Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The X-Files: Event Series (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The New World (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Conan the Barbarian 3D (Blu-ray)
$4.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ip Man Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Jungle Book (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Choice (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The In-Laws (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-09-2016, 01:55 AM   #781
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

I think it may be a smart move for Synapse to just say once they shipped their pre-orders otherwise they will get hit with emails etc as they are working hard to ship orders.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 02-09-2016, 03:01 AM   #782

Aug 2009

Hate to bring this up but this thread is a huge haystack by now from which to gleam the needle of info on importing Synapse releases, but how many options are out there for UK buyers? I like the look of the hi-def ninja release but their site seems to have been purposefully designed to be as vague and confusing as possible - What the hell is a "trip-pack" release for instance and why was it $175? I mean, the single edition is listed at $50 so if the trip pack was just a triple release with the three art designs then you've got a $25 discrepancy in price there.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:03 AM   #783

Oct 2013
McMurdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
Hate to bring this up but this thread is a huge haystack by now from which to gleam the needle of info on importing Synapse releases, but how many options are out there for UK buyers?
http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Horror-[sl]-Thriller/Tenebrae-(Synapse-LE-3000-Steelbook-CD-[sl]-Blu~Ray-[sl]-DVD-Combo).html
Thanks given by:
Shingster (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 03:26 AM   #784

Aug 2009

Thanks ckt, I knew about Diabolik but couldn't remember their name! Are they & Ninja the only two etailers that do this sort of thing? (ie: Are there Amazon Marketplace sellers). Seems Diabolik are about $3-$4 cheaper than Ninja overall but with ninja you get their custom bells & whistles (for now).
Old 02-09-2016, 03:32 AM   #785

Oct 2013
McMurdo

Quote:
Are they & Ninja the only two etailers that do this sort of thing?
Not sure. But I know you cannot get it on Amazon
Thanks given by:
Shingster (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 05:33 AM   #786
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterLives View Post
Don't get it. I HIGHLY doubt you'll like it. It's a giallo film, and you're after monster flicks, and slashers.
I like monster films and slashers, like he mentioned, yet I also love Tenebrae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterLives View Post
Forget the ending, what about the apartment building shot?
That shot was amazing. Unforgettable.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #787
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Thanks ckt, I knew about Diabolik but couldn't remember their name! Are they & Ninja the only two etailers that do this sort of thing? (ie: Are there Amazon Marketplace sellers). Seems Diabolik are about $3-$4 cheaper than Ninja overall but with ninja you get their custom bells & whistles (for now).
Diabolik DVD is probably going to be your best bet. With the Synapse Demons and Demons 2 steelbooks, they were being sold on Amazon Marketplace but with marked up prices, even though they still haven't sold out on Synapse's website.

I think Diabolik is the only other place that you'll find Tenebrae at MSRP.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."
Thanks given by:
Shingster (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #788
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
I think Diabolik is the only other place that you'll find Tenebrae at MSRP.
You'll only find Tenebrae at MSRP chez Synapse. At Diabolik, it's $47.99.
Thanks given by:
Shingster (02-09-2016), Sleazeaddict (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #789

Aug 2009

Thanks guys, $8 isn't a huge increase in price at the end of the day, so I've just got to decide if this release is a significant enough upgrade over the Arrow steelbook to warrant the outlay as it'll be just under 50 delivered! The remastered OST is what's selling me at the moment

Last edited by Shingster; 02-09-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #790

Oct 2013
McMurdo

Quote:
Thanks guys, $8 isn't a huge increase in price at the end of the day, so I've just got to decide if this release is a significant enough upgrade over the Arrow steelbook to warrant the outlay as it'll be just under 50 delivered! The remastered OST is what's selling me at the moment
The inclusion of the soundtrack is a nice selling point. I think it's remastered too? And, as someone mentioned earlier, you can divide the cost between the movie and the soundtrack — if that helps you rationalize. Also, seeing as how it's more expensive to get this outside the US, it'll probably hold value well in the UK, if you decide to sell.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #791

Aug 2009

Yeah ordinarily I would order it without a 2nd thought but I've just been bled 500 for a friend's Stag Do and I'm looking at a costly HDMI lead replacement because my new DENON amp seems to dislike the cable I already have, so I'm not in a strong position to be forking out 50 on a film I already have a decent blu-ray edition of!

Ill just have to keep a close eye on it and take the plunge if it looks like we're down to last few remaining. I can't see this being a very quick seller for Synapse though because I'd imagine their hard core audience will mostly have the arrow release and be waiting to see how the Synapse compares. Suspiria I expect to sell out in days.

EDIT: Just remembered I've got a few quid in credit via PayPal from a proper ebay auction, so I would only have to pay 20 towards this out of my own pocket! Just ordered it from hidefninja as I've always wanted to give them a try, but there was no place during the online process where I could request a customs workaround if they do one. Are there UK members here who can confirm these guys are customs friendly regardless of whether you contact them or not?

Last edited by Shingster; 02-11-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:58 AM   #792

Dec 2009
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Q View Post
And can you watch Tenebrae, Phenomena or Suspiria, uncut and in crystal clear HD, on Netflix?

I'm not trying to be a smartarse, I know very little about Netflix or any of that stuff.
There was a brief period of time where Suspiria was on Netflix in HD, but it was the edited 20th Century Fox US cut.

But as of now, there's no Argento film to be found on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #793
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse Films
Due to delays caused by our replicators, Synapse Films may be unable to start shipping the TENEBRAE Steelbook on our original proposed release date of February 23rd. It is unfortunate, but no fault of Synapse Films. Our replicator/assembler has had the Steelbook cases since before the New Year, the physical discs for two weeks, and all the final paper was delivered a week ago Tuesday. As far as we know at this point in time, they have not begun assembling the discs for us, nor have they given us a definitive drop shipment date when they will arrive to our offices, even though they were aware of our February 23rd release date.

We certainly hope to receive the discs as originally scheduled, and we hope our replicator is making the effort to make this happen. If the discs do not arrive on the 23rd, we will begin shipping them AS SOON as they come in and are inventoried. It could be just a day or two, or as much as a week, later than expected.

Synapse Films thanks you for your support and patience in this matter, and we apologize for any inconvenience our replicator has caused.

Kindest Regards,

Don May Jr.
President, Synapse Film
https://www.facebook.com/synapsefilm...e=3&permPage=1
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #794
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
NJ

Uh oh
Old 02-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #795
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014
France

What's another week or so at worst? Nothing
Thanks given by:
thecalm_7 (02-18-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:16 PM   #796
Power Member

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

What a surprise. The guy who brought up the Demons steelbook delay jinxed us hard.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:02 PM   #797
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

I placed my first order with Synapse last night by placing a preorder for Tenebrae. Today it's been delayed. No surprise there. I would expect nothing less than a month delay.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:12 PM   #798

Nov 2012

So close, yet so far...
Old 02-17-2016, 11:38 PM   #799
Power Member

Nov 2013
-
-
-

Does hidefninja allow people to cancel their pre-orders?

I ordered the new Deep Red set from 2 places and they both cancelled on me, so I just don't want this either
~RANKING 2016 FILMS~
Old 02-18-2016, 12:27 AM   #800
Power Member

Jun 2012
USA

It's just a few days to a week. Relax.

You know, I just realized; this is going to be the first Synapse release I ever got!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America