Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$174.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.90
Hot Pursuit (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #1401

Apr 2015

I just got my copy of Prom Night and wow, I'm impressed. The extras are great, and I absolutely love the reversible cover art. Do all Synapse releases have that? I'm planning on ordering Demons & Demons 2 next
Thanks given by:
omahajon (07-22-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #1402

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Ashton View Post
I read this too. FANTASTIC news! Lemora is one of my favourites!
Lemora might be a title I'm interested in. There's probably a handful of Synapse titles I'm looking forward to (including Popcorn, Tenebrae and Creature from Black Lake).

Is the film Poison for the Fairies similar to Lemora?
Holy grail Blu-ray slasher horror film/TV film announcements - Chopping Mall, The Clown at Midnight, Coda, Deadly Games, Edge of the Axe, Fatal Games, Fatal Pulse, Formula for a Murder, Ghosthouse, Hard to Die, Hide and Go Shriek, Hotline, Last Dance, Mirage, Next of Kin, Nightkill, Phobia, Prom Night II: Hello Mary Lou, Screamtime, The Seduction, Shallow Grave, Slaughter Night, Till Death Do Us Part, Too Scared to Scream, You Will Die at Midnight.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #1403

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningtoke View Post
I just got my copy of Prom Night and wow, I'm impressed. The extras are great, and I absolutely love the reversible cover art. Do all Synapse releases have that? I'm planning on ordering Demons & Demons 2 next
See if you can get the Demons steelbooks they are best
Thanks given by:
spawningblue (07-22-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 12:01 AM   #1404
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Lemora might be a title I'm interested in. There's probably a handful of Synapse titles I'm looking forward to (including Popcorn, Tenebrae and Creature from Black Lake).

Is the film Poison for the Fairies similar to Lemora?
yep, I want all those too!!! Been waiting for POPCORN for what seems like forever.....
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (07-23-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #1405
Special Member

Nov 2009
Central California

I finally got Prom Night recently for my Jamie Lee Curtis collection. Just finished watching and oh boy is it fantastic! The first time I saw the movie only a couple years ago, I didn't care much for it. I think it was a combination of expecting a typical slasher and the fact it was the old DVD I had rented with shoddy quality. But watching it tonight it high def, with a terrific-looking image and solid audio, plus knowing now what to expect from it, I really enjoyed it a lot more than I had originally.

Haven't looked at the rest of the extras yet, but the making of featurette was good, too, and had some really great stories. (Especially the funny ones about working with Leslie Nielsen.)
My Blog & Tumblr | Last Watched At Theater: Jurassic World (6/12/2015)

Top 10 Favorite Movies
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark 2. Star Wars 3. Jaws 4. Ghostbusters 5. Back to the Future
6. Lethal Weapon 7. Aliens 8. The Mummy (1999) 9. Jurassic Park 10. Blade Runner
Old 07-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #1406
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Release date for Mosquito and Manos is October 13.

Quote:
Mosquito: 20th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray]

Director: Gary Jones

Starring: Gunnar Hansen, Ron Asheton, Steve Dixon, Rachel Loiselle, Tim Lovelace

Runtime: 92 minutes

Release Date: October 13, 2015

Language: DTS-HD MA English 7.1 Stereo Surround

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 1080p (1.78:1) Presentation

Format: Blu-ray

Region: All Regions

Price: $24.95

Features

Audio Commentary with Director Gary Jones, Director of Photography and Co-Writer Tom Chaney, and Producer David Thiry
"Bugging Out!" The Making of Mosquito - Featurette
Deleted & Extended Scenes with Optional Director Commentary
Behind-the-Scenes Footage with Optional Director Commentary
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailer
Reversible Cover Art
Quote:
Manos: The Hands of Fate [Special Edition Blu-ray]

Director: Harold P. Warren

Starring: Tom Neyman, John Reynolds, Diane Mahree, Hal Warren, Jackey Neyman

Runtime: 73 minutes

Release Date: October 13, 2015

Language: DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Mono

Aspect Ratio: Full-Frame 1.33:1

Format: Blu-ray

Region: All Regions

Price: $24.95

Synopsis

THE MASTER DEMANDS YOUR ATTENTION! Synapse Films is proud to present Ben Solovey’s Kickstarter 2K restoration of MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE, now presented for the first time ever on home video in high-definition and loaded with extras!

“The worst film ever made.”
– Entertainment Weekly

Mike (Harold P. Warren) and Maggie (Diane Mahree), on a road trip with their daughter and family dog, take a wrong turn in Texas and become trapped at a weird lodge inhabited by a polygamous pagan cult. They soon find themselves in the middle of a power struggle between caretaker Torgo (John Reynolds), cult leader The Master (Tom Neyman), and two warring factions of the Master’s wives. As the family tries to escape, the worshipers of “Manos” decide their fate…

MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE, the sole directorial effort of Texas fertilizer salesman Harold P. Warren, perplexed even the most jaded Drive-In audiences and was deemed by many “the worst movie ever made”. Nearly lost, the original 16mm Ektachrome film elements have been finally unearthed and lovingly restored by Ben Solovey to create the definitive version of this accidental masterpiece. There’s no other movie like MANOS… now in HD with picture and sound unseen since 1966.

Features

All-new 2K restoration of MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE
Audio commentary featuring Tom “The Master” Neyman and Jackey Raye “Debbie” Neyman-Jones
HANDS: THE FATE OF “MANOS” – Featurette (31 mins.)
RESTORING THE HANDS OF FATE – Featurette (7 mins.)
FELT: THE PUPPET HANDS OF FATE – Featurette (4 mins.)
[BLU-RAY ONLY BONUS] MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE – “Grindhouse” Unrestored Version
http://synapse-films.com/coming-soon/
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (07-22-2015), zbinks (07-22-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #1407
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Ohio

I was hoping to see October release dates for some of their other releases (popcorn, phenomena, tenebrae) the wait continues...
Thanks given by:
dvdwatcher (07-22-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #1408
Special Member

May 2011
USA

What ever happenedto the McBain release?
572 STEELBOOKS™
-------------------------------
Old 07-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #1409
Special Member

Dec 2012

Surprised that they're releasing Lemora on bd, as I remember Don saying years ago that it was a poor seller on dvd. But then again, I remember him saying the same thing about Long Weekend as well.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:25 PM   #1410
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthemack View Post
I was hoping to see October release dates for some of their other releases (popcorn, phenomena, tenebrae) the wait continues...
It sounds like Tenebre and Popcorn are close:

Tenebre:
Quote:
We never announced specific street dates for any of the Argento titles. They will be done, when they are done. TENEBRAE first. Still waiting on confirmation of some licensed things to be included with the releases before actual dates can be announced.
If they're including what I think they're including, it'll be worth the wait.

Popcorn:
Quote:
I am awaiting the extras from Red Shirt Pictures. Once those are delivered, we'll schedule a date.
Quote:
I should be getting the final audio mixes of POPCORN next week! Remember, the huge, long, ridiculous wait was because we needed to access the original audio elements that were stored at Sony. Took us a LONG time to deal with legal over there and get the materials released. I could've used inferior audio, but I wanted to wait and get the best source... and, because I persevered, we will now be bringing the fans a 7.1 surround mix. I'm very excited to hear the results, myself!
Shiny and Chrome
Thanks given by:
dvdwatcher (07-22-2015), returnofthemack (07-22-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors