Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Dallas Buyers Club (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Django Unchained (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ride Along (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate ~ Only God Forgives Movie
One Star 7 6.48%
Two Stars 17 15.74%
Three Stars 24 22.22%
Four Stars 34 31.48%
Five Stars 26 24.07%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #1061
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Just watched this again the other night. It's hard to rate but man, I absolutely love the score and cinematography. I can see myself watching it again and again just for that reason alone.
Thanks given by:
thenexus6 (09-10-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #1062
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tomorrow View Post
I disliked the film so much, it even made me think a little less of Drive, which I had loved. Refn appears to have a limited box of tricks and here they congealed into empty affectation.
I agree to a point Todd.

I still love Drive but will never trust Winding Refn again - rental next time! I tried to watch OGF a second time and got so annoyed after 20 minutes I switched it off. And I managed to sell my copy at last last week so I wont be tempted to try and watch it again luckily. The karaoke scenes were the last straw - the film is barely 90 minutes long and yet we get 10 minutes (feels like hours!) of awful karaoke...honestly...

OGF is so empty. Theres no story and no script. People can read into it what they like but its meaningless to me. I think the director is actually trying to annoy Gosling/Drive fans with OGF and hes certainly succeeded for me. The soundtrack is good but its nothing on Drive. The visuals are great but they have no substance whatsoever. It feels like a video installation - a very expensive video installation to which they tried to add some semblance of meaning and plot.
Leo needs new shoes...
Old 09-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #1063
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

I liked OGF but will say. It doesn't hold up to Drive or Vahalla Rising. Picked up a cheap copy a few weeks ago. I'll rewatch it just not as often as Drive.
Remembering our Soldiers overseas. Hoping they all get to come home soon to be with their family.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #1064
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
I liked OGF but will say. It doesn't hold up to Drive or Vahalla Rising. Picked up a cheap copy a few weeks ago. I'll rewatch it just not as often as Drive.
I quite liked Valhalla Rising. And I liked Bronson quite a bit too mainly thanks to Tom Hardy's performance.
Leo needs new shoes...
Old 09-12-2014, 02:10 AM   #1065
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
I quite liked Valhalla Rising. And I liked Bronson quite a bit too mainly thanks to Tom Hardy's performance.
Definetly on both points. Hardy did a good job in it, has a very interesting story too. Valhalla Rising when I watched it I couldn't stop thinking about it. Finally found a copy of it on blu.
Remembering our Soldiers overseas. Hoping they all get to come home soon to be with their family.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #1066
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
I hated Bronson. Couldn't finish it. The constant mugging to the camera really irritated me.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #1067
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
I hated Bronson. Couldn't finish it. The constant mugging to the camera really irritated me.
That's the point though.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Thanks given by:
Pounder (09-13-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies