Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
1 hr ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
14 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
9 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
14 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$11.99
16 min ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #1201
Special Member

Aug 2013
'London Zoo' (Uk)

question: anyone ordered steel-books from merchants Mars or AllYourMusic on play.com/amazon.co.uk?

want to order the Canadian steels but not sure if they will be dented or damaged as i dont know the type of wrapping...i have asked but they say all there items are packaged the same?

anyone? thanks.

p.s i shoul mention i have a set already from amazon.ca but they were both dented on the top rim so looking for better examples
Old 12-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #1202

Jul 2012

Probably been said before at some stage on this thread, but the best way to watch Kill Bill Volume 1 is to watch the uncensored Japanese Region 2 locked DVD, upscaled to 1080p, that includes a DTS 5.1 soundtrack.

http://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Kill-Bill-Vol-1-DVD/20446/

Finally got to get my hands on a Japanese copy this year. It is awesome!
It may not be true HD quality (and nowhere near as good as the BD), but at least it is the film that Quentin intended to make… Not the R-rated, censored black and white fight sequence crap we we're forced to watch in the cinema and unfortunately the only transfer anywhere on BD.

Now, I am sure that when Quentin took KB1 to the MPAA, perhaps he was thinking, "Sh*t I am going to have to take the chop to this thing to get an R-rating", but to have the extent of the cuts the MPAA induced and even cuts (no pun intended) that were too gruesome too watch even in B&W!

I'm positive that as it was QT, censors we're hard on KB1. Seeing some of the stuff that gets into the R-Rated Saw films and the Evil Dead remake makes a few katana slashing dismembering moments tame by comparison.

Here in Australia, KB1 got an R18+ rating, no one under 18 admitted (similar to US NC-17 although more common). Most US R-rated movies become MA15+ in Australia (Mature Audiences, 15 and over only, unless accompanied by adult or guardian). Hence, MA15+ is akin to a US R-rating.

With an Aussie R-rating, I expected to see the uncensored version. So when I saw the film in the cinema, and it turned to B&W, I was most upset and yelled "What a rip-off! We paid for blood!" ...[For the record: Dogs & Fiction were R18+ in Australia; KB2, Brown, Bastards & Django were MA15+]

Below is a link to Movie-Censorship.com with a comparison of the Japanese cut and the R-rated International cut.
[Show spoiler](For mine, I think the most shocking part of the Japanese cut is the addition of Beatrix cutting Sophie's other arm off… It wasn't that clear to me that Beatrix did that in the R-rated).

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1588

C'mon Quentin or the execs at Miramix (whoever controls these things), please release a transfer of the Unrated/NC-17 version of Kill Bill Volume 1. The 10th Anniversary has been and gone. Hope we don't have to wait until 2017 for a 15th Anniversary uncensored BD of Kill Bill 1 OR even having to wait until the 20th anniversary!
Hey, You. Dumbass... Yeah, you in the tank... You cosy in there?
They're f***ing with the wrong people

Last edited by Rick Grimes; 12-03-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #1203

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post

Probably been said before at some stage on this thread, but the best way to watch Kill Bill Volume 1 is to watch the uncensored Japanese Region 2 locked DVD, upscaled to 1080p, that includes a DTS 5.1 soundtrack.
Welcome to 2004. I bought both Jpn boxsets back then. Actually, you can still get the boxset from Amazon.jp for around $70 US. Unlike the insane prices they were asking for on Ebay after it was released. Seriously, though, I also think it's the only way to watch it.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #1204

Dec 2011

I picked Vol 1 & 2 up on Black Friday for $3.99. That'll hold me over until (if/when) the whole bloody affair come out.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #1205

Dec 2014

Where did you buy for $3.99. That's a killer deal. I am waiting to buy this.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #1206
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenrulz View Post
Where did you buy for $3.99. That's a killer deal. I am waiting to buy this.
Black Friday. Amazon had them for $3.99 each this BF and $3.96 each last BF. Maybe again next year?
Epictetus : "A man should ... be prepared to be sufficient unto himself ..."
Memphis : But far more fortunate are those lucky few who are truly loved.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #1207
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Funny, without even seeing this thread I watched Kill Bill I last night. I probably watch both movies about once a year. For anyone who really enjoys these movies, I cannot believe you didn't purchase these the day they came out. The Whole Bloody Affair ain't ever gonna happen, folks.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 108" wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub
Old 12-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #1208

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post

http://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Kill-Bill-Vol-1-DVD/20446/

Finally got to get my hands on a Japanese copy this year. It is awesome!
It may not be true HD quality (and nowhere near as good as the BD), but at least it is the film that Quentin intended to make… Not the R-rated, censored black and white fight sequence crap we we're forced to watch in the cinema and unfortunately the only transfer anywhere on BD.

Now, I am sure that when Quentin took KB1 to the MPAA, perhaps he was thinking, "Sh*t I am going to have to take the chop to this thing to get an R-rating", but to have the extent of the cuts the MPAA induced and even cuts (no pun intended) that were too gruesome too watch even in B&W!

I'm positive that as it was QT, censors we're hard on KB1. Seeing some of the stuff that gets into the R-Rated Saw films and the Evil Dead remake makes a few katana slashing dismembering moments tame by comparison.

Here in Australia, KB1 got an R18+ rating, no one under 18 admitted (similar to US NC-17 although more common). Most US R-rated movies become MA15+ in Australia (Mature Audiences, 15 and over only, unless accompanied by adult or guardian). Hence, MA15+ is akin to a US R-rating.

With an Aussie R-rating, I expected to see the uncensored version. So when I saw the film in the cinema, and it turned to B&W, I was most upset and yelled "What a rip-off! We paid for blood!" ...[For the record: Dogs & Fiction were R18+ in Australia; KB2, Brown, Bastards & Django were MA15+]

Below is a link to Movie-Censorship.com with a comparison of the Japanese cut and the R-rated International cut.
[Show spoiler](For mine, I think the most shocking part of the Japanese cut is the addition of Beatrix cutting Sophie's other arm off… It wasn't that clear to me that Beatrix did that in the R-rated).

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1588

C'mon Quentin or the execs at Miramix (whoever controls these things), please release a transfer of the Unrated/NC-17 version of Kill Bill Volume 1. The 10th Anniversary has been and gone. Hope we don't have to wait until 2017 for a 15th Anniversary uncensored BD of Kill Bill 1 OR even having to wait until the 20th anniversary!
I think you're wrong on a few points. It was Tarantino's intention to release multiple versions of the film and every one of them is a "Director's Cut." He even said that the MPAA was pretty easy on him and he loves that there are different versions of the film that fans can hunt down. The multiple versions were meant as a sort of homage to the violent Asian films that are altered for international release.
Thanks given by:
Kryptonic (Yesterday)
Old 12-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #1209
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
Funny, without even seeing this thread I watched Kill Bill I last night. I probably watch both movies about once a year. For anyone who really enjoys these movies, I cannot believe you didn't purchase these the day they came out. The Whole Bloody Affair ain't ever gonna happen, folks.
This was probably one of my most watched DVD's, and like many of my "most watched" DVD's, I wasn't in a hurry to buy the blu-ray.

No idea why I haven't grabbed the last couple of years at $3.99. It's been awhile since I've watched these (and i got rid of my DVD's years ago). What I'm saying is, the time is right for the Whole Bloody Affair. Maybe it will be a 4K launch title.
Old Yesterday, 02:11 AM   #1210

Jul 2013
Melbourne

The bloodier Japanese version is definitely the best way to see KILL BILL VOL 1. A friend made his own DVD from it that has the English subtitles appearing only when needed.
Old Yesterday, 02:33 AM   #1211

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Black Friday. Amazon had them for $3.99 each this BF and $3.96 each last BF. Maybe again next year?

My Walmart is getting them again both of them in a 2 pack for $7.88 in the bluray value bin the box I saw today said they are coming out December 27th..

Last edited by Maddyfan2012; Yesterday at 02:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM   #1212

Mar 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaBlu View Post
I think you're wrong on a few points. It was Tarantino's intention to release multiple versions of the film and every one of them is a "Director's Cut." He even said that the MPAA was pretty easy on him and he loves that there are different versions of the film that fans can hunt down. The multiple versions were meant as a sort of homage to the violent Asian films that are altered for international release.

An homage to Chang Cheh films. You can see in some of his films where the screen goes from color to black n white or to red.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America