Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Pr… $3.96 (53% sold out)
Now: Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 $10.00 (50% sold out)
Now: Neighbors $9.00 (42% sold out)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
9 hrs ago
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
21 hrs ago
The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$4.99
2 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
46 min ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
20 hrs ago
Act of Valor (Blu-ray)
$4.99
2 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Bad Santa (Blu-ray)
$3.99
16 hrs ago
Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
 
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$9.99
14 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #221
dickdarlington dickdarlington is offline
Active Member
 
dickdarlington's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Las Vegas, NV
465
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I don't believe the Echo Bridge deal ended - not every Miramax film is a Shakespeare in Love and budget distributor EB is a good fit for the less popular titles. The agreement with Weinstein to develop new content, including sequels, is a joint venture meaning booth will invest in the development, but I've never seen any reference to Weinstein investing directly in the new ownership. The Weinsteins were in the bidding to buy Miramax from Disney, but lost out.
Echo Bridge no longer has the rights to any of the Miramax/Dimension catalog. Their website has been scrubbed clean of any information that even remotely related to the Miramax deal in the first place and all titles have been removed from their catalogs. Whatever is out in the market place is what's left.

Lionsgate now controls the entire library and has already started making a lot of the previous Echo Bridge releases now available in HD on VOD services. So we'll see what happens when it comes to Blu-ray.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #222
The Duke The Duke is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
The Duke's Avatar
 
May 2009
Wild Wild West
2
246
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdarlington View Post
Echo Bridge no longer has the rights to any of the Miramax/Dimension catalog. Their website has been scrubbed clean of any information that even remotely related to the Miramax deal in the first place and all titles have been removed from their catalogs. Whatever is out in the market place is what's left.

Lionsgate now controls the entire library and has already started making a lot of the previous Echo Bridge releases now available in HD on VOD services. So we'll see what happens when it comes to Blu-ray.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check and see if there's any more Miramax BDs from Echo Bridge that I want.

Last edited by The Duke; 04-11-2014 at 10:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #223
bigdaddyhorse bigdaddyhorse is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bigdaddyhorse's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
SE MI.
558
1147
3
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check and see if there's any more Miramax BDs from Echo Bridge that I want.
Hurry, you may've missed out on some already as prices have gone insane on titles like Fortress, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Existenz, Mother's Boys, Godzilla vs Biollante, Immortality and probably a few others that slip my mind. But many others are still cheap and easy to get for now. Happy hunting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #224
kiltymchaggis kiltymchaggis is online now
Senior Member
 
kiltymchaggis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
763
269
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Hurry, you may've missed out on some already as prices have gone insane on titles like Fortress, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Existenz, Mother's Boys, Godzilla vs Biollante, Immortality and probably a few others that slip my mind. But many others are still cheap and easy to get for now. Happy hunting.
Hellraiser: Deader and She's So Lovely are two more where the price has gone way up.

Last edited by kiltymchaggis; 04-12-2014 at 08:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #225
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
134
7
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Hurry, you may've missed out on some already as prices have gone insane on titles like Fortress, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Existenz, Mother's Boys, Godzilla vs Biollante, Immortality and probably a few others that slip my mind. But many others are still cheap and easy to get for now. Happy hunting.
HAHA! "Teaching Mrs. Tingle."

What a memory.
Team Gale 4EVA! :)

Bring back the UO THREAD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:23 AM   #226
OrlandoEastwood OrlandoEastwood is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
OrlandoEastwood's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Mexico, OH
76
545
2
85
24
Default

I'm hoping that Lionsgate will re-issue this once Tusk comes out on Blu-ray. It's amazing how they now own most of Kevin's films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #227
sumo8675309 sumo8675309 is offline
Member
 
Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
I'm hoping that Lionsgate will re-issue this once Tusk comes out on Blu-ray. It's amazing how they now own most of Kevin's films.
i see that a pre-order popped up on the site today but there's no info on whether it's the directors cut or another re-issue of the theatrical cut .
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #228
WorkShed WorkShed is offline
Power Member
 
WorkShed's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Waukee, IA
728
32
Default

Probably a re-issue, but I WOULD LOVE it to be the director's cut.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #229
slaizer2000 slaizer2000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2007
Rochester NY
1
Default

possibly a directors cut?

http://www.beyondbeautifuljlo.com/fo...p?f=65&t=43498
Vizio M701d-ar3
PS4/Xbox One/Sony BDSP5100
i5 custom built PC/Vizio 37" & 26" HDTV Monitor
Cisco Explorer 8640HDC DVR
Monster Power HTS 3600 MKII
Marantz sr6008 -7.1 Jamo Speakers (E660/E6CEN.5/A3SUB.3)
Harmony One
My DVD/Blu-ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #230
WorkShed WorkShed is offline
Power Member
 
WorkShed's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Waukee, IA
728
32
Default

He'd been teasing this for a while now, but who knows if Lionsgate will want to release it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #231
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nov 2008
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkShed View Post
He'd been teasing this for a while now, but who knows if Lionsgate will want to release it.
Or if Miramax will allow Lionsgate to release it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #232
Jay Mammoth Jay Mammoth is online now
Active Member
 
Jay Mammoth's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Buffalo NY
435
11
1
Default

I saw the directors cut years ago at one of Kevin Smiths Vulgarthons it was great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #233
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
316
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkShed View Post
Probably a re-issue, but I WOULD LOVE it to be the director's cut.
It is just a reissue. Should be identical to the EB release
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #234
blurayfriend blurayfriend is offline
Senior Member
 
blurayfriend's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
402
11
Default

I've wanted to see the directors' cut for a long time, mainly to see the extended ending that apparently went a whole 15 minutes further into a completely different direction, but I never heard any details. Really curious as to what happened.

Also, are the Echo Bridge Miramax titles really that rare? I have this and Teaching Mrs. Tingle and I can't imagine anyone paying more than a fiver for each on the secondhand market, they don't even have subtitles!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #235
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nov 2008
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayfriend View Post
Also, are the Echo Bridge Miramax titles really that rare? I have this and Teaching Mrs. Tingle and I can't imagine anyone paying more than a fiver for each on the secondhand market, they don't even have subtitles!
Since Echo Bridge no longer has distribution rights, their releases are now out of print. Whatever stock is out is left, however, Lionsgate has taken over distribution of these titles and is simply distributing EB's efforts with new box art.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #236
PuppetMasterBlu PuppetMasterBlu is offline
Power Member
 
PuppetMasterBlu's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Since Echo Bridge no longer has distribution rights, their releases are now out of print. Whatever stock is out is left, however, Lionsgate has taken over distribution of these titles and is simply distributing EB's efforts with new box art.
Yeah they really are the same discs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #237
rafaelsalguero rafaelsalguero is offline
Expert Member
 
rafaelsalguero's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Mexico
1
1209
2
12
Default

I hope its the Director's Cut, Kevin was working on this since Summer 2013
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #238
bigdaddyhorse bigdaddyhorse is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bigdaddyhorse's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
SE MI.
558
1147
3
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayfriend View Post
I've wanted to see the directors' cut for a long time, mainly to see the extended ending that apparently went a whole 15 minutes further into a completely different direction, but I never heard any details. Really curious as to what happened.

Also, are the Echo Bridge Miramax titles really that rare? I have this and Teaching Mrs. Tingle and I can't imagine anyone paying more than a fiver for each on the secondhand market, they don't even have subtitles!
They were all getting insane money when they went OOP, but prices have come back to Earth on nearly all. Only Hellraiser: Deader is still stupid priced on amazon. Fortress is back around $20, and Mrs. Tingle was back to about $5 last time I looked (within the week). Once again, my unborn children's college fund has been foiled by dropping BD prices! Curses! Don't recall how high this title ever got as it's one of 2 Smith films I can not stand, so I never looked since I never cared.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 AM.