Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
45 min ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
45 min ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
9 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
9 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 min ago
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$7.99
1 hr ago
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
GPWYANKEE GPWYANKEE is offline
Senior Member
 
GPWYANKEE's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Liverpool New York
5
1388
4
21
Default Buying a oppo-Wheres the best place and price to buy already modified Oppo?

Not looking to spend crazy cash-$250-$500.Used is fine-Just want to buy from a reliable place with a reasonable price.Any suggestions would be great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
JohnAV JohnAV is offline
Special Member
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
491
24
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPWYANKEE View Post
Not looking to spend crazy cash-$250-$500.Used is fine-Just want to buy from a reliable place with a reasonable price.Any suggestions would be great.
Used, modified Oppo, from a reliable place at reasonable price. Trying to be make it a real challenge aren't you with requesting even a modified player?

Problem is that Oppo players, particularly modified Oppo players aren't cheap as far as online resale pricing. Just look at the ridicules prices you see them sold on Amazon, eBay, and so on. Best bet is to look at one of the larger boards like AVS where they trade/sell audio/video goodies. Sometimes a good deal on eBay.

Last edited by JohnAV; 10-24-2012 at 01:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
fredreed fredreed is offline
Active Member
 
May 2007
1
Default Buying a oppo- where is the best place and price to buy already

Your gonna have a very hard time finding a place that sells them cheap. Amazon sells them starting at $899.00 and they go up to $1200 for an oppo and this is brand new. Amazon and oppo are about the only places that sells them. The new 103 unit sells for around $499. Even if you want a multi region free oppo player it will still cost you lots of money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
GPWYANKEE GPWYANKEE is offline
Senior Member
 
GPWYANKEE's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Liverpool New York
5
1388
4
21
Default

Bummer-Sounds like this is going to take some time.Appreciate the input
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
saprano saprano is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
saprano's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Bronx, New York
317
2
1
Send a message via AIM to saprano
Default

Why don't you buy from the website?
Pioneer Kuro 151FD|Samung 40"
Pioneer Elite SC-37|Onkyo 705
Def Tech speakers/Def Tech Sub
Oppo BDP-103|PS3 phat 60gig|PS3 slim120gig|APC H15
New Addition -SVS SB13 Ultra
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
1347
5
11
Default

Why don't you just pick up a Sony?

Maybe you need the moveable subtitles or analog audio output.

I know the Oppo is great. But, I've never wanted one.

-Brian
Blu Rays are Forever

Last edited by bhampton; 10-25-2012 at 04:52 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
halloween5309 halloween5309 is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2012
Default prices

dont let these people on here talk you into spending a fortunate
a trusted ebay seller has several units for under $500
these are already modified and come with 30 day no question return policy. a square trade warranty is available
oppo 80 $380 or best offer
oppo 83 not much more that seller has the full oppo line
i am not affilatied with the seller i just want to to let you know that you can get one for the price you are willing to pay
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #8
JohnAV JohnAV is offline
Special Member
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
491
24
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloween5309 View Post
dont let these people on here talk you into spending a fortunate
a trusted ebay seller has several units for under $500
these are already modified and come with 30 day no question return policy. a square trade warranty is available
oppo 80 $380 or best offer
oppo 83 not much more that seller has the full oppo line
i am not affilatied with the seller i just want to to let you know that you can get one for the price you are willing to pay
I have problems with "trusted ebay seller"

Both the BDP-80 ($289.99) and BDP-83 ($499) are older models without any internet capacity, let alone supporting DLNA and a lot of file formats that people enjoy now. They are decent models, as i still have both, but compared to the 93, or the just released 103, they are only acceptable to some people.

BTW you need a better translator as "fortunate" should have been "fortune".
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
anthonyls anthonyls is online now
Active Member
 
Nov 2008
Berkeley, CA
5
Default

It sounds like you want the world for cheap. That ain't going to happen. If you want a newer model modified Oppo, then you have to spend $500+ for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
KRW1 KRW1 is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2012
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
I have problems with "trusted ebay seller"

Both the BDP-80 ($289.99) and BDP-83 ($499) are older models without any internet capacity, let alone supporting DLNA and a lot of file formats that people enjoy now. They are decent models, as i still have both, but compared to the 93, or the just released 103, they are only acceptable to some people.

BTW you need a better translator as "fortunate" should have been "fortune".
For someone who just wants a disc spinner, and isnt bothered about networking or playing files on it, they're still very solid, reliable machines.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:17 PM.