Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
What We Do in the Shadows (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Boulevard (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Witness (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #2101

Feb 2010

So I noticed that Three Caballeros, Saludos Amigos, and The Black Cauldron are available on DMA.

Has anyone checked these versions out? Are they currently the best available until blu ray versions are released?
Old 08-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #2102

Mar 2011
Atlantica

I really hope Disney eventually get around to releasing the following titles on Bluray at some point

-Sauldos Amigos/The Three Caballeros
-Make Mine Music/Melody Time
-The Black Cauldron (this especially)
-DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
-A Goofy Movie/An Extremely Goofy Movie
-Mickey's The Prince and the Pauper
-Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin
-Piglet's Big Movie
-Pooh's Heffalump Movie
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (08-24-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 01:07 AM   #2103

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by miklc View Post
I really hope Disney eventually get around to releasing the following titles on Bluray at some point

-Sauldos Amigos/The Three Caballeros
-Make Mine Music/Melody Time
-The Black Cauldron (this especially)
-DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
-A Goofy Movie/An Extremely Goofy Movie
-Mickey's The Prince and the Pauper
-Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin
-Piglet's Big Movie
-Pooh's Heffalump Movie
I emailed Disney not long ago asking for info about any upcoming releases - specifically mentioning Saludos Amigos / Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music / Melody Time, Black Cauldron and the Goofy Movies.
I even went as far as sending them the Amigos / Caballeros artwork from Eric Heintz's page, hoping it would push them into giving me some information.
I got a stock standard response saying that there was info on any of these titles... Looks like nothing's coming in the near future.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:29 AM   #2104
Power Member

Jun 2012
Fort Scott, KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateynate87 View Post
So I noticed that Three Caballeros, Saludos Amigos, and The Black Cauldron are available on DMA.

Has anyone checked these versions out? Are they currently the best available until blu ray versions are released?
If The Black Cauldron is the Anniversary edition then yes, The Three Caballeros is also the best available. However the best version of Saludos Amigos is on the Walt & El Grupo DVD as a special feature.

The UK has the most complete versions of Melody Time and Make Mine Music also
Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger
Thanks given by:
nateynate87 (08-23-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #2105
Special Member

Oct 2008
Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post
I emailed Disney not long ago asking for info about any upcoming releases - specifically mentioning Saludos Amigos / Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music / Melody Time, Black Cauldron and the Goofy Movies.
I even went as far as sending them the Amigos / Caballeros artwork from Eric Heintz's page, hoping it would push them into giving me some information.
I got a stock standard response saying that there was info on any of these titles... Looks like nothing's coming in the near future.
that stock reply doesn't necessarily mean it's not in the cards for the near future. it means that they are not prepared to give information about said release to the press, let alone someone who just wrote them an email.
Looking to trade my empty Big Hero 6 steel for your empty Fifty Shades of Grey steel

My Trade/Sell Thread (Blu-ray, Slipcovers & DVD)
Old 08-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #2106

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateynate87 View Post

This actually worries me. There's been speculation with Disney wanting to push digital that they would skip physical releases of remaining titles and just put them on DMA. Hopefully that's not the case here.
Thanks given by:
disneygeek98 (08-24-2015), Supaclyde (08-23-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #2107
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubunkey View Post
The UK has the most complete versions of Melody Time and Make Mine Music also
Except they are PAL and the speedup makes the music sound wrong.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #2108

Mar 2011
Atlantica

Quote:
This is very disappointing, guess I will go wish upon a star
Old 08-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #2109

Jul 2011

I was so sure The Black Cauldron would get a release this year (this month in fact) because the 30th anniversary. I don't know what happened, but between this and the debacle of there-release of Sleeping Beauty last year before Aladdin, someone's asleep at the wheel at their home video department. I was not only hoping it'd come but that we'd finally get the 10 minutes of footage Katzenberg deleted to boot.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:00 PM   #2110
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayfriend View Post
I was so sure The Black Cauldron would get a release this year (this month in fact) because the 30th anniversary. I don't know what happened, but between this and the debacle of there-release of Sleeping Beauty last year before Aladdin, someone's asleep at the wheel at their home video department. I was not only hoping it'd come but that we'd finally get the 10 minutes of footage Katzenberg deleted to boot.
They are spending the money on Marvel and Star Wars. Disney moves at a glacial pace with the exception of those two franchises (except it will be a decade before the Star Wars theme park expansion is done).
Old 08-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #2111
Special Member

Apr 2012
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVH View Post
They are spending the money on Marvel and Star Wars. Disney moves at a glacial pace with the exception of those two franchises (except it will be a decade before the Star Wars theme park expansion is done).

Last edited by FilmFreakosaurus; 08-25-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:29 PM   #2112

Feb 2011

Quote:
Honestly, not a huge surprise to me. I... like many around here... have been worried about the releases of this one and the last remaining 4 classics in particular since they started releasing these.
But, held out hope nonetheless... I feel like I'm very close to just caving in and buying the DVDs, which I've held back from doing for so long now...
Old Yesterday, 01:17 AM   #2113

May 2011

Quote:
Honestly, not a huge surprise to me. I... like many around here... have been worried about the releases of this one and the last remaining 4 classics in particular since they started releasing these.
But, held out hope nonetheless... I feel like I'm very close to just caving in and buying the DVDs, which I've held back from doing for so long now...
Go ahead and do it already, so Disney can announce the Blu-rays the day after.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #2114

Mar 2011
Atlantica

Quote:
I was exactly the same, to finally have the uncut edition would be amazing! I mean society has changed a lot in the past thirty years and children in 2015 are exposed to stuff a lot worse than what's found in TBC and it's not like it's unusual for Disney animated films to be rated PG anymore
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #2115

Mar 2013

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklc View Post
I was exactly the same, to finally have the uncut edition would be amazing! I mean society has changed a lot in the past thirty years and children in 2015 are exposed to stuff a lot worse than what's found in TBC and it's not like it's unusual for Disney animated films to be rated PG anymore
I talked to the person in charge of Library Restoration and Preservation at the Walt Disney Studios, and he insists that an uncut version doesn't exist. He already checked a few times. I'm sorry.

Last edited by Hardback247; Yesterday at 08:25 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #2116

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Except they are PAL and the speedup makes the music sound wrong.
Go to OriginalTrilogy.com and talk to someone with the username Doctor M. He has made two DVDs with the uncut versions of Make Mine Music and Melody Time, and they are not sped up!
Old Today, 05:51 AM   #2117

Aug 2014
Seattle

so am I the only one worried about these movies and if they will even get a blu release at this point? Personally I'd also get a Goofy Movie/Extremely Goofy Movie 2 movie collection. I think that would put Fantasia/2000 as the only release from the last round of each title that I don't have on disc yet because I couldn't afford it when it was out and nobody got it for me as a gift
Old Today, 06:03 AM   #2118
Power Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithkeso View Post
so am I the only one worried about these movies and if they will even get a blu release at this point? Personally I'd also get a Goofy Movie/Extremely Goofy Movie 2 movie collection. I think that would put Fantasia/2000 as the only release from the last round of each title that I don't have on disc yet because I couldn't afford it when it was out and nobody got it for me as a gift
I'm confident all five titles will reach Blu-ray, even if some/all do so through Disney Movie Club. I'd also point out that the foreign releases of Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 did not go OOP and are region free. Together the separate releases of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 can be obtained on Amazon UK used from zoverstocks for 15.21 pounds shipped to US.

Last edited by kidglov3s; Today at 06:12 AM.
Old Today, 06:07 AM   #2119

Aug 2014
Seattle

I also just realized that I haven't seen news about a new release for Return of Jafar and Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Disney usually releases the sequels when a Diamond Edition is released, have you heard anything yet?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status