Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
14 hrs ago
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
7 hrs ago
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
20 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
0.5 1 0.89%
1.0 2 1.79%
1.5 5 4.46%
2.0 4 3.57%
2.5 11 9.82%
3.0 25 22.32%
3.5 28 25.00%
4.0 23 20.54%
4.5 8 7.14%
5.0 5 4.46%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2014, 05:53 AM   #2761
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Okay, it obviously does not pack the punch that the other two do, but this is still pretty darn good! Lots of fun.
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Thanks given by:
Foggy (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #2762
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
Okay, it obviously does not pack the punch that the other two do, but this is still pretty darn good! Lots of fun.
You've made me very happy Scott.

"Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho."

20 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) Jurassic Park 4) The Empire Strikes Back 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Pulp Fiction 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Shaun of the Dead 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) The Matrix 15) Taxi Driver 16) Psycho 17) The Departed 18) Groundhog Day 19) Roman Holiday 20) The Thing
Old 11-26-2014, 06:30 AM   #2763
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

How did that one plane hold all that testosterone?
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 11-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #2764
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
How did that one plane hold all that testosterone?
It is forged from the remains of their enemies.
"Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho."

20 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) Jurassic Park 4) The Empire Strikes Back 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Pulp Fiction 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Shaun of the Dead 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) The Matrix 15) Taxi Driver 16) Psycho 17) The Departed 18) Groundhog Day 19) Roman Holiday 20) The Thing
Old 11-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #2765
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
Definitely, I like his idea so far. Set it in China with less cameos and more screen time shared between each actor. There is just far too many people now.
Easiest way to cut the cast (if you care about continuity) is to not make it a mission. Maybe Yang's closest friends go to visit him in China and the end up in the middle of something else going down -- a wrong place, wrong time scenario. Then you don't have to bring back any of the young replacements because they don't know him. Or bring one of them along to be the first one to die.

And if you film in China, you get Jet Li for the whole movie.

But there have to be casualties for the good guys. And no bad guys with an army of hundreds who only shoot blanks.
Thanks given by:
Ill_Be_Back (11-26-2014), ocielz (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #2766

Nov 2010
Kirksville, Missouri
Send a message via AIM to Richard Graham

Gibson, Kelsey, and Antonio are great. Snipes is rough, but it's good to have him back.

Dolph looks terrible. Ford and Li have lost any and all ability to act. Lutz will have a long C- list career. Rhonda is okay, but I'm thinking this is probably the end of her movie career, unless she appears on superhero TV shows playing a tough.
"Hey Paul!"
Old 11-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #2767
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
First to be cut is the chick. The value of my ticket dropped as soon as she appeared.
Yeah, she was the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocielz View Post
I'll post this here too,

Can they stop with athletes and MMA fighters in these movies and just get actual 80's and 90's Action stars!!?!!?!?!
I agree! We only want to see the action stars not these athletes that want to have a film career.
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 11-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #2768
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Suspects behind Expendables 3 leak arrested in UK

Quote:
Anti-piracy police have arrested two men on suspicion of leaking action film The Expendables 3 before its release date.

Detectives from the Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit (Pipcu) arrested two men in Upton, Wirral, and Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.

Copies of the film began circulating online from 25 July. The official US release date was not until 15 August.

The high-quality pirated copy was viewed hundreds of thousands of times.

The men, a 36-year-old and 33-year-old, were arrested at their homes and taken to local police stations.

The pair are suspected of stealing the film from a cloud-based system before uploading it on to the internet.

Lionsgate Films, which made the movie and referred the case to Pipcu, claims that the pirated copy had a significant financial impact on the film-makers, costing them millions of pounds in the UK alone.

Head of Pipcu, Det Ch Insp Danny Medlycott said of the action: "Today's operation shows you the significant impact intellectual property crime has on our creative industries, with millions of pounds being lost as a result of criminal actions.

"The public need to be aware that piracy is not a victimless crime. By downloading illegal music, film, TV and books, not only are you exposing your own computer to the risk of viruses and malware, but you are also putting hard-working people's livelihoods at risk as piracy threatens the security of thousands of jobs in the UK's creative industries."
Source
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 11-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #2769

Jan 2014

I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. I would rank this behind 2 and ahead of the first. The first was just okay, and of course completely underused its best actor. This was a hell of a lot of fun, though. Gibson made a great villain.
If I forget to leave feedback, please send me a reminder and I will promptly do so. Thank you!

My Digital Library
Thanks given by:
willo007 (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #2770
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:

Source
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #2771
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:

Source
/facepalm
Old 12-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #2772
Power Member

Mar 2011

I rented this last night (free Redbox rental) and thought it was awful. I wanted to like it, but this was one boring "action" movie. It's like Lionsgate spent all their money on the action scene in the beginning and the action scene at the end, and didn't have any money for action in the middle of the movie.

I'm not even a "I need explosions!!" person. But in an EXPENDABLES movie, you expect a lot of action, and not to be bored off your ass.

And in an Expendables movie, you expect the majority of the time to be spent with classic action stars. That's the whole premise and appeal of these movies: a bunch of the old action movie stars get together. Who thought it would be a good idea to spend a majority of the runtime with a bunch of nobodies that no one cares about?

For the new guys, I didn't care about the "actors," aka a bunch of athletes I've never heard of. Their acting would be considered bad for a Subway commercial, they certainly don't belong in a major motion picture. I don't expect a Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver level performance from an Expendables movie, but they all acted like that scene in Rocky II where Rocky is having trouble reading the cue cards.

So I especially didn't care about their characters. This was the third movie -- possibly the last -- and instead of spending it with the old school crew, you spend most of the time on a bunch of newbies that were just brought in in this movie? Why? To save money? The audience is there for the old school guys, not these new guys.

It was just really, really boring. Even when there was action on the screen, it was boring and uninspired. It was like watching someone else play a video game. Just a bunch of random enemies getting mowed down (without blood and gore, of course).

Gibson disappointed. He played the most cliche, stereotypical villain ever. And, yes, it's a throwback to the old 80s/90s action movies, but he was wasted. And the Stallone/Gibson showdown was literally shy of two minutes. Lame.

I respect that other people liked this movie, I was hoping I'd like it since I liked the first and I didn't mind the second. With this one, I felt like it was like a straight-to-DVD movie and that it was all a big waste. I was expecting it to be big, mindless fun, but it wasn't fun at all. Harrison Ford was great, though -- if there's a fourth, bring him back. I'm glad Bruce Willis was out.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies