Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #361
Blu MacReady Blu MacReady is offline
Power Member
 
Blu MacReady's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
998
858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperuk View Post
i wanted to get this but missed it twice. first time it was marked as sold out and the second time i had it, hit refresh and it was sold out.

found some guy on ebay with 6 of them. surely Zavvi should limit the number per person or something.
Contact them and ask, you never know.

I bought Terminator SB from Play.com. It went out of stock long before release date. I called them to say my copy arrived but had a small scratch, they sent me a new one next day free and didn't ask for the return of the damaged copy. Customer service guy said they keep copies for replacements and if post goes missing etc.

Zavvi could be different, but its only a phone call to find out.
Pre-Orders: The Toxic Avenger, Tourist Trap, Wolf of Wall Street, Beetlejuice - zavvi SB, Mars Attacks - zavvi SB, Homefront, Robocop (2014) SB, Sleepaway Camp C.E, The 'Burbs - SB, V for Vendetta - zavvi SB, Oldboy, 47 Ronin, American Hustle, Ninja II, The Monuments Men
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #362
kryptonite1970 kryptonite1970 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kryptonite1970's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
USA
805
32
3
147
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #363
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
Contact them and ask, you never know.

I bought Terminator SB from Play.com. It went out of stock long before release date. I called them to say my copy arrived but had a small scratch, they sent me a new one next day free and didn't ask for the return of the damaged copy. Customer service guy said they keep copies for replacements and if post goes missing etc.

Zavvi could be different, but its only a phone call to find out.
I thought Zavvi turned off all the phones, and the only way to resolve a problem is via their message centre.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #364
ilovedealsonmovies ilovedealsonmovies is offline
Expert Member
 
ilovedealsonmovies's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
vancouver
123
Default

zavvi is the worst company to do with
when returning busted items
i got a smashed case for the bourne 4 movie set they offered me 1$ back for my trouble im like no i want a new mint movie what i paid for
after 2 weeks of back and forth they sent me a new busted one again so i gave up
wish they used boxes when doing big orders
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #365
casperuk casperuk is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2012
165
31
2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
Contact them and ask, you never know.

I bought Terminator SB from Play.com. It went out of stock long before release date. I called them to say my copy arrived but had a small scratch, they sent me a new one next day free and didn't ask for the return of the damaged copy. Customer service guy said they keep copies for replacements and if post goes missing etc.

Zavvi could be different, but its only a phone call to find out.
if its email only i haven't got a chance, i can try i guess
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #366
tcdrek tcdrek is online now
Active Member
 
tcdrek's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedealsonmovies View Post
zavvi is the worst company to do with
when returning busted items
i got a smashed case for the bourne 4 movie set they offered me 1$ back for my trouble im like no i want a new mint movie what i paid for
after 2 weeks of back and forth they sent me a new busted one again so i gave up
wish they used boxes when doing big orders
I'd heard bad things about their shipping packaging as well. But the consensus opinion since they've become the steelbook HQ in the wake of HMV's webstore downfall is that they've improved their packaging. Nevertheless, I was almost sure that the Rocketeer steel would come damaged--it didn't, but not because the packaging was sturdy. I think I've actually cut back on steelbook purchases because I'm tired of obsessing over justifying paying more for cool packaging and then getting pissed when I open it to find a dent, scratch or other defect.

Still, this Rocketeer steel is pretty nice. And for about 26 bucks, it's not much more than what the US version costs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #367
casperuk casperuk is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2012
165
31
2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrek View Post
I'd heard bad things about their shipping packaging as well. But the consensus opinion since they've become the steelbook HQ in the wake of HMV's webstore downfall is that they've improved their packaging. Nevertheless, I was almost sure that the Rocketeer steel would come damaged--it didn't, but not because the packaging was sturdy. I think I've actually cut back on steelbook purchases because I'm tired of obsessing over justifying paying more for cool packaging and then getting pissed when I open it to find a dent, scratch or other defect.

Still, this Rocketeer steel is pretty nice. And for about 26 bucks, it's not much more than what the US version costs.
so far i've not had a problem with Zavvi. Play.com i have had items lost or damaged. but Zavvi do just then to pop it in a box with some foam sheet around it. so i hope i don't get any that are damaged.

i managed to get The Rocketeer from Ebay in the end, cost me nearly 20 quid with postage. nearly got sniped at the end too
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #368
Gburd Gburd is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2012
Sunderland, UK
218
2
10
Default

Anyone not used UK movie rewards for this and willing to trade for some Tron Zavvi Steelbook Code? Will also need the slip as need barcode numbers too.

Thanks in advance, PM me
Say Hello to My Little F><king Friend!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #369
dfoles dfoles is offline
Expert Member
 
dfoles's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
134
2
8
Default

Got mine from the cudzndrips GB. Looks good in hand, steel not sure how I feel about the border.
Shipped: Evil Dead | Finding Nemo | Hot Fuzz | Inglourious Basterds | The Lone Ranger | My Neighbor Totoro | Shaun of the Dead | White House Down
Preordered: [03/16 - Alice in Wonderland] [05/05 - Beetlejuice | Mars Attacks!] [05/19 - The Wolf of Wall Street] [05/20 - Steve Austin 4 Pack] [06/04 - Robin Hood] [06/09 - V for Vendetta]
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #370
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoles View Post
Got mine from the cudzndrips GB. Looks good in hand, steel not sure how I feel about the border.
[Show spoiler]
I see what you did there!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #371
dfoles dfoles is offline
Expert Member
 
dfoles's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
134
2
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I see what you did there!
Nice catch!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Shipped: Evil Dead | Finding Nemo | Hot Fuzz | Inglourious Basterds | The Lone Ranger | My Neighbor Totoro | Shaun of the Dead | White House Down
Preordered: [03/16 - Alice in Wonderland] [05/05 - Beetlejuice | Mars Attacks!] [05/19 - The Wolf of Wall Street] [05/20 - Steve Austin 4 Pack] [06/04 - Robin Hood] [06/09 - V for Vendetta]
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #372
Steelbook Indy Steelbook Indy is offline
Member
 
Steelbook Indy's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
80
Send a message via Yahoo to Steelbook Indy
Default

This might be my new favorite Steelbook - it's gorgeous.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #373
Whirlygig Whirlygig is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Whirlygig's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 381
5
1932
678
3
Default

Got both of mine yesterday. They are definitely dark, one is more purple and the other bluish, and the title embossing is WAY off on both of them (a bit moreso on one than the other).

Also something is a bit off with the rectangle debossing -- whereas normally there is a bit of a slope along all 4 edges, this time the left and top edge are a sharp line with no sloping. So it was stamped a bit weird, on both of them, apparently.

Still I love the artwork, and am extremely happy to own this SteelBook. But yeah, somebody needs to step up their quality control a bit please.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 PM.