes but even considering that this version looks pretty awful. It's dingy and ugly. I wouldn't be so harsh if I didn't know this could easily look much better.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #327
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

I remember the transfer on the DVD looking very good despite the fact it wasn't anamorphically-enhanced. It was one of the better-looking DVD transfers of the era, actually. I thought the BD looked OK, certainly it could been better but it's not one of the worst I've seen. Awesome flick that needs a special edition.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #328

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I remember the transfer on the DVD looking very good despite the fact it wasn't anamorphically-enhanced. It was one of the better-looking DVD transfers of the era, actually. I thought the BD looked OK, certainly it could been better but it's not one of the worst I've seen. Awesome flick that needs a special edition.
Eh, I had the DVD and promptly sold it once I upgraded. Tried watching it and it was atrocious which propelled me to upgrade even if it was a double feature set (which I'm not a fan of for organizing purposes). The blu version is a huge improvement even if it's not great by comparing it with other films of the time.

Not to say that the DVD didn't get its use back in the day... on a 28" CRT TV which hid many of its flaws.

I'd certainly love for this film to get more love than it gets, it's a fun creature feature.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #329
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

And outside North America, the DVD release was full-screen, so the BD release was hugely welcome!
Old 01-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #330

Jul 2011

I made a separate custom cover for Deep Rising that was released as a double feature along with The Puppet Masters. If you would like a copy of the full high resolution file, PM me. The resolution in the file below is significantly reduced.

Cheers!
Steve

Last edited by steev210; 01-30-2015 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #331

Aug 2007
Virginia
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steev210 View Post
I made a separate custom cover for Deep Rising that was released as a double feature along with The Puppet Masters. If you would like a copy of the full high resolution file, PM me. The resolution in the file below is significantly reduced.

Cheers!
Steve
I love the back cover. I prefer the poster with the creature's eye. The one with the jet ski, always made the movie seem, like a direct to video cheap 90s flick. People didn't realize it was a monster movie.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #332

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDiaz718 View Post
I love the back cover. I prefer the poster with the creature's eye. The one with the jet ski, always made the movie seem, like a direct to video cheap 90s flick. People didn't realize it was a monster movie.
Haha yeah, I always laughed at that front cover, it's such a bad photoshop job since nothing really melds together. I guess it is fitting though since the movie has a great amount of cheese to it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America