Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #81

Nov 2011
Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
Funnily enough, in several instances, the Blu-ray upgrade ended up costing me less money than I got for selling the DVD.
Every single one of the movies were worth upgrading, though. No doubt about it.
Ditto with my experience. I was amazed at how many of my upgrades were the same or cheaper! Of course now that seems to happen much less, getting harder to get rid of my DVDs. Fortunately, I've already upgraded the vast majority..... and agree with others, I don't have a single one that wasn't worth upgrading.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #82
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin48 View Post
Ditto with my experience. I was amazed at how many of my upgrades were the same or cheaper! Of course now that seems to happen much less, getting harder to get rid of my DVDs. Fortunately, I've already upgraded the vast majority..... and agree with others, I don't have a single one that wasn't worth upgrading.
I just deleted my "203 out of the 228 Blu-rays in my collections are upgrades over DVDs" post, because I realized that I posted basically the same thing a few pages back, but the part that you quoted was still worth a mention.

I had been wanting to streamline my DVD collection for ages, because there were a lot of movies that I did not frequently revisit anymore. I decided to sell the DVDs en masse while I could still get a decent amount of money for them, and I'm happy with that decision, because I got a lot of money for some of the more obscure titles. That money has funded most of my Blu-ray purchases to date.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #83

Nov 2011
Denver

I sold my Star Trek Original Series DVDs to some dude on Craigslist, and got exactly the amount of the blu ray purchase! That was a great score. And fans of that KNOW what a huge improvement that is....
Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #84

Jun 2012

I have amassed well over 2,000 DVDs over the past decade and I have no plans on upgrading them to Blu-ray anytime soon. Many of them aren't even available in HD yet, and most probably won't be. I will upgrade my immediate favorites, the titles I watch more than once a year, but that's where the upgrade stops. For any new/recent releases, I will always buy on Blu-ray. I still add older catalog titles to my DVD collection from time to time
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America