Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
18 hrs ago
DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.99
18 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.05
4 hrs ago
The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$19.96
8 hrs ago
Bound (Blu-ray)
$29.33
7 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Hell Night (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mission: Impossible III 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.00

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Rabid (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #1

Oct 2009
nYc
Default Way to export one's blu-ray.com movie collection into a local file

SO yeah, I have all my BDs listed in this site and would like to export it into a file so i can keep track of it locally via excel or some other database

is there a way to do this?

P.S. while i'm at it, anyway to add a UK release to my library?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Atlanta, GA

Here's the best solution I have; I think it's a pretty good one. On your collection page, select 'Printer Friendly' and then highlight several/all of your titles, but make sure you highlight every country-flag. Then paste it into Excel, and it will separate the flag/NEW/title/year/runtime/etc. columns into different cells. From this, you should be able to clean it up without too much trouble.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #3

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky61 View Post
Here's the best solution I have; I think it's a pretty good one. On your collection page, select 'Printer Friendly' and then highlight several/all of your titles, but make sure you highlight every country-flag. Then paste it into Excel, and it will separate the flag/NEW/title/year/runtime/etc. columns into different cells. From this, you should be able to clean it up without too much trouble.
That's what I did, but then copied everything but the "New" column to another excel sheet, since those are images and I don't think you can select and erase them all at once (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by postulio View Post
P.S. while i'm at it, anyway to add a UK release to my library?
Just search for the movie and add the UK version.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafan999 View Post
That's what I did, but then copied everything but the "New" column to another excel sheet, since those are images and I don't think you can select and erase them all at once (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Just search for the movie and add the UK version.
1. Oh I see what you mean. The flag/NEW images do stay behind if you try to Clear Contents or Delete Column, so your solution to copy/paste the text into a second spreadsheet sounds good.

2. Also, to search for a UK movie, the user may need to click the UK flag at the very top-right corner of blu-ray.com or edit his/her site preferences to include UK releases on search results.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

it would be nice for blu-ray.com to include an export to xls or csv feature =)
Blu-Ray is so awesome! =)
Thanks given by:
Korleone (04-04-2015)
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #6

Oct 2009
nYc

thanks for the suggestions guys

UK movies wouldnt show up before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
it would be nice for blu-ray.com to include an export to xls or csv feature =)
yeah that would be awesome, and shouldnt be too hard.

the collection feature of this site kinda sucks, i just used it cause it was so easy to set up (with the searching and similar movies features)

I wish there were ways to sort by genre, instead of having to move the movie into a custom category, so that certain movies would show up in multiple categories (or add a 'tags' feature). And i hate how all my movies have been marked 'new' forever, i dont want to tag 300+ movies as 'watched', thats just annoying.

Last edited by postulio; 04-06-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by postulio View Post
thanks for the suggestions guys

UK movies wouldnt show up before.

yeah that would be awesome, and shouldnt be too hard.

the collection feature of this site kinda sucks, i just used it cause it was so easy to set up (with the searching and similar movies features)

I wish there were ways to sort by genre, instead of having to move the movie into a custom category, so that certain movies would show up in multiple categories (or add a 'tags' feature). And i hate how all my movies have been marked 'new' forever, i dont want to tag 300+ movies as 'watched', thats just annoying.
You have to check the "Watched" option when you add/edit a Blu-Ray to get rid of the "NEW" image. I agree it's pretty annoying. I just check all of mine as Watched when I add them. Without too much trouble, you could edit (selected) dozens of movies at a time and mark them Watched.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:38 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky61 View Post
You have to check the "Watched" option when you add/edit a Blu-Ray to get rid of the "NEW" image. I agree it's pretty annoying. I just check all of mine as Watched when I add them. Without too much trouble, you could edit (selected) dozens of movies at a time and mark them Watched.
Just an FYI for anyone else, you can also hit F5 in Excel, click 'objects', and it'll select all the pictures in the table. You can then delete all the 'new' pics that way and then carefully delete the columns you don't need.
Fav discs 2018: Annihilation 4K, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, Blade Runner 2049 4K, Braveheart 4K, Die Hard 4K, Gladiator 4K, Jurassic Park Collection 4K, The Matrix 4K, Night of the Living Dead (Criterion), Rick and Morty Season 3
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America