Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$6.37
23 min ago
Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (PS3)
$20.12
 
NHL 12 (PS3)
$9.23
 
Rogue Warrior (PS3)
$22.00
 
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.50
 
Zumba Fitness (PS3)
$27.50
 
Magus (PS3)
$11.00
 
The Last of Us (PS3)
$19.99
 
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.99
 
Brave (PS3)
$19.99
 
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$21.83
 
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$24.65
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #501
CouncilSpectre CouncilSpectre is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
CouncilSpectre's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
United Kingdom
3657
1140
9
23
Default

Yep, pretty much the same - rotate everyone into battle at some point so that they all get AP.

There are a couple of forced inclusions of certain characters into your party later in the game, so it's worth levelling them up.

TBH, I enjoyed using them all in the end. They all had a couple of roles that I'd use them for - eg. Yuna was medic and mugger, Wakka was haste/slow/dispel guy and slayer for anything that floated that kept avoiding direct strikes, Lulu was dark magic and a thief, etc. Started most battles by casting haste/slow, then bought in the thieves/muggers to steal whatever they could get, then brought in Kimahri to see if he could learn anything from them, and then when I'd got what I could from them, the slaying team took over to finish the battle off.

Definitely worth levelling them all up.
Split like light refracted....
....across a moonlit mile
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #502
Rothwilder Blu Rothwilder Blu is offline
Special Member
 
Rothwilder Blu's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Michigan
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
96 hours and have all the celestial weapons except for Lulu's. For the life of me I cant do the lightning dodging. The highest Ive gone up to is 30 something. I think Im going to stop with the sidequests and grinding and finish the game. I remember one problem I had back in the day was that by the time I went to beat it, I was over powered and beat the bosses with like one hit. Id rather have a challenge

ETA: Just got Lulu's celestial sigil! Man was that a hard one. There's a lag with HDMI that I read about so I switched to using my old composite cables on game mode and that seemed to eliminate it. Ended up getting 230 dodges in about 35-40 minutes. So glad that is finally over with. Now the most difficult trophy will be to completely fill the sphere grid for everyone, which wont so much hard as time consuming. Kind of regretting using the standard grid now instead of the expert, but oh well, the extra stats should help with the Monster Arena creations, especially Nemesis and Penance
I did mine on the Vita. No lag
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #503
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
123
68
Default

10 hours in and there are way too many cutscenes and little gameplay

I just defeated this boss



hopefully it picks up
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #504
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
239
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
10 hours in and there are way too many cutscenes and little gameplay

I just defeated this boss



hopefully it picks up
It's now my favourite FF of all-time, doubt I will ever not find Evrae annoying though, tends to be the first boss to KO my party during my play-throughs. Also times I can't get the kind of spheres I need so I may need to get distillers or watch level-ups pile up.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #505
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

ive put 106 hours into FFX HD and with that it becomes my most played game of 2014. I decided to go and beat it bc one problem I had with it originally was that I was overpowered for the final boss, killing him with one hit. I was still overpowered this time but I did have more of a challenge.

[Show spoiler]


Man, that ending was absolute perfection. The scene in the spoiler tags was quite emotional. When I was younger, the story did confuse me a bit but Im able to play it and understand it better now and it remains one of my favorite in gaming history. I loved Spira and the characters and its easy to see why they'd revisit it with FF X-2. Im undecided on whether I should stick with FFX to go for the remaining trophies or jump into the sequel. Yuna is such an amazing character and >>>>> Lightning. I kind of wish they'd do more with FFX. I wouldnt mind seeing an animated film
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:58 AM   #506
kjacobs03 kjacobs03 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kjacobs03's Avatar
 
May 2007
Columbus, OH
64
Default

I got my Platinum trophy for FFX. Took 116 hours!!!

For anyone who wants advice for maxing the sphere grid getting all those HP spheres and Fortune Spheres.
Set all characters overdrive modes to Victor. This insures they get a full overdrive every other battle.
For Ironclad use Auron's Banishing Blade then Blitz Ace and Attack Reels. . Dead!
For Earth Eater use Tidus' Slice & Dice then Attack Reels. Then have another character Entrust Wakka for another Attack Reels.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #507
Snake_XRS Snake_XRS is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Snake_XRS's Avatar
 
May 2009
Chicago
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
I got my Platinum trophy for FFX. Took 116 hours!!!

For anyone who wants advice for maxing the sphere grid getting all those HP spheres and Fortune Spheres.
Set all characters overdrive modes to Victor. This insures they get a full overdrive every other battle.
For Ironclad use Auron's Banishing Blade then Blitz Ace and Attack Reels. . Dead!
For Earth Eater use Tidus' Slice & Dice then Attack Reels. Then have another character Entrust Wakka for another Attack Reels.
Great tips, thanks i'll try those. My only luck with Earth Eater has been Zanmato, but that's unreliable at best.

I just got Lightning Dancer out of the way, as well as all Blitz reels. I'm at 82 hours, with maybe 5 of those the game running in the menus while i'm out eating or something.

I'm currently wrapping up the final monster collections in Omega and Inside Sin.

For completing the sphere grid, I just read about the Tonberry AP trick (which I never knew about on PS2) that really will speed things up a lot. In 2 minutes I had 15 sphere levels on Rikku, that will definitely help.

Actually, for Earth Eater, do you have Wakka doing 99,999 damage per shot? If so, i'm missing the sigil for his celestial weapon and currently am capped at 9,999.
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS

Last edited by Snake_XRS; 05-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #508
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
Great tips, thanks i'll try those. My only luck with Earth Eater has been Zanmato, but that's unreliable at best.
You really need to get your stats up. High magic defense is a must

Quote:
For completing the sphere grid, I just read about the Tonberry AP trick (which I never knew about on PS2) that really will speed things up a lot. In 2 minutes I had 15 sphere levels on Rikku, that will definitely help.

Actually, for Earth Eater, do you have Wakka doing 99,999 damage per shot? If so, i'm missing the sigil for his celestial weapon and currently am capped at 9,999.
With the Tonberry trick, you should be getting upwards to 99 sphere levels per battle. Im guessing you haven't killed many enemies with Rikku and/or you may not have the best combination of attributes on your weapon.

I have pretty much maxed out strength and 169 Luck with Wakka and the highest I get is about 42-46K with attack reels. 99,999 with regular hits. You need to play Blitzball to unlock the sigil for his weapon
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #509
Snake_XRS Snake_XRS is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Snake_XRS's Avatar
 
May 2009
Chicago
Default

Is there any way to refresh awards for leagues/tourneys in blitzball? I know the tournaments come on and off every once in a while, but I'm trying to refresh the league prizes.
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #510
TheAnimeLegend TheAnimeLegend is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheAnimeLegend's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
144
1
Default

I started playing this the other day and so far of what I've been through is OK, nothing that truly impresses me yet but I will continue playing to see if that changes.

Last edited by TheAnimeLegend; 05-22-2014 at 02:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #511
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
Is there any way to refresh awards for leagues/tourneys in blitzball? I know the tournaments come on and off every once in a while, but I'm trying to refresh the league prizes.
Click reset data. It'll being all your stats and rosters back to original status but you'll get different prizes

I beat the Dark Magus sisters yesterday so all I have left are Anima, Bahamut and Penance. Technically Yojimbo but I'm keeping him around to farm armor
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #512
Snake_XRS Snake_XRS is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Snake_XRS's Avatar
 
May 2009
Chicago
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Click reset data. It'll being all your stats and rosters back to original status but you'll get different prizes

I beat the Dark Magus sisters yesterday so all I have left are Anima, Bahamut and Penance. Technically Yojimbo but I'm keeping him around to farm armor
If I reset data my blitz team will be back to level one with no techs/skills/etc? What would be the point to ever do that, while all other teams are still ahead?
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #513
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
If I reset data my blitz team will be back to level one with no techs/skills/etc? What would be the point to ever do that, while all other teams are still ahead?
EVERYTHING resets back to the original levels, including the other teams. This is much faster than playing through multiple leagues/tournaments hoping the prize you want comes up. That's the point of doing it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #514
Snake_XRS Snake_XRS is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Snake_XRS's Avatar
 
May 2009
Chicago
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
EVERYTHING resets back to the original levels, including the other teams. This is much faster than playing through multiple leagues/tournaments hoping the prize you want comes up. That's the point of doing it.
Ah, thanks. I ended up playing 1 league of 10 games and then luckily the Jupiter Sigil showed up as the 1st place prize in the very next league. I played about 4 games in before saving, so I should only have 6 games left for ever having to play blitzball. IMO leagues should have only been 5 games long, 10 is total overkill especially considering every game I win are basically blowouts.
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #515
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
Ah, thanks. I ended up playing 1 league of 10 games and then luckily the Jupiter Sigil showed up as the 1st place prize in the very next league. I played about 4 games in before saving, so I should only have 6 games left for ever having to play blitzball. IMO leagues should have only been 5 games long, 10 is total overkill especially considering every game I win are basically blowouts.
IA. Once you know how to play its pretty easy. I think for the platinum, you need to play a minimum of about 30 or so games to get all the required prizes which is alot but I guess it could be worse

Anyone defeat Penance? What armor did you use for that?

So dreading the trophy for completing the entire sphere grid with everyone. Its time consuming enough doing it with one person
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #516
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Just got the platinum for FFX . I think I'll take a break and come back after Watch Dogs for FF X-2
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #517
Snake_XRS Snake_XRS is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Snake_XRS's Avatar
 
May 2009
Chicago
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Just got the platinum for FFX . I think I'll take a break and come back after Watch Dogs for FF X-2
Awesome job, I'm really dreading the sphere grid completion for all characters. I'm currently at 105 hours and just killed Nemesis. I never really thought about it when I played it on PS2 but I can't believe how much time of the total game has to do with the moster arena. I probably put 30 hours into collecting fiends, getting spheres from creation monsters, etc. If you were to remove the Calm Lands/Monster Arena and all the capturing that goes with it you could easily shave 30-50 hours from the game. It makes the Sin campaign pretty short without it.

So now I'm going for the Dark Aeons & Penance, sphere grid completion, and the chocabo race with 5 treasures and I'll have my plat.

Havok--what was your total play time when you got the plat?

UPDATE--finally got the plat on this. Total playtime was 130 hours, which somehow was right around my PS2 playtime.
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS

Last edited by Snake_XRS; 06-03-2014 at 12:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #518
Richie-Kun Richie-Kun is offline
Expert Member
 
Richie-Kun's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon
50
22
Default

Just got the Platinum trophy for X-2. Took me about 142 hours if you include Last Mission. I probably could have done it faster if I didn't spent so much time with the new Creature Creator feature that was added in the HD Remaster/International version of X-2 trying to get
[Show spoiler]Tidus and Auron.
I think i'll probably play other games first before coming back to do FFX since my body isn't ready for all of the grinding that is required for that Platinum...
PSN: l-Richie-Kun-l / NNID: Richie-Kun (7395-4703-5312)
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NSW)
Currently Waiting for: Nothing at the moment...

Last edited by Richie-Kun; 06-07-2014 at 11:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:38 AM   #519
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
Awesome job, I'm really dreading the sphere grid completion for all characters. I'm currently at 105 hours and just killed Nemesis. I never really thought about it when I played it on PS2 but I can't believe how much time of the total game has to do with the moster arena. I probably put 30 hours into collecting fiends, getting spheres from creation monsters, etc. If you were to remove the Calm Lands/Monster Arena and all the capturing that goes with it you could easily shave 30-50 hours from the game. It makes the Sin campaign pretty short without it.

So now I'm going for the Dark Aeons & Penance, sphere grid completion, and the chocabo race with 5 treasures and I'll have my plat.

Havok--what was your total play time when you got the plat?

UPDATE--finally got the plat on this. Total playtime was 130 hours, which somehow was right around my PS2 playtime.
Sorry, Im just seeing this now. My playtime was close to 200 hours! I was very inefficient with my grinding and I probably didn't need as many Luck/Fortune spheres that I got
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:47 AM   #520
Gamma_Winstead Gamma_Winstead is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Gamma_Winstead's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.
783
36
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Sorry, Im just seeing this now. My playtime was close to 200 hours! I was very inefficient with my grinding and I probably didn't need as many Luck/Fortune spheres that I got
My Fiance platinumed it around 180 hours.
Game of the Year 2017: Assassin's Creed Origins
Game of the Year 2016: Overwatch
Game of the Year 2015: The Witcher III Wild Hunt
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 AM.