Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces (Blu-ray)
$48.95
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$47.86
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.46
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Me Before You (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Carrie (Blu-ray)
$22.99
An American Werewolf in London (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-15-2015, 11:39 PM   #701

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCA View Post
Found another Eraserhead disc issue...
Check out 21:55, resolution drops to large sqaures.
This is on the second printing disc, time for disc release 3.
Just checked and see the same thing. It's probably not something big enough for most people to notice or for Criterion to fix. It's like it switches to DVD resolution for that one shot for whatever odd reason.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:09 PM   #702

Jun 2009

To those that sent in their discs for replacement:
How long was the turnaround time? I sent mine about a month ago and I still haven't received a replacement disc. I contacted criterion after about two weeks and they said they had received my disc. That was about two weeks ago so...
Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #703

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

good thing i never sent or watched mine yet.. stupid backlog lol.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:56 AM   #704

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post
Just checked and see the same thing. It's probably not something big enough for most people to notice or for Criterion to fix. It's like it switches to DVD resolution for that one shot for whatever odd reason.
DVD resolution from Criterion BD? Very disappointed in Criterion's quality control. I wonder what David Lynch thinks about this mess?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:06 AM   #705

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Ash View Post
DVD resolution from Criterion BD? Very disappointed in Criterion's quality control. I wonder what David Lynch thinks about this mess?
It's a quick anomaly in one quick, isolated shot. It's like there is some weird digital filtering in the shot. 99.99% will not notice it unless they are told to look for it. I didn't until going back and checking when I read that post.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #706
Power Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Jeez, another issue?

I don't expect them to correct this one, since it's so short, and people haven't even noticed it until now (I haven't even come around to watch my own copy), but, man, Criterion's QC has really gone down the hill these last couple of years.

I wonder if somebody important left the company? It used to be that you could (almost always) trust them to deliver the best.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, L'orribile secret del Dr. Hichcock (ITA cut), Kill Baby Kill, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Man Bites Dog, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, Carnival of Souls, Cat People (1942), I walked with a Zombie, The Thing From Another World, L'arcano incantatore, Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, Andy Warhol's Dracula, The Revenge of Frankenstein, Lust for a Vampire.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (11-25-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #707

Oct 2010

Quote:
It's a quick anomaly in one quick, isolated shot. It's like there is some weird digital filtering in the shot. 99.99% will not notice it unless they are told to look for it. I didn't until going back and checking when I read that post.
Does this problem happen on the original 1st print?
Old 12-10-2015, 11:38 PM   #708
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
Jeez, another issue?

I don't expect them to correct this one, since it's so short, and people haven't even noticed it until now (I haven't even come around to watch my own copy), but, man, Criterion's QC has really gone down the hill these last couple of years.

I wonder if somebody important left the company? It used to be that you could (almost always) trust them to deliver the best.
How do you know it's even fixable?

People are fast to cry wolf at every little thing they perceive to be a flaw, but it's quite possible this is the best source material of that one shot that exists. Not every "error" can be fixed, and I don't really see it as an error.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #709
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Brazil

Does it worth watching? I'm asking because I have only seen Mulholland Drive (great, so great) and Twin Peaks (i'm watching season 2 and i'm loving it).
It's on my plans to watch Blue Velvet in the next days, but this one didn't interested me so much.
''You sold your soul to the devil when you put on your first pair of Jimmy Choo's, I saw it.'' - Emily Charlton

If anyone who lives or will come to Brazil is selling/trading The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 40th Anniversary Edition (any edition from any country, with english subtitles), please PM me
Old 02-27-2016, 05:55 PM   #710

Feb 2008
Atlanta, GA U.S.A.

I just got a copy of this directly from Criterion thanks to their recent sale. I was initially concerned that I received the uncorrected version because the back of the packaging stated it was the first printing, and there was no sticker over the UPC as some folks here have seen indicating the corrected version. The disc itself, however, is labelled as the second printing.
PSN ID: WitheyGull

Last edited by witheygull; 02-27-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #711

Jan 2011
Alabama

Quote:
I just now got around to checking mine and I don't see it at all. Second printing with the black screen fix too.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #712

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
I just now got around to checking mine and I don't see it at all. Second printing with the black screen fix too.
It's on the fixed version. It's really pretty minor. If you look closely at that one shot mentioned above you will see what looks like interlacing artifacts. You have to look pretty closely though.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #713
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

I didn't notice it either but that doesn't mean it isn't there.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #714

Jan 2011
Alabama

Quote:
It's on the fixed version. It's really pretty minor. If you look closely at that one shot mentioned above you will see what looks like interlacing artifacts. You have to look pretty closely though.
I know it's supposed to be on the fixed version, and that's the one I have. The shot in question is Mary and Henry sitting on her couch right? I'm just not seeing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I didn't notice it either but that doesn't mean it isn't there.
Of course! I'm not saying it's not there, just my point is if it is there it's something incredibly minor unlike the black screen error.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America