Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$52.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Bram Stoker's Dracula / Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Autómata (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Malcolm X (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gattaca (Blu-ray)
$4.96
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Darker than Black: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$61.05
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The World Wars (Blu-ray)
$9.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 12-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #981
Power Member

Feb 2011
London, UK

Takeshi Kitano is the man for the job!
Old 12-23-2014, 05:20 AM   #982
Suspended

Mar 2011

Director Scott Derrickson tweeted fan art of Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange:

Old 12-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #983
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBlu View Post
Director Scott Derrickson tweeted fan art of Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange:

[Show spoiler]
Holy Hera is that cool! Wow.
MOST ANTICIPATED: Knight of Cups, Mockingjay2, Mistress America, Carol, Neon Demon, Personal Shopper, Macbeth, The Lobster, Joy, Steve Jobs, Amy, Dark Places, The Assassin
Old 01-23-2015, 01:07 AM   #984
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Chiwetel Ejiofor Circling ‘Doctor Strange’

Marvel Studios could be setting up a 12 Years a Slave reunion. Chiwetel Ejiofor is reportedly circling Doctor Strange, which will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the title character. Scott Derrickson is directing. More on the possible Chiwetel Ejiofor Doctor Strange casting after the jump.

TheWrap reports Ejiofor is nearing a deal for the comic book movie, and in fact has already begun turning down roles to make room for the Doctor Strange shoot this fall. Marvel hasn’t yet confirmed the casting, let alone revealed which character Ejiofor will be playing. Plot details are also being kept under wraps for now.

According to their trade’s source, Ejiofor will not be portraying the villain, believed to be Baron Mordo. (Daniel Brühl has been rumored for that one.) Instead, they believe Ejiofor will be playing the Ancient One. He serves as mentor to both Stephen Strange and Baron Mordo, and precedes Strange as Earth’s Sorcerer Supreme.

An earlier rumor had pegged Morgan Freeman, Bill Nighy, and Ken Watanabe as three possibilities for the Ancient One. Ejiofor seems a bit young for the role in comparison, but maybe Marvel has decided to go in a different direction for the character.

THR additionally suggests that Ejiofor may be playing Wong, Doctor Strange’s monk servant/sidekick. Although the character is Chinese in the comics, Marvel has previously demonstrated that isn’t entirely adverse to mixing up the ethnicities of supporting characters, as they did for Heimdall in the Thor movies.

Ejiofor is currently shooting The Martian for Ridley Scott and will next move on to Billy Ray’s remake of The Secret in Their Eyes. Later this year, he’ll be seen in Craig Zobel’s post-apocalyptic drama Z for Zachariah and John Hillcoat’s crime drama Triple Nine. He was recently eyed for the villain role in Spectre, but a deal was never struck.

Doctor Strange opens November 4, 2016.
Slashfilm
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter

Thanks given by:
djakrse (01-23-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #985
Suspended

Mar 2011

RUMOR: DOCTOR STRANGE To Debut On Netflix's IRON FIST Before His Solo Movie
Quote:
Could we see the Sorcerer Supreme make his grand entrance on TV before the Doctor Strange movie next year? Apparently the plan is for him to show up in Iron Fist in some capacity, though it's not certain Benedict Cumberbatch will actually be playing him...

Like any rumor we'll have to take this with the requisite pinch of salt, but Bleeding Cool have been on point with some of their Marvel related scoops recently so it's probably best to pay attention at least. According to their sources, Marvel plans to introduce the character of Doctor Strange in one of their upcoming Netflix TV shows; specifically Iron Fist. They're not sure whether Benedict Cumberbatch will actually play the character in the flesh, but reckon it's a good bet that he'll "at least do the voice."

We know Marvel like to lay the groundwork before introducing a new character to the MCU whenever possible, and aside from a brief mention in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, it's been all quiet on the Strange front. Granted introducing a major player on TV before his own film is uncharted territory, but if the plan really is to merge everything together for the Infinity War movies anyway, I don't see this as being too far fetched. Plus, Iron Fist is definitely the character it makes most sense to pair Stephen Strange up with.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=119362
Thanks given by:
djakrse (04-24-2015), Forever Knight (04-26-2015), MPeriolat (04-24-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #986
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Singapore
-

Maybe introduce Stephen Strange before he was sorcerer supreme? And then the movie itself shows him having the accident, losing his hands and gaining his powers from the ancient one.

I hope I don't have to watch the TV series to get myself up to speed. I want Doctor Strange to stand on its own.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:55 PM   #987
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2015
Dallas, TX

I really liked Patrick Dempsey to play Dr. Strange when that idea was first tossed out.

I'm luke warm on Cumberbatch, but I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it.

Dr. Strange is my favorite of the animated features, and I think the one they could stick most closely too in a live action MCU film.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #988
Expert Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre08 View Post
I really liked Patrick Dempsey to play Dr. Strange when that idea was first tossed out.

I'm luke warm on Cumberbatch, but I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it.

Dr. Strange is my favorite of the animated features, and I think the one they could stick most closely too in a live action MCU film.
The most interesting rumour at the time was Matthew Modine IMO. How ****ing kool would that have been, especially if Strange does show up on Netflix. Pvt's Joker and Pyle both in the MCU!!

Anyway, I'm lukewarm on Cumberbatch as well. I don't like him at all but I trust Marvel so...
Old 04-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #989
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2015
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHarvey1990 View Post
The most interesting rumour at the time was Matthew Modine IMO. How ****ing kool would that have been, especially if Strange does show up on Netflix. Pvt's Joker and Pyle both in the MCU!!

Anyway, I'm lukewarm on Cumberbatch as well. I don't like him at all but I trust Marvel so...
I did not realize until just this instant that Fisk was Pvt. "Pyle"
Old 04-26-2015, 02:02 AM   #990

Jun 2012
Richmond, KY

Quote:
I did not realize until just this instant that Fisk was Pvt. "Pyle"
Quite a compliment to Vincent that you cannot draw a connection until just now. Aside from "knowing" he's Pyle and Edgar in MIB, I can't see him as anything but Fisk now.

And the first on-screen Thor. Kinda.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:05 AM   #991
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2015
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeriolat View Post
Quite a compliment to Vincent that you cannot draw a connection until just now. Aside from "knowing" he's Pyle and Edgar in MIB, I can't see him as anything but Fisk now.

And the first on-screen Thor. Kinda.
he's an absolutely fantastic character actor
Old 04-26-2015, 02:22 AM   #992

Jun 2012
Richmond, KY

Quote:
he's an absolutely fantastic character actor
Let us hope his contract to Marvel is long, very very long. Love to see him return throughout the Netflix stuff, hopefully some other projects down the road.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:39 AM   #993
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2015
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeriolat View Post
Let us hope his contract to Marvel is long, very very long. Love to see him return throughout the Netflix stuff, hopefully some other projects down the road.
well, IIRC Fisk does appear in a few things outside of Daredevil. He's also probably the most well known and experienced actor in the series, so hopefully they can use his character to full effect.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #994

Apr 2015
America, Land of 'Eco'-packaging BS
-
-

I'm thrilled about the Doctor Strange movie coming soon. This should mean that my phone will ring any day now with Marvel/Disney offering me $150-200million budget to direct a Cloak and Dagger movie, right? My directing fee should definitely be well above the twenty dollars or so that it will cost me to replace my Cloak and Dagger comic books collection which got damaged years ago.

Well, Idris Elba is more than a bit old to convincingly play Ty even though he would be more than adequate as Cloak and Michael B. Jordan already has the Fantastic Four, so we'll have to think about that and think of blonde actresses with ballet training/dance backgrounds to play Tandy/Dagger that aren't already tied to another Marvel character. I'm not sure how they're going to feel about the church imagery and the romantically-obsessed priest who gets institutionalized, but hey noone complained or tried to alter the story of The Golden Compass in any way whatsoever and we all now how much of a huge success it was, so everything should be just peachy...
Samsung 46" LED 120hz only2D + mediocre old Panasonic HTIB Blu + newer Samsung Blu

Someone please end Michael Bay's reign of terror against quality filmmaking. The world really doesn't need for there to be as many hideously awful Transformers movies as there are Fast and/or Furious movies. Just make it stop.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:31 AM   #995

Apr 2014
California

Anyone know if a reference to "Cyttorak" is something with which studios could have issues with a la "mutants?" Obviously this is a minor issue but it could affect what Doc would call the crimson bands. Looks like Cyttorak was first mentioned in Strange Tales almost a full year before we saw his temple in x-men. Of course the best scenario is Fox and Disney share.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:06 AM   #996
Special Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

I'm really looking forward to this movie, especially because of Cumberbatch playing Strange.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vancouver Canucks fan till the day I die! The Cup WILL be ours very soon! Better believe it! Choke on it, haters!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD/Bluray collection: http://beefmaster10000.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1
Old 05-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #997
Power Member

May 2010
Portland, OR

Really?

Bumping the thread with no actual news...

You got my hopes up.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
comic book movie, doctor strange, marvel, mcu, supernatural