Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$48.78
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.39
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club: Season One (Blu-ray)
$45.99
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Fairy Tail: Collection 7 (Blu-ray)
$35.69
Better Call Saul: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Hero Academia: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$61.89
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.29
Ocean Waves (Blu-ray)
$22.87
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Final Chapters: Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$35.69
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 03-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #19621
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilli View Post
to say there no filler comics is taking it to the extreme tho, there a re a few that dont build up any more story than some of the so called filler tv shows have done
Yes. There are a few issues where not much occurs or is significant to progressing the story, which is why TWD comics are more enjoyable when read in a collection. I own the Compendiums.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #19622

Feb 2016
Thumbs up

With an ending like this weeks episode, and only 2 shows left, please give us action!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Lemmy Lugosi (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #19623

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Yes. There are a few issues where not much occurs or is significant to progressing the story, which is why TWD comics are more enjoyable when read in a collection. I own the Compendiums.
which is the same as binge watching the series.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #19624
Special Member

Jan 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
With an ending like this weeks episode, and only 2 shows left, please give us action!!!!!
I hope so
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #19625
Power Member

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by myanks12 View Post
But I'm of the opinion that the writers need to start moving away from the comics more.
I agree, because I just recently caught up with the comics, and while I'm fine with next season staying pretty faithful, after that I feel like the comics really start to collapse.
[Show spoiler]It's like 50 issues of inter-community politics. The whisperers are alright, and would make for one or two really cool episodes, but after that they get goofy. But everything going on besides/around them is just like tires spinning in mud; it's hard to even read the comics without skipping pages and pages. "Oh, will the people like me if I don't put up signs?"
I really fear for the show with this material looming.
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #19626
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
I think you're going to be let down. I really don't think we'll see the battle until next season. I read the other day that Gimple(?) said this season won't end with a cliff hanger. How do you do that? Don't have the battle. More precisely, don't even get close enough to it that people expect it. Having it as the last episode would naturally lead to a cliffhanger. Who lived, who died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wernski View Post
I agree, because I just recently caught up with the comics, and while I'm fine with next season staying pretty faithful, after that I feel like the comics really start to collapse.
[Show spoiler]It's like 50 issues of inter-community politics. The whisperers are alright, and would make for one or two really cool episodes, but after that they get goofy. But everything going on besides/around them is just like tires spinning in mud; it's hard to even read the comics without skipping pages and pages. "Oh, will the people like me if I don't put up signs?"
I really fear for the show with this material looming.
Exactly how I feel.

Last edited by dyne; Yesterday at 08:19 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #19627

Aug 2016

I have been a big fan of the comic for years and have enjoy the show for what it is most of the time. but yeah...this season has just felt like a mess. I have enjoyed certain moments here and there. my concern going forward is
[Show spoiler]after the war is over, how will they handle the time jump? will they have one. how many years? I fear this could be the point of complete no return to a show I typically enjoy.
Old Today, 01:50 AM   #19628
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by irighti View Post
I have been a big fan of the comic for years and have enjoy the show for what it is most of the time. but yeah...this season has just felt like a mess. I have enjoyed certain moments here and there. my concern going forward is
[Show spoiler]after the war is over, how will they handle the time jump? will they have one. how many years? I fear this could be the point of complete no return to a show I typically enjoy.
What I'm more worried about is how will
[Show spoiler]Michonne's absence during the time jump be explained when she's replaced Andrea.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows