Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #361
Power Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperuk View Post
i wanted to get this but missed it twice. first time it was marked as sold out and the second time i had it, hit refresh and it was sold out.

found some guy on ebay with 6 of them. surely Zavvi should limit the number per person or something.
Contact them and ask, you never know.

I bought Terminator SB from Play.com. It went out of stock long before release date. I called them to say my copy arrived but had a small scratch, they sent me a new one next day free and didn't ask for the return of the damaged copy. Customer service guy said they keep copies for replacements and if post goes missing etc.

Zavvi could be different, but its only a phone call to find out.
Pre-Orders: The Toxic Avenger, Tourist Trap, Wolf of Wall Street, Beetlejuice - zavvi SB, Mars Attacks - zavvi SB, Homefront, Robocop (2014) SB, Sleepaway Camp C.E, The 'Burbs - SB, V for Vendetta - zavvi SB, Oldboy, 47 Ronin, American Hustle, Ninja II, The Monuments Men
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #362
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
USA

Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #363
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post

I bought Terminator SB from Play.com. It went out of stock long before release date. I called them to say my copy arrived but had a small scratch, they sent me a new one next day free and didn't ask for the return of the damaged copy. Customer service guy said they keep copies for replacements and if post goes missing etc.

I thought Zavvi turned off all the phones, and the only way to resolve a problem is via their message centre.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #364
Expert Member

Jun 2011
vancouver

zavvi is the worst company to do with
when returning busted items
i got a smashed case for the bourne 4 movie set they offered me 1$ back for my trouble im like no i want a new mint movie what i paid for
after 2 weeks of back and forth they sent me a new busted one again so i gave up
wish they used boxes when doing big orders
Old 10-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #365

Jun 2012
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post

if its email only i haven't got a chance, i can try i guess
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #366

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedealsonmovies View Post
zavvi is the worst company to do with
when returning busted items
i got a smashed case for the bourne 4 movie set they offered me 1$ back for my trouble im like no i want a new mint movie what i paid for
after 2 weeks of back and forth they sent me a new busted one again so i gave up
wish they used boxes when doing big orders
I'd heard bad things about their shipping packaging as well. But the consensus opinion since they've become the steelbook HQ in the wake of HMV's webstore downfall is that they've improved their packaging. Nevertheless, I was almost sure that the Rocketeer steel would come damaged--it didn't, but not because the packaging was sturdy. I think I've actually cut back on steelbook purchases because I'm tired of obsessing over justifying paying more for cool packaging and then getting pissed when I open it to find a dent, scratch or other defect.

Still, this Rocketeer steel is pretty nice. And for about 26 bucks, it's not much more than what the US version costs.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #367

Jun 2012
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrek View Post
I'd heard bad things about their shipping packaging as well. But the consensus opinion since they've become the steelbook HQ in the wake of HMV's webstore downfall is that they've improved their packaging. Nevertheless, I was almost sure that the Rocketeer steel would come damaged--it didn't, but not because the packaging was sturdy. I think I've actually cut back on steelbook purchases because I'm tired of obsessing over justifying paying more for cool packaging and then getting pissed when I open it to find a dent, scratch or other defect.

Still, this Rocketeer steel is pretty nice. And for about 26 bucks, it's not much more than what the US version costs.
so far i've not had a problem with Zavvi. Play.com i have had items lost or damaged. but Zavvi do just then to pop it in a box with some foam sheet around it. so i hope i don't get any that are damaged.

i managed to get The Rocketeer from Ebay in the end, cost me nearly 20 quid with postage. nearly got sniped at the end too
Old 10-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #368

Jul 2012
Sunderland, UK

Anyone not used UK movie rewards for this and willing to trade for some Tron Zavvi Steelbook Code? Will also need the slip as need barcode numbers too.

Thanks in advance, PM me
Say Hello to My Little F><king Friend!!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #369
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Got mine from the cudzndrips GB. Looks good in hand, steel not sure how I feel about the border.
Shipped: Evil Dead | Finding Nemo | Hot Fuzz | Inglourious Basterds | The Lone Ranger | My Neighbor Totoro | Shaun of the Dead | White House Down
Preordered: [03/16 - Alice in Wonderland] [05/05 - Beetlejuice | Mars Attacks!] [05/19 - The Wolf of Wall Street] [05/20 - Steve Austin 4 Pack] [06/04 - Robin Hood] [06/09 - V for Vendetta]
Old 10-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #370
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoles View Post
Got mine from the cudzndrips GB. Looks good in hand, steel not sure how I feel about the border.
[Show spoiler]
I see what you did there!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #371
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I see what you did there!
Nice catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Shipped: Evil Dead | Finding Nemo | Hot Fuzz | Inglourious Basterds | The Lone Ranger | My Neighbor Totoro | Shaun of the Dead | White House Down
Preordered: [03/16 - Alice in Wonderland] [05/05 - Beetlejuice | Mars Attacks!] [05/19 - The Wolf of Wall Street] [05/20 - Steve Austin 4 Pack] [06/04 - Robin Hood] [06/09 - V for Vendetta]
Old 10-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #372

Feb 2013
Send a message via Yahoo to Steelbook Indy

This might be my new favorite Steelbook - it's gorgeous.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #373
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 381

Got both of mine yesterday. They are definitely dark, one is more purple and the other bluish, and the title embossing is WAY off on both of them (a bit moreso on one than the other).

Also something is a bit off with the rectangle debossing -- whereas normally there is a bit of a slope along all 4 edges, this time the left and top edge are a sharp line with no sloping. So it was stamped a bit weird, on both of them, apparently.

Still I love the artwork, and am extremely happy to own this SteelBook. But yeah, somebody needs to step up their quality control a bit please.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks