Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Phantasm (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Krampus (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$52.99
Phantasm: RaVager (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (Blu-ray)
$21.49
The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
$6.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #2361

Oct 2014

Happinet is the one to get. Do it before its gone!
Thanks given by:
Richard--W (09-07-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 01:14 AM   #2362

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Which is still $12.59 plus shipping (or less, if you use the points CD Japan gives you for registering).
Thank you for this tip! Just snagged myself a copy after redeeming the points.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:06 AM   #2363
Banned

Jun 2016

I'm very happy with the Happinet Night of the Living Dead Blu-ray!
Thanks given by:
kidglov3s (06-26-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 04:43 AM   #2364

Feb 2010

I figured I would update the thread with the following information.

Umbrella Entertainment Double Feature:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=273605

And of course you all have heard of Night of the Living Dead(1968) lost footage now found. Anyone know if there is a blu-ray release in the works for this?

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...-dead-footage/
Old 07-15-2016, 05:04 AM   #2365
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari Charles View Post
IAnd of course you all have heard of Night of the Living Dead(1968) lost footage now found. Anyone know if there is a blu-ray release in the works for this?

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...-dead-footage/
Speculation abounds, but nothing is confirmed at this point.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:20 AM   #2366

Feb 2010

Updated 1st page.

Any other blu-ray releases of NOTLD(1968) that are missing from page 1?
Old 07-15-2016, 05:25 AM   #2367
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
USA

Huh. Didn't realized Forgotten Films fixed their release with a second printing. That's good to hear.

All is forgiven Forgotten.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:56 PM   #2368

Oct 2010
Exclamation Forgotten Films "Second Pressing"

I had ordered the Forgotten Films release a few years back, before any purported "second pressing."

When I read here that there had been a second pressing with the missing footage restored, I immediately placed another order for said disc, directly from Forgotten Films via their storefront on Amazon.

Disc arrived today and it is exactly the same as my first disc, feature time 1:35:19.

So I wrote to Forgotten Films to inquire about the second pressing mentioned here, with a link to the forums, and I was told (direct quote):

"Hi! Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, no, there has never been a second pressing from Forgotten Films."

So the claims of a second pressing appear to be in error.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:03 AM   #2369
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Within the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by torishu View Post
I had ordered the Forgotten Films release a few years back, before any purported "second pressing."

When I read here that there had been a second pressing with the missing footage restored, I immediately placed another order for said disc, directly from Forgotten Films via their storefront on Amazon.

Disc arrived today and it is exactly the same as my first disc, feature time 1:35:19.

So I wrote to Forgotten Films to inquire about the second pressing mentioned here, with a link to the forums, and I was told (direct quote):

"Hi! Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, no, there has never been a second pressing from Forgotten Films."

So the claims of a second pressing appear to be in error.

A few years ago I emailed the guy "making" these when I got the wrong release off Amazon. He apologized, said he used the wrong files to make disc. Then sent the corrected copy which wasn't missing any footage, but was burned and was labeled with just the title, not pressed. Don't know what he used as a source for the second disc, but I I'm thinking it may have moved him from a grey market public domain release to bootleg status. So he probably stopped doing that. Just guessing. Threw mine out a while ago after I picked up the Happinet release.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:23 AM   #2370
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

He likely just burned the longer cut real quick to appease buyers in the beginning, then stopped bothering to do so at some point. I really don't think that can be called a bootleg since the movie is public domain. You could sell burned copies all day long if someone was dumb enough to buy them.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:27 AM   #2371
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Glad I never encountered the Forgotten Films release and went straight for the Happinet disc.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:48 AM   #2372

Oct 2010

HonestJohn, StingingVelvet...

Thanks for your input. Things start to become clearer.

I had mentioned the forum to Forgotten Films and that users had even implied that they had a copy of the second pressing. It did feel like I wasn't getting all of the information.

It's disappointing that I wasn't offered even just a burned copy of the complete film, especially as a repeat customer, but I guess there's nothing I can do. (I actually don't mind burned media, especially in a special case like this.) I would have liked to have had it, even just for comparison's sake.

I appreciate you guys helping clear this up for me as I found it hard to believe everybody here was wrong, yet the direct quote from Forgotten Films implied they were.

At least this "lesson" wasn't too expensive!
Old 09-07-2016, 09:16 AM   #2373

Nov 2012

I recommend the Happinet blu-ray from Japan. It's in region A. It's razor-sharp, the sharpest and the cleanest the film has ever looked. It's complete and uncut. It's authorized by George A. Romero. There is a minor framing issue in a few shots that makes this release imperfect, but it is still the best release the film has ever had, in terms of image quality and completeness. Buy the Happinet edition if you can find it and be happy.

I read somewhere that the Happinet transfer has also been issued in Australia but I haven't seen that so can't confirm.
Most Wanted BluRay: La merveilleuse vie de Jeanne d'Arc (France 1929), Riders of the Purple Sage (1931), The Pearl (Mexico 1947), Blood On the Moon (1948), Bwana Devil 3D, Hondo 3D, I the Jury 3D, Second Chance 3D, Charge at Feather River 3D, Taza Son of Cochise 3D, Les sorcières de Salem (France 1957), Island of the Blue Dolphins (1964), La marca del Hombre Lobo 3-D (Spain 1968), Domo Arigato 3D (1972), Once (1974), Black Sunday (1977), Five Days One Summer (1982).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America