Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
14 hrs ago
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
7 hrs ago
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
20 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-16-2014, 12:34 AM   #1101
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
And obviously something came up delaying the announcement. Far for the first time or last time an announcement was delayed, and companies never put out a press release saying there's been a delay.
^ Yep
Old 11-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #1102
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Saying you're going to do something, then not following through = unprofessional.

Bottom line.
Get your ducks in order, before you "tease" anything. Quite simple.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #1103
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey horror View Post
Why are we even having this discussion? How do you know there's other companies involved when they haven't announced anything yet? And if that's the case then they're still incompetant for teasing it prematurely.
We don't that is my point! You don't know what it was or what happened, f it was what you thought then Universal are involved, if not then it may have been one person getting it wrong on facebook, or maybe something else! They are not doctors, they are a media company incompetent? really? strong ass word to use to the company who have given us more access to ED over 20+ years than anyone
Stop running in circles and wait and see maybe?
Old 11-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #1104
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike View Post
We don't that is my point! You don't know what it was or what happened, f it was what you thought then Universal are involved, if not then it may have been one person getting it wrong on facebook, or maybe something else!
Stop running in circles and wait and see maybe?
Nobody is running in circles. It's just an opinion.
They made a promise, and failed to deliver. Unprofessional.
Again, very simple concept.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #1105

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Nobody is running in circles. It's just an opinion.
They made a promise, and failed to deliver. Unprofessional.
Again, very simple concept.
I get what you mean, but Criterion has delayed announcements several times this year, and I still consider them professional. Again, last minute things happen. As they do in life.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #1106
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
I get what you mean, but Criterion has delayed announcements several times this year, and I still consider them professional. Again, last minute things happen. As they do in life.
And I would label each one of those instances, by Criterion, as being incompetent. Of course I would still do business with them, just like I would AB...but gaffs like this are easily avoidable and IMO: incompetent.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #1107
Special Member

Sep 2006

Quote:
Nothing is stopping them from announcing that the announcement will be delayed. You dont just put up a poster for a big announcement on Friday and then ignore it completely.
Thanks given by:
joltman (11-17-2014)
Old 11-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #1108
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Nothing is stopping them from announcing that the announcement will be delayed. You dont just put up a poster for a big announcement on Friday and then ignore it completely.
I agree.
You teased, so now "un-tease" it.

I get things happen in life...just be professional and take care of business. Don't leave your customers twisting in the wind.
Thanks given by:
shamus (11-16-2014)
Old 11-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #1109
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

I had $10 of Best Buy Rewards points, so I stopped by the store down the street yesterday and purchased the standard Blu-ray edition of The Evil Dead.

This is one of those movies that I grew up watching, but have passed by on the Blu-ray shelves until now. It's probably because I overplayed the movie a few years back during my DVD days. I had the same experience with another well-loved movie, The Princess Bride, that I finally got around to upgrading to Blu-ray a month or so ago when I found it for cheap at Target.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #1110
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

I watched my Blu-ray of The Evil Dead late last night, and I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting this movie for the first time in a few years.

I've never thought of this first Evil Dead film as campy or comical, although it's easy to understand why many fans view it in that sense. I read a Bruce Campbell interview several years ago where he talked about how the actors and the filmmakers were all playing it straight at the time, and trying their best to make a scary horror film. My appreciation of the movie is even greater now, since I have spent a lot of the last couple of months watching late-1970s and early-1980s horror films by way of Scream Factory and Scorpion Releasing. The Evil Dead maintains the rough-around-the-edges vibe of those movies, but ups the ante considerably in terms of gore.

The Evil Dead features one of the most painful gore scenes that I have ever watched. This scene, where a character's ankle is stabbed by a pencil, makes me wince and puts my hair on end each and every time. Ouch, ouch, ouch...

The Blu-ray looks great. I opted to watch the widescreen version this time around, but the film works wonderfully in both aspect ratios.
Thanks given by:
Davidian (11-23-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #1111
Suspended

Jun 2012
Banned, MI

So, it appears there is some kind of release still on the books for Dec. 2nd, presumably the one Anchor Bay pulled the plug on. Can anyone confirm via someone in the know at Best Buy if there is some exclusive happening or if this is just Best Buy being stupid? Here's the link - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evil-dea...hM11LrI72aPFFA

Even the picture shown has a different rating system label on the packaging that isn't used in the United States, so I'm just guessing this is all wrong. If it was real it's stupid in my opinion to include these props cause all they do is hike the price up over $100 and they wouldn't do anything besides collect dust.

Probably better off keeping all my single releases anyway unless "Army Of Darkness" disc was new with all the special features and other cut of the film. Who knows if they would include the special edition DVD that came with the original film release on blu-ray that was limited.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America