Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
TV Superstars (PS3)
$2.96
Watch Dogs (PS3)
$12.93
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
$17.18
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PS3)
$10.35
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$11.83
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$18.00
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
$16.37
The Walking Dead (PS3)
$24.93
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$14.74
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.13
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)
$17.93
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.64
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #521
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

So I started playing X-2 this past week and the game is too easy. Im not even grinding and it only takes a few hits to take down bosses and none of the enemies are a challenge. Was it like this back when it first came out? Good game but this is bothering me. Is there a difficulty setting in New Game Plus?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #522
kenoh kenoh is offline
Active Member
 
kenoh's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Womelsdorf, PA
15
Default

Does anybody know if this game supports 5.1 surround sound?

I'm not getting any audio through the Center and two side surrounds, am I doing something wrong or is this game only stereo?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #523
Rothwilder Blu Rothwilder Blu is offline
Special Member
 
Rothwilder Blu's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Michigan
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoh View Post
Does anybody know if this game supports 5.1 surround sound?

I'm not getting any audio through the Center and two side surrounds, am I doing something wrong or is this game only stereo?
It depends on your receiver. I, and many others, have had the same issue, Square never even patched for it. So it can start in 5.1, then once you hit a cutscene, it goes to 2 channel. Nothing can be done about it unfortunately
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #524
kenoh kenoh is offline
Active Member
 
kenoh's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Womelsdorf, PA
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwilder Blu View Post
It depends on your receiver. I, and many others, have had the same issue, Square never even patched for it. So it can start in 5.1, then once you hit a cutscene, it goes to 2 channel. Nothing can be done about it unfortunately
Why would they do that? I really had the suspicion that the game was only stereo but as you say it is not!

What can I do to prevent it from going to stereo?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #525
Rothwilder Blu Rothwilder Blu is offline
Special Member
 
Rothwilder Blu's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Michigan
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoh View Post
Why would they do that? I really had the suspicion that the game was only stereo but as you say it is not!

What can I do to prevent it from going to stereo?
Like I said, nothing. Unless you restart the game after every cutscene
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #526
kjacobs03 kjacobs03 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kjacobs03's Avatar
 
May 2007
Columbus, OH
64
Default

I got Platinum in FFX-2 last night. The main game took me 112hrs and the Last Mission took 15. Although I could have completed it much faster. I was so overpowered at the end of LM the final boss could only hit me for 1pt damage per hit.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #527
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
I got Platinum in FFX-2 last night. The main game took me 112hrs and the Last Mission took 15. Although I could have completed it much faster. I was so overpowered at the end of LM the final boss could only hit me for 1pt damage per hit.
assuming you used a guide? Seems impossible without one bc of all those minor percentages needed for 100%. Aside from that, going by the list, it looks like it'll be easier than FFX as it doesnt appear to require much or any grinding. That was what took up most of my time with X. Thank god theres no trophy for 100% all dress spheres for all girls
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:14 AM   #528
kjacobs03 kjacobs03 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kjacobs03's Avatar
 
May 2007
Columbus, OH
64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
assuming you used a guide? Seems impossible without one bc of all those minor percentages needed for 100%. Aside from that, going by the list, it looks like it'll be easier than FFX as it doesnt appear to require much or any grinding. That was what took up most of my time with X. Thank god theres no trophy for 100% all dress spheres for all girls
I did use a guide for 100%. I had done a 100% run back on the PS2 days too.
I actually got all the dress spheres mastered long before the end of the game thanks to AP Egg and the garment grid that give you the Mug ability.
Only real grinding involved is getting Oversouled monsters to appear which is much easier now with the Creature Creator.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #529
Havok83 Havok83 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Finally got the platinum on X-2. That trophy involving the oversouled monsters was a b-tch of a grind
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #530
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
283
2
Default

I am 4hrs in on FFX, and this game seems to suffer a lot of motion blur. I need to keep my focus on Tidus and try to ignore the surroundings otherwise it is nauseating.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #531
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Emperor
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
187
55
22
46
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Just got past the first Evrae fight, going to get Bahamut once I get home.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #532
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
283
2
Default

I am now at 79hrs and slowly and painfully working on the sphere grid. That's basically all I have left to do. Grind the sphere grid and battle Penance (and all the dark aeons) and Nemesis.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #533
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Emperor
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
187
55
22
46
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
I am now at 79hrs and slowly and painfully working on the sphere grid. That's basically all I have left to do. Grind the sphere grid and battle Penance (and all the dark aeons) and Nemesis.
I don't even know what Nemesis is, I doubt I will bother with the Dark Aeons though. Definitely finding blitzball addictive again, need at least 1 more good defender though, getting scored on once in every 3 games or more is a bit too often to me. Record so far is 62 goals in a 10 game league season, terrible I know.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #534
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
283
2
Default

yup blitzball is actually fun...I know I played it quite a bit on PS2, though I never got Jecht shot 2 back then because by the time I learned what the prerequisites were, it was too late. There were no more opponents using the lower key technique I needed to copy and I didn't want to reset my blitzball when I could already score from half court.

So this time around I put another good chunk of time just playing blitzball with my goal of getting Jecht shot 2
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:39 PM   #535
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Emperor
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
187
55
22
46
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
yup blitzball is actually fun...I know I played it quite a bit on PS2, though I never got Jecht shot 2 back then because by the time I learned what the prerequisites were, it was too late. There were no more opponents using the lower key technique I needed to copy and I didn't want to reset my blitzball when I could already score from half court.

So this time around I put another good chunk of time just playing blitzball with my goal of getting Jecht shot 2
70 goals in 10 games is now my record, not sure how you're scoring so frequently from mid court. My team -
Tidus
Eigaar
Lakkam
Berrik
Ropp
Nimrook
Still want to replace Ropp with Judda, it really is quite ridiculous how much better the Al Bhed tend to be at everything than most of the other blitzball players. I do hear the Psyches tend to be average at higher levels but so far their well rounded out stats are proving rather formidable, I may start going after the Beasts later in the game, sounds like they become the best team. Not sure why the AI signs Aurochs to teams ever, they seem to be the worst players, at least at lower levels.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.

Last edited by Batman1980; 06-09-2015 at 03:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #536
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
283
2
Default

My PS2 lineup was;
Center: Brother
Left Forward: Tidus
Right Forward: Ropp

can't remember who backfield and goalie was since opponents couldn't get that far anyway

My Remastered lineup is;
Center: Letty
Left Forward: Tidus
Right Forward: Brother

I kept the rest of the Aurochs because I read somewhere before that it affects Wakka's Auroch reels overdrive.

Brother can swim fast enough to always double team with Letty so as soon as he gets the ball, pass to Tidus to score.

Tidus techniques I slot are;
Jecht Shot (just in case)
Sphere Shot (my go to, takes longer to score still but at least adds SH points)
Tackle Slip 2
Venom Shot 3 (just for the added SH points if I have a free shot or opponent goalie lower level for faster scoring)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #537
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Emperor
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
187
55
22
46
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Disappointed I don't always get 70+ goals in a league season, especially after reaching that total in back to back seasons. Some games I get 4 goals and some games I get 10, almost seems random although you'd think there wouldn't be any keepers who could stop my unblocked attempts.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #538
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
283
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Disappointed I don't always get 70+ goals in a league season, especially after reaching that total in back to back seasons. Some games I get 4 goals and some games I get 10, almost seems random although you'd think there wouldn't be any keepers who could stop my unblocked attempts.
I did notice that...doesn't happen a lot but there are a few times when my SH number is way higher than the goalie's CA but my shot is still caught.

Anyway...the plat is finally closer in sight.. The grind to fill up the sphere grid is just so long. I have literally fallen asleep twice already grinding fights in the monster arena. I have just filled up all nodes and completed Tidus, now just need to complete for the other characters.

Can't wait to get this done so I can move on to J-Stars or Bloodborne!
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #539
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
283
2
Default

so close just need the Penance trophy and only have Dark Yojimbo left before I can fight Penance.

This has been the longest platinum I have in terms of actual game time. I am now at 127clocked hours not including game overs/do overs/restarts
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #540
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Emperor
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
187
55
22
46
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
so close just need the Penance trophy and only have Dark Yojimbo left before I can fight Penance.

This has been the longest platinum I have in terms of actual game time. I am now at 127clocked hours not including game overs/do overs/restarts
Even I've never played that many hours on a FF before. Can't believe you've beaten any of the Dark Aeons, seems like they instantly 1 hit KO my entire party every time I face them.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:58 AM.