COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #301
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Middle-Earth

Saw it today and I loved the 3D. I hate gimmicky 3D, so I was very pleased with this.

I am liking this trend of well done 3D re-releases. Animated re-releases (The Lion King, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc) look terrific, but if more live action movies are converted properly I will definitely spend the money to watch it. Also, it gives young-ish audiences like myself to view classics on the big screen (I am super grateful I got to see Raiders of the Lost Ark on IMAX last year! )
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #302
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

So I said that I would watch this movie in 3D back home, but I visited the Empire State today and found out that there was an IMAX 3D theater close to the landmark. Something with Kipbay. Started at 10 PM and I was right on time . It was a freaking huge theater lol. The screen/room was also very large (biggest screen I've ever seen ). It was kinda empty, only like 20 people in the entire theater . I guess because it was a late night show on a Sunday.

But it was a nice experience. I expected more of the 3D. The 3D really didn't add anything to the movie experience... No nice effects or anything.

But it was cool to see it in IMAX 3D .
Old 08-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #303
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008
Thumbs up 'Jurassic Park' Passes $1B at Box Office

Quote:
Twenty years later, "Jurassic Park" has joined the billion-dollar club -- thanks to a 3D re-release that has brought in more than $65 million globally since Universal rolled it out on April 5.

Also helping: The Steven Spielberg dinosaur film opened No. 1 in China, with a $6.3 million first day Tuesday. Overall, the 3D version has taken in $20 million internationally.

The original "Jurassic Park" took in roughly $970 million in worldwide grosses when it debuted in 1993. If you add in the grosses from the re-release -- and most box-office tracking services don't -- the total comes to $1.03 billion.

Whether the milestone is legit in the record books, the re-release has been a financial winner for Universal. Between the Stereo D conversion and marketing, the studio probably spent about $30 million.

"Jurassic Park" was a bona fide blockbuster when it came out. It topped another Spielberg film, "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial," to become the highest-grossing film up to that time. Two sequels followed, "The Lost World" in 1997 and "Jurassic Park 3" in 2001.

In all, the franchise has taken in more than $1.9 billion worldwide.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #304
Special Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-mike View Post
Very cool!

Sorry to go a little of-topic, why does the thread have a title that indicated a re-release on July 19th, 2013?

The movie arrived in theaters in April, and I think the Blu-ray 3D followed only a couple weeks later. So what is the "re-release" in the title of the thread referring to?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #305
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Very cool!

Sorry to go a little of-topic, why does the thread have a title that indicated a re-release on July 19th, 2013?

The movie arrived in theaters in April, and I think the Blu-ray 3D followed only a couple weeks later. So what is the "re-release" in the title of the thread referring to?
I think it's referring to the theatrical re-release in April.
My Top 20 Films of all time!
1. Taxi Driver 2. Eyes Wide Shut 3. Jurassic Park 4. Boogie Nights 5. Boyhood 6. Apocalypse Now 7. Psycho (1960) 8. There Will Be Blood 9. The Godfather Part II 10. The Godfather 11. Zodiac 12. Blade Runner 13. Thief 14. Halloween (1978) 15. It's Such A Beautiful Day 16. Drive 17. Gremlins 18. The Tree of Life 19. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) 20. Pulp Fiction
Old 08-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #306
Special Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentxStatik24 View Post
I think it's referring to the theatrical re-release in April.
But... the title of the thread is July 19th, not April?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies