Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #121
movielib movielib is offline
Expert Member
 
movielib's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Madison, WI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerovb View Post
It might be that ur tv supports it. Try it on a region free panasonic bd player with the same setup. If it fails to show video, that confirms it.
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Of course, I don't have a Panasonic player. I'm willing to go only so far for science.

If it helps, my TV is a Samsung UN60F7100. The video signal is passing through a Denon AVR-X2000 receiver.

You obviously know more about this than I so maybe my TV model can give you a clue.

As for me, I'm just happy both my Oppo and Sony region free players seem to handle the most common problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #122
meyerovb meyerovb is offline
Active Member
 
meyerovb's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
409
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib View Post
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Of course, I don't have a Panasonic player. I'm willing to go only so far for science.



If it helps, my TV is a Samsung UN60F7100. The video signal is passing through a Denon AVR-X2000 receiver.



You obviously know more about this than I so maybe my TV model can give you a clue.



As for me, I'm just happy both my Oppo and Sony region free players seem to handle the most common problems.

I love how for us, this is 'science'
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #123
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2013
2
Default Bombay thoughts...

My first( so far, only) region free BD player is the Orei M2.

Bought it from Bombay via Amazon open-box.. Got it and it worked great for a week, then started failing. Bombay exchanged it for a NIB. Took a while as they were out of stock, but it was mailed from the place that does the mod.

Looking for my 2nd...for the other house. Tired of toting the Orei. Will probably get the LG BP530 as I have VZW as my internet provider using an LG G3 and Pad 8.3(LTE verzion). The 530 packs features(coax output, vtuner, spotify etc) I'll use with convenience features within the "LG family".

Determining now if I'll repeat with Bombay....or buy at 220( currently costs slightly less there, even after the 5% coupon).

By the way, outside the Fisher-Price remote, the Orei is fine. I also only paid $108 for it.

Last edited by schan1269; 08-19-2014 at 04:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #124
gink10 gink10 is offline
New Member
 
Oct 2014
Default

Hi guys im have a trouble and need your help.

Want to buy a cheap region free blu ray player from 220 electronics so im betweenn these two options:

Toshiba BDX1400RF and Sony BDP-S1200 which one its the best option or its much better and why??

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #125
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2013
2
Default

Neither of those comes "priced" with multi-region BD playback. It is an option.

Both are $140 once you factor in ABC.

The LG 335 costs a little more, and offers a bunch more features.

Last edited by schan1269; 11-02-2014 at 11:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #126
gink10 gink10 is offline
New Member
 
Oct 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
Neither of those comes "priced" with multi-region BD playback. It is an option.

Both are $140 once you factor in ABC.

The LG 335 costs a little more, and offers a bunch more features.
Yes know that both cost $140 but my limit its $150 bucks so only want to know which one will be the best option to me??,and im confused about buy in 220 electronics or bombay what do you think??
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #127
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2013
2
Default

Bombay has a larger selection. Bombay also has coupon codes(220 might, never looked).

But if I were only spending $150...I'd buy where you have the most options.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #128
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2013
2
Default

Bargainoffers is a code to use for an additional 5% off at Bombay.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:00 AM   #129
cavesailor cavesailor is offline
Active Member
 
cavesailor's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Kentucky
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gink10 View Post
Yes know that both cost $140 but my limit its $150 bucks so only want to know which one will be the best option to me??,and im confused about buy in 220 electronics or bombay what do you think??
I can not speak to particular models, but a few yeaars ago I bought a region free player from 220. They were temp. out of the model I ordered so they sent me a better model at no additional cost rather than make me wait. I called them about a few questions and the person I spoke to was very knowlegable and polite. I think they are great to deal with. I know nothing about Bombay.
Pioneer 5010 FD TV
Oppo-95 player
Pioneer VSX-1120-K receiver
Def Tech Mythos STS front towers
Def Tech Mythos Nine center
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:04 AM   #130
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2013
2
Default

Speaking of which...WI, 220 and Bombay are all in Chicago.

You might just call to see if any have an open box they'll sell for the $150.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #131
gink10 gink10 is offline
New Member
 
Oct 2014
Default

Thanks users for the coments really aprecciated so much!!

Have another question,which website its more fast shipping 220 or Bombay??
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #132
Haqu Haqu is offline
New Member
 
Nov 2014
31
Default

I would like to know if Bombay is trusted site. I want to order a region free player but on 220-electronics the price of shipment to my country is $80! That's incredible. On bombay it is "just" $65 and thay have big selection of players. Do you recommend Bombay or 220-electronics?

Also, how durable these modified blu-ray players are? If they are going to brake after 2 months then i would just wait, save some money and go for an Oppo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:27 AM   #133
tedopolous tedopolous is offline
Active Member
 
tedopolous's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haqu View Post
I would like to know if Bombay is trusted site. I want to order a region free player but on 220-electronics the price of shipment to my country is $80! That's incredible. On bombay it is "just" $65 and thay have big selection of players. Do you recommend Bombay or 220-electronics?

Also, how durable these modified blu-ray players are? If they are going to brake after 2 months then i would just wait, save some money and go for an Oppo.
I've made two purchases from Bombay Electronics. Great service. Players were shipped double boxed. The modifications have no bearing on player durability. Use it in a dirt and dust free enviroment and it should last as long as any other.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Haqu (11-15-2014), schan1269 (11-13-2014)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 PM.